Kodi.Tv domain seized by authorities.

• It's a joke of course, but an ill-advised one because it's causing disruption and timewasting for a lot of users. There's people encountering problems due to the add-on repo being down, spending an hour trying to fix it on their side and only then going to kodi.tv and realising a dumb prank is underway.

A good joke should always be in good-spirits and not cause annoyance or trouble. This prank is like letting the air out of someones tyres, it's mean spirited and is causing disruption.

Edited once, last by trent (April 1, 2017 at 1:02 PM).

• You can always rest one day without tv/kodi, spend time with friends, family on fresh air :)

That's fine if you know in advance it's a joke. A lot of people had botched updates, were trying to install skins, add-ons etc. Spent time trying to fix it, before going to kodi.tv and seeing that everything was offline as a 'joke'. There's nothing funny about wasted time trying to fix something to find out afterwards that the repos and download links have been deliberately pulled down as a joke.

• That's fine if you know in advance it's a joke. A lot of people had botched updates, were trying to install skins, add-ons etc. Spent time trying to fix it, before going to kodi.tv and seeing that everything was offline as a 'joke'. There's nothing funny about wasted time trying to fix something to find out afterwards that the repos and download links have been deliberately pulled down as a joke.

It's clearly a joke. It's just not clear whose joke.

• It's clearly a joke. It's just not clear whose joke.

Yes, I know it's a joke, I said this above.

But as part of the joke they have taken the support forum down, the add-on repo down, the download links. Which has caused problems for a lot of people, many of whom didn't even know of the ICE joke until after spending a hour troubleshooting.

It's just silly and poorly-executed. You can make the same joke without borking systems.

• Yes, I know it's a joke, I said this above.

But as part of the joke they have taken the support forum down, the add-on repo down, the download links. Which has caused problems for a lot of people, many of whom didn't even know of the ICE joke until after spending a hour troubleshooting.

It's just silly and poorly-executed. You can make the same joke without borking systems.

Maybe it's clear to you who 'they' are. It's not to me. Maybe I've missed something though.

• If I'm ever in court I hope you're not on the jury.

If a joke ICE notice with a Rick Roll link on the page source gets put on kodi.tv website on April 1 then it's clearly a prank by Team Kodi. They do something every year but this is the first time they have broken the support forum, download links, add-on repos etc. I don't know why you are confused (or pretending to be confused) by this.

It's a joke, which is fine, but pulling everything offline isn't necessary.