[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I have the Mecool M8S Pro (Amlogic S912) and my Denon AVR shows which audio codec is playing, and this box is running the latest LibreELEC 8.2.2.3. So no matter what audio my BlueRay rips have, it is passed through to my AVR.

I also have the "L" box, but have not installed LibreELEC on it.

• I have the Mecool M8S Pro (Amlogic S912) and my Denon AVR shows which audio codec is playing, and this box is running the latest LibreELEC 8.2.2.3. So no matter what audio my BlueRay rips have, it is passed through to my AVR.

You mean that Mecool M8S Pro has no problems with passthrough? In general everything is working fine with it? It costs nothing and except for lack of 1Gbit connection it has everything

Be good to see your result from L box!

• Hi everyone,

I got a S912 H96 Pro (not plus version) with 2GB and kodi is not fetching any new skin and cannot install any addon, Lan works well because i can see my NAS and play all movies since 4k and 1080p with no issues but not able to restore my backup since i can´t install any zip. i have tried all dbt.img available with no luck, the 7xx version with Kodi 17.3 works well but these last 8.2.2.2 and 8.2.2.3 don´t, any help please??

• I have the same box, same version of Libreelec. Quite often, the internet doesn't seem to be connected, although I seem connected because the TVheadend client is working. & I think even movies play from my nas.

I am using wifi.

Check under system info, network. the subnet mask & gateway show as busy. when not fully connected

I sometimes have to reboot 3 or 4 times,

• Tried the new Kodi 18 Leia and still the same, it doesn´t fetch the movie info on TMDB too but i got all network connected with no issues i think, got Gigabit connection and wireless 5G and booth seems working well but cannot install any zip from NAS, doesn´t fetch movie info, cannot change skin because i need to download it... 4k plays very smooth, Dts-HD Master and Dolby TrueHD plays fine too...

• I know, I've actually tested ATV 4K but I've had some handshake issues (signal drops, not detecting 4K display from time to time) with it and people reported CEC issues + I don't like it for other Apple related reasons.

Handshake issues are usually because users cannot be bothered buying 18Gbps Premium Certified HDMI cables to reliably transport high bitrate 4K HDR Data OR AVR / TV firmware is buggy or not configured properly.

CEC - well blame TV manufacturers for right royally making that unreliable with their own individual "tweaks"

As for LE Kodi audio passthrough, as I said get a decent HDMI cable first. Then reset Kodi Audio settings to default, and then ONLY select the audio Passthrough options needed. Do NOT mess with the audio channels number.

• wrxtasy

Most users want to save money - using cheap HDMI cable shipped with the 25€ box - try 4k HDR with high bitrate - then whining ....

Yes, I own some of this cheap boxes, but never use the cheap cable shiped with.

A working HDMI cable costs round 15€ - no need to buy the high end premium cable >100€

• Handshake issues are usually because users cannot be bothered buying 18Gbps Premium Certified HDMI cables to reliably transport high bitrate 4K HDR Data OR AVR / TV firmware is buggy or not configured properly.

CEC - well blame TV manufacturers for right royally making that unreliable with their own individual "tweaks"

As for LE Kodi audio passthrough, as I said get a decent HDMI cable first. Then reset Kodi Audio settings to default, and then ONLY select the audio Passthrough options needed. Do NOT mess with the audio channels number.

Please read Apple forums, people were replacing cables 10 times including those recommended in Apple stores like Belkin etc. I don't have $1 cables as well + if they work with other boxes, then who to blame if not the Apple box itself? I'm connecting ATV directly to pretty new Samsung TV and it's working perfectly fine (CEC included) with other boxes. Probably ATV is more picky but I prefer to pay less for U9 in that case.

As for LE Kodi, I can just repeat myself. Same setup, same cables work for other boxes just not that one H96 Pro+. Passthrough is working for ATV, Wetek Core, Chromebox, just not H96+. You've said yourself at Kodi forums that this might be caused by incorrect HW implementation

• wrxtasy

Most users want to save money - using cheap HDMI cable shipped with the 25€ box - try 4k HDR with high bitrate - then whining ....

Yes, I own some of this cheap boxes, but never use the cheap cable shiped with.

A working HDMI cable costs round 15€ - no need to buy the high end premium cable >100€

I've never used those supplied HDMI cables my friend. I'm pretty technical type of a guy and use Kodi since XBMC times and Xbox(1) :)
    Again, same cable worked with other boxes.

• I've never used those supplied HDMI cables my friend.

Generally - not personally You - a lot of users using cheap cables - many of them don´t know about the bad quality.

I tested ATV box from a friend - working perfect with my 15€ HDMI cable from amazon store connected @AVR

And I use XBMC/KODI many years too - boxee, raspberry pi 1, 2 and 3 - hifiberry etc.

• Generally - not personally You - a lot of users using cheap cables - many of them don´t know about the bad quality.

I tested ATV box from a friend - working perfect with my 15€ HDMI cable from amazon store connected @AVR

And I use XBMC/KODI many years too - boxee, raspberry pi 1, 2 and 3 - hifiberry etc.

I ordered some of these:- AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable - 1.8m / 6 Feet (2-Pack) (Latest Standard) Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return.

Are these good enough??