Posts by DarrenHill

zomboided - replacing #PATH with the explicit path didn't help (basically same error in openVPN.log as before), so it looks to me like the issue is in the naming and inhaling of the password file from the askpass tag.

But the good news is that PiVPN can generate an ovpn file without the password encryption (PiVPN -a nopass is the command line to do so, for anyone else who needs it) and that works fine out of the box without any modifications just by pointing the add-on at it under User Defined.

I'm not sure we lose anything by going that way given the password is stored on the machine in plain text anyway in this case, just a slightly non-standard tweak needed to create it.

I think I tried that yesterday, but I'll give it another go tonight.

But also I think PiVPN does have the ability to create ovpn files without a password anyway. So if setting the path specifically doesn't work then I'll try that and report back.

zomboided I've just hit this same issue, and even by adjusting the ovpn file it doesn't work properly.

If I add the askpass tag it does ask for the password, and saves it in a file user.txt in the addon's data folder. But the ovpn file gets modified to point to key.txt for some reason. But even if I duplicate the user.txt file to key.txt, it still fails to import it properly as it seems to be just pointed at the folder rather than the specific file in it (see the openvpn.log below)?

Below are the relevant log files plus the sanitised ovpn file. If you need more information please let me know and I'll grab it.

ovpn - hastebin
    openvpn.log - hastebin
    import log - hastebin

I'd also wonder a little if the IP address of the Win10 PC has been changed/reassigned by the router when it rebooted.

If so the links within KODI may now point to the wrong address and so failing? You can see the IP address in the web dashboard page of the router (usually) and the address that the LE source is using by editing it.

milhouse - ok tried the image and it works fine for both lirc and usb.

So it's specifically 8.0.1 that has the issue. I'm now rolled back to 8.0.0 again as the skin i use (Amber) isn't Leia compatible yet.

Where should we go from here?

Oops :blush: corrected.

I will, but give me a few days as I'm traveling at the moment and would rather back the card up first so i can roll back afterwards properly. I'm now back on 8.0.0 and everything is working fine again (after re-enabling the lirc in the config addon).

I had to hot plug the WiFi dongle to get it working, so it could be.

Can you run:

Code
    1. journalctl -a | pastebinit
    2. vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | pastebinit
    3. cat /flash/config.txt | pastebinit

then post the links.

sprunge.us/hbQJ
    sprunge.us/FQNM
    sprunge.us/ICBL

There was also a little more information in the boot text -

sprunge.us/XhhY

Also under 8.0.1 the lirc enable/disable option seems to have vanished from the services tab in the LE add-on? Should it be there?

Just updated my Pi Zero from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1 and having issues with LIRC and USB.

When it boots under 8.0.1 I get some boot text over the LibreElec splash screen, including a failure ("Failed to start udev Coldplug all Devices"). The booting continues normally to the end, but when I get there the USB devices connected (a drive plus wifi dongle) aren't working, nor is the LIRC remote (on GPIO).

If I unplug and replug the USB devices they are detected and start working, but I can't see any way to get the LIRC up (in the services tab of the LE config add-on there's no LIRC enable/disable option any more?)

Downgraded to 8.0.0 and all is working again (once the LIRC is re-enabled in the 8.0.0 config add-on).

Grabbed a log, but it doesn't say anything much (Ubuntu Pastebin).

Running the beta 7.90.005 on a Pi zero as an upgrade from 7.0.2 and trying to add a couple of new psk2 WiFi networks and neither work. Non password protected networks add fine, but both the protected ones come back with an error (network error, did not receive a reply) and won't let me connect. Both networks work fine with other devices (phone and tablet) using the same credentials.

Connection to a previously stored password protected network (from 7.0.2) worked fine, this is new since the beta upgrade.

I'll grab a debug log at the weekend (I'm on a business trip with no way to get it off the Pi and onto PasteBin until I get home) but wanted to see if anyone else could test and see if it's a big or something specific to my setup (or an upgrade glitch perhaps).