Total newbie, needs lots of help

• I'm learning as I go so please bear with me.

I have the following setup:

Raspberry Pi 4

Geekworm x825 Expansion board for SSD (SSD is NOT for boot, just storage)

Geekworm x735 Power management board

SSD drive

I made a LibreELEC installation microSD card, installed LibreELEC no problem. It boots up and launches Kodi. Worth mentioning: I didn't select "enable SSH" at setup, but I have enabled it after the fact.

Problem 1: When I go to storage, it doesn't list my SSD, it's not detected. This drive works, I set it up with my Windows PC. I researched online, but almost everyone with a similar issue is connected via USB instead of an expansion board, so their solutions didn't apply to me. I have no idea where to even begin.

Problem 2: I can't access the terminal. I'm trying to use PuTTY. The IP Address is correct. When I type in "pi" as the default username, I get the message:

"No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey,keyboard-interactive)"

In the past I have never had to mess with keys, I just logged with username: pi, password: raspberry, so this part is totally uncharted territory. I used PuTTYGen to make a key, I went to SSH>Auth to point PuTTY to the key location and it just tells me "Can't use key file." Researching online I've seen that people are generating SSH-2 key files but I only have the option to generate an SSH-1 key file in PuTTYGen. No idea if that matters, just thought it's worth mentioning.

Every solution I've found online just leads me to a new dead end. I feel like I'm missing something here. Can you guys please help walk me through this?

Thank you

• Enabling SSH is a setting in the LibreELEC Settings Add-on. There is no need for SSH-keys just yet, unless you really want to.

Once you are in a SSH session, type:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit

and provide the generated URL for each command. (Make sure there is an Internet connection)

• Enabling SSH is a setting in the LibreELEC Settings Add-on. There is no need for SSH-keys just yet, unless you really want to.

Once you are in a SSH session, type:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit

and provide the generated URL for each command. (Make sure there is an Internet connection)

But I can't get into an SSH session because of the "No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey,keyboard-interactive)" error.

• One drastic way is to reinstall/rewrite LibreELEC onto your SDcard, start from scratch, and enable SSH via the welcome wizard. It only takes 1-2 minutes. Then you should be able to SSH right in, instead of dragging on for 12 hours now with the current situation.

Is there a difference between enabling SSH via the welcome wizard vs. enabling it after the fact? I'm happy to reinstall, just want to learn.

• One drastic way is to reinstall/rewrite LibreELEC onto your SDcard, start from scratch, and enable SSH via the welcome wizard. It only takes 1-2 minutes. Then you should be able to SSH right in, instead of dragging on for 12 hours now with the current situation.

OK, reinstalling and selecting SSH worked like a charm.

So my SSD is not being detected. Where can I start on that?