[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Hi

My box starts again when I want to turn it off, i have H96 pro+ and 8.1.8 installed. Previously, the same thing happened on the version 8.1.6. Version 8.1.1 works good.

• 8.1.8 uploaded with BlueBorne vulnerability fix.

Great work as usual kszaq.. Updated both my Amlogic devices, s905x Vim Pro and an s912 WeChip v7, to 8.1.8. Both are working great but something has happened to both devices when it comes to Samba. Currently I'm unable to browse 'Windows network (SMB)' when adding a new source via File Manager. It comes up blank (usually would show the 2 work groups I have set up here at home). I have fiddled with the new samba protocol setup via the Libreelec System settings to see if that would make a difference, but no joy. Also noticed that only some of my devices would show up when using the Zeroconf browser. Again previously every machine showed up. Both s9xx devices happily show up in the workgroup and are browsable via samba on my desktop machines (a mix on Linux and Windows desktops here).

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

• Windows network browsing in Kodi stops working when the Kodi SMB client is set to SMB2 or higher as this is an SMB1 protocol function. We now default to SMB2 hence something changed. Zeroconf browsing only works for devices that advertise their shares over Zeroconf .. which is normally fine for NAS devices with Samba that use Zeroconf and will not work for Windows because Windows does not use Zeroconf. My honest advice .. get familiar with SSH, nano and the contents of /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml and just add sources manually.

• Hello,

I want buy second TV box (I already have S905 Beelink MiniMX 1/8GB which works great!) but I require 1GB Ethernet.

Because S905 boxes are discontinued and S905x don't support 1GB Ethernet I am looking for new S912.

Questions:

Is actual release of LibreELEC for S912 good for everyday use (watching 4K movies with SPDIF 5.1 audio output to A/V receiver)?

What S912 TV box do you recommend? H96 Pro+ looks good (3GB DDR4 version is now for 50Eur on sale...) or Beelink GT1 Ultimate 3GB DDR4?

• Sorry for asking again but does anyone have any info on the issue of system going to read only mode after booting hence unable to write any changes to files. Seems to only affect few users including myself.

I know it's difficult to determine without logs but I can't get debug logs as Kodi log is stuck in read only mode so nothing gets written to log.

8.1.6 worked fine only since upgrading to 8.1.7 problems arose.

I'm using the 2gb ram 1gb Ethernet device tree on h96 pro box.

Thanks for any info as I love libreelec and don't want to have to buy another box.

Cheers

• First the improvements are gettin better and better thx for that !!! but If i want to get a Film/TV Show new in my Library, only the "Scan for new content" works. The point "Add to Library" doenst work anymore. Can someone confirm since 8.1.6?!

• Assuming you installed to sd or usb, then just create a new image with an older version.

I use coreftp lite to copy files too, perhaps that will work for you.

• Assuming you installed to sd or usb, then just create a new image with an older version.

I use coreftp lite to copy files too, perhaps that will work for you.

Well I would stick with 8.1.6 but would like the screen tearing fix which was included in 8.1.7.

Wonder if possible to make custom 8.1.6 with only the screen tearing fix included.

• Well I would stick with 8.1.6 but would like the screen tearing fix which was included in 8.1.7.

Wonder if possible to make custom 8.1.6 with only the screen tearing fix included.

Are you sure that 8.1.7 introduced this bug for you? Have you tried to go back to 8.1.6 already?

I have this since the beginning with all versions.

• If you look at the changelog you'll se that there are no changes in 8.1.7 that could introduce read-only data partition. I upgraded my S912 box lots of times and never had it. I guess this might be partition corruption. Even if user data partition is read only, you should be able to connect over SSH and execute dmesg | paste to get logs.

• If you look at the changelog you'll se that there are no changes in 8.1.7 that could introduce read-only data partition. I upgraded my S912 box lots of times and never had it. I guess this might be partition corruption. Even if user data partition is read only, you should be able to connect over SSH and execute dmesg | paste to get logs.

I can ssh to my box and execute commands.

What can I do to make user data partition writable?

• Are you sure that 8.1.7 introduced this bug for you? Have you tried to go back to 8.1.6 already?

I have this since the beginning with all versions.

Yeah 8.1.6 works fine can transfer files. Changes get saved no issues.

In 8.1.7 tried the libreelec log uploader gave me a sprunge.us link but it as always blank.

Ill see if can try get logs from ssh in 8.1.7.

I thought it was a corrupt sd card at first but tried 2 others sd cards with same results.

Thanks for your patience