[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I guess I'll give U9 a try as those less known brand products seem to be hit-and-miss.

trying to avoid buying another. Only bought this one because I had read that resolution/frame rate switching and Passthrough works on this box!

• Only bought this one because I had read that resolution/frame rate switching and Passthrough works on this box!

There is so much different hardware with same label :(

Cheap nand/emmc chips - unsupported wlan chips - fake ram - it´s a mess.

A lot of amlogic boxes are only a piece of crap :thumbdown:

• U9 is expensive.

Whats about a S905X box ?

My daily boxes are S905X, Amazon Fire and soon Apple TV 4k. I bought my S912 just for playing around

I know, I've actually tested ATV 4K but I've had some handshake issues (signal drops, not detecting 4K display from time to time) with it and people reported CEC issues + I don't like it for other Apple related reasons.
    I'm trying to avoid S905X because of lack of 1Gbit connection. I might wait for S905D based Meecool KI to be in stock locally again.

• Limited by USB 2.0 ;) Have you tested effective speed?

Yes - tested using iperf -> 250-300 MBits/sec

Practice - jellfish 140 MBit file is playing smooth - 4k hdr videos playing smooth

• How did you check? trying to work out why It doesn't work for me and embrion.

If i play a video with DTS audio -> display of my AVR shows DTS

If i play a video with dolby digital audio -> display of my AVR shows Dolby Digital

If i play a video with atmos audio -> display of my AVR shows Atmos

If i play a DTS audio file -> display of my AVR shows DTS

• If i play a video with DTS audio -> display of my AVR shows DTS

If i play a video with dolby digital audio -> display of my AVR shows Dolby Digital

If i play a video with atmos audio -> display of my AVR shows Atmos

If i play a DTS audio file -> display of my AVR shows DTS

👍👍👍👍

Now, what box have you got?

• How important is the usb/micro SD quality? I've been using like a 5 year old or more 8gb SanDisk Cruz usb and everything seems to be working fine. However I had a gift card so I bought a 32gb SanDisk ultra microSD HC with speeds up to 98MB/s. Just wondering if I even actually need it, what it would improve?

Any insight into what I asked a couple pages back?

• going back to being helpful again. Thankyou.

Probably my fault for having a 'badly configured' phone.

Edit...

True, had to press menu, tick 'request desktop site'.

Then scroll to your sig and find that you've got a Vorke Z6.

Thanks again.

Edited once, last by sparky2002 ().

• Any insight into what I asked a couple pages back?

It depends on the box, some cardreaders are slow

I only use samsung/sandisk pro cards - benefit is a smooth gui and I never noticed buffering issues.

I checked against install on NAND - I my case no difference.

Some people reported installing on NAND is the only way to get a good performance - I don´t believe.

But .... what do You expect using Your new and fast SD ?

Why didn´t You just try it ?

• It was an impulse buy, if there's no benefit I would return it. I'd be using it in a T95R Pro 2gb with gigabit ethernet.. Perhaps it would make scrolling through movies snappier.