I have a Rpi3 with LE8 player attached to -->main router-->ISP router (bridged)-->internet
I use the LE8 Rpi3 to play:
- Local video, audio and images on a NAS (via NFS sharing)
- Spotify songs from my Tablet and Smartphone devices to a Spotify Connect Device (which LE8 also is)
- Internet video and audio streams
My remote control for kodi is an android Smartphone with the Yatse App
Now some of the Internet video and audio streams I would like to play through a VPN.
I know I can setup a VPN on the Rpi3 LE8 system, but I also have a spare Wireless Router, which I could use as a dedicated VPN router
My questions are:
What is better: Setup a VPN on the Rpi3 LE8 or create a dedicated VPN router with the RPi3 LE8 attached?
And if I setup a dedicated VPN router:
- Can I still access the NAS which is connected to my main router? (I also use the NAS for other purposes where my ISP network is needed)
- Can I still use The Yatse remote control app on my smartphone when connected to my main router?
- Is the LE8 Spotify Connect Device still visible in my smartphone when connected to the main router?