Posts by KEgg

Long time no post.. Just to say thanks for the awesome work so far on getting Libreelec on the likes of the s905x2.

Have done a quick install to test on a 'Bqeel Y5' .. Everythings working except for it's IR remote, and to be honest the wifi is soooo slow, but I'm a wired man anyway.

Any suggestions on how i could get the IR remote running on this?

I've also got the Odroid N2, as I'm helping out with a certain Retro Gaming distro for it, and will have a play about with LibreElec on that too.

cheers guys.🖖

If you only want Retroarch, you can use the source directly from....

I actually got that side of things well a truly sorted yesterday... also I discovered I could easily build a non-laka Retroarch executable simply by going into the build folder for your chosen architectures Retroarch, give it a clean and build it again. Full Retroarch without any of Lakkas custom bits, and full Retroarch Update system for the like of assets, cheats, overlays, etc are back in the menu. The first thing I tried before going down the Lakka route was your suggestion. Cheers

Hi there,

I'm currently doing a little bit of self education, and was wondering if you came across any guides on how to build Retroarch and cores for amlogic s905/x. Found plenty on compiling from scratch for Pi with very little effort. I've written my own addon for Kodi that launches roms directly, with a nice simple interface to do so, but with some nice features including the likes of MAME rom name scraping and more. At the moment, for amlogic, it relies on the Lakka cores and executable. I'm wanting to update Retroarch to 1.7.1(Pi version updated), but it looks like Lakka development has gone silent for the moment.

like yourself any pointers would be a great help :)

@estimadarocha Yep.. I know... It does not make any sense as to why it would work, but it does.. I tried it just as a laugh after the dtb I created from the M8S Pro W gave no joy, but it's working 100% here wifi and all.

Not sure if will work for all s905w boxes as I noticed one other, over on the s905/x thread, mention that wifi was not working on the brand of box he had.

** the thread was actually the for Tanix TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905W

Have LibreElec working perfectly here on the M8S pro W... Still left scratching my head slightly as I found myself having to use an s905x dtb for it to work, even though I created a dtb.img specific to the box.

KEgg I have looked at your device tree and everything regarding Ethernet is the same - actually there are very few differences in whole device tree file. You can try deleting dtb.img from your SD card to use device tree from internal memory but I suspend this won't solve your issue.

Came to the same conclusion.. But not a complete waste of time.. Learnt a few new things on this fishing trip ;)

Thanks for all your help, and keep up the great work you do for all

I will look at your file later. It's hard to write any tutorial on a mobile phone, so I can only give you a stick and some line, you have to figure our making a rod and fishing on your own. ;) Look for these key works: dtc (tool), dtbSplit (tool), dtb (device tree blob), dts (device tree source).

Success this end.. Have been able to pull the dtb out of the dd image using dtc. Have decompiled it to check it against the two posted by your good self. Looks like it should of done the trick, but still no change when it comes to Ethernet.

Thanks for all your help kszaq

I meant the specific post and this command: dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

had done so.. the resulting dtb.img came out at 225kb.. quite a size difference in comparison to the ones supplied by you. Also unable to decrypt the file. No problem doing so with yours and many other examples across the forum. Making me think this dtb is not quite right. Is there something I'm missing after dd ?

many thanks

Please check if connection works in Android. If it does, you can backup device tree from internal memory by following this post: [S905] Device trees

All works perfectly in Android.. Thanks for the link, but sadly I don't think this will work as WeChip have not supplied an OTA zip.. well not as yet, and the firmware they have on the support side of the their site come as .img. Just not able to unpack the image even though I've tried various ways here to do so.

kszaq

I was wondering if I could get some advice about creating a dtb.img specific to my WeChip v7? Everything works great except the 1g Ethernet not wanting to connect via dhcp or even manually. Thought I check to see if the device tree could solve this.

I got hold of a backup of the firmware from the website but unable to unpack their .img file for a deeper look. Tried various things to find out what kind of format the .img is, from seeing if its just a tar'd up file to trying to mount it as an ext4 file system, even a squashfs with no luck. Also tried various things from unpacking a TWRP recovery to get the backed up boot, to using adb and to dd out separate partitions to see if they could reveal the necessary files for creating one.

link to Wechip V7 official firmware stored on OneDrive

any suggestions, help and direction would be great.