[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Drats! How I missed it! Indeed, it's between 6255 and CPU! Thank you alot :) Now it'll go much better!

Update: the TX and RX names must be the other way around (e.g. TX is CPU's RX and RX is CPU's TX); other than that, works fine! :)
    It must be some Chinese tradition to exchange RX and TX markings; I've encountered it in other chinese boards as well...

After booting it drops directly into root shell on the serial console :)

Edited once, last by zap (March 29, 2017 at 12:11 PM).

• kszaq Just wanted to say thanks again for working on S912. I just installed 8.0.1b experimental and I had no trouble playing a 1080p x265 clip with a DTS-HD MA passthrough to my receiver. For me that was my one of my goals, HEVC with HD audio passthrough. I hope you got my small coffee tip ;)

One last piece of the puzzle is the DVB drivers. I installed tvheadend 4.2 but no adapters were detected. My S912 box is a KIII Pro with an Availink AVL6862TA S2/T2 combo (same as K1 Plus). I know there is a K1 Plus ELEC build by Alex with the firmware out there but I dont know which is the correct firmware to add to this build to make it work. Any tips appreciated. Thanks

Edited once, last by brimur (March 29, 2017 at 4:44 PM).

• One last piece of the puzzle is the DVB drivers. I installed tvheadend 4.2 but no adapters were detected. My S912 box is a KIII Pro with an Availink AVL6862TA S2/T2 combo (same as K1 Plus). I know there is a K1 Plus ELEC build by Alex with the firmware out there but I dont know which is the correct firmware to add to this build to make it work. Any tips appreciated. Thanks

Check the other thread for your box.

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 29, 2017 at 5:42 PM).

• Hi,
    how often does Kodi crash ?
    I am wondering if it is interesting to change from S905X to S912 to have a little bit more juice for docker...

Hi,
    I currently testing Libreelec 8.0.1b on my Beelink GT1 2/16GB.
    I do not have any problems at the moment but I only watch movies at 1920x1080 resolution.
    My Box is connected to the Denon AVR X-1000 and has passthrough enabled. Everything works very well.
    I'm impressed by kszaq's work.

Edited once, last by meriox (March 31, 2017 at 9:52 AM).

• Hi,
    I currently testing Libreelec 8.0.1b on my Beelink GT1 2/16GB.
    I do not have any problems at the moment but I only watch movies at 1920x1080 resolution.
    My Box is connected to the Denon AVR X-1000 and has passthrough enabled. Everything works very well.
    I'm impressed by kszaq's work.

Hi.

Can you please tell me what firmware you used and how you did it?
    I have a Box similiar to yours. Currently running with Android 6.0.1. and Kodi 17.1RC. --- no dts-passthrough working.
    Can you confirm that DTS/DTS-HD Passthrough is working?

• When creating the library, I tentatively tried to play the Titanic and my receiver wrote "DTS ES Discrete". It plays as 7.1. Fantastic sound !!!
    LibreElec forever.
    No one crash cca 5 days.

• Anyone resolved the fact that we need to switch HDMI video source on the TV again, when running the box just after Kodi writes "17.1", and just after playing any movie.

• Anyone resolved the fact that we need to switch HDMI video source on the TV again, when running the box just after Kodi writes "17.1", and just after playing any movie.

FYI I have not seen this issue
    [hr]

It's working since the first release.

Yep working perfectly for me also

Edited once, last by brimur (March 31, 2017 at 4:42 PM).

• omg thats great !!! :)
    Which firmware-file did you exactly use?
    Put it on a SD-card, start the Box into setup-mode, install from SD-Card, enjoy?
    [hr]
    I can confirm proper working on a S912-device.
    In Android-settings it is called QII (q2). It has a Gigabit-Connection, WiFi, S912-CPU, 2/16GB RAM.

I used the 8.0.1b experimental on a 8GB SD-Card.

Find attached pictures, it shows the Audio-Passthrough on my TV and my Denon AVR1912.

Thanky you for your support !!!!! :heart:

• Hi.

Can you please tell me what firmware you used and how you did it?
    I have a Box similiar to yours. Currently running with Android 6.0.1. and Kodi 17.1RC. --- no dts-passthrough working.
    Can you confirm that DTS/DTS-HD Passthrough is working?

I'm using superceleron's scv9a-atv android firmware and ftmc. Ftmc sometimes has a problem with passthrough so I'm testing libreelec on microSD card. I'm using libreelec version 8.0.1b and everything works fine.

Edited once, last by meriox (April 1, 2017 at 3:14 PM).

• That's awesome DTS-HD MA passthrough is working for you! I've tried absolutely every setting and combination of settings and just can not get it to passthrough to my avr :( BD passthrough is flawless so my hdmi and avr are fine. could you possibly post a screenshot of your audio settings or walk me through any special tips? Regular dts, the passthrough works fine, just not with hd audio.. However, using PCM sound IS playing on my surround speakers, something spmc or any other media center isn't able to do, it's always just pcm stereo. So if I'm hearing surround sound in pcm, and the movie is showing dts-hd ma audio, I should be good to go, ya? Or is it a trick? :)

• That's awesome DTS-HD MA passthrough is working for you! I've tried absolutely every setting and combination of settings and just can not get it to passthrough to my avr :( BD passthrough is flawless so my hdmi and avr are fine. could you possibly post a screenshot of your audio settings or walk me through any special tips? Regular dts, the passthrough works fine, just not with hd audio.. However, using PCM sound IS playing on my surround speakers, something spmc or any other media center isn't able to do, it's always just pcm stereo. So if I'm hearing surround sound in pcm, and the movie is showing dts-hd ma audio, I should be good to go, ya? Or is it a trick? :)

Why don't you write your settings?
    The most important:

More on google

Edited once, last by Pelican (April 2, 2017 at 8:15 AM).