Posts by heyyo

Anyone resolved the fact that we need to switch HDMI video source on the TV again, when running the box just after Kodi writes "17.1", and just after playing any movie.

I finally found a solution to this really annoying bug !
    it's related to the technology Anynet+ on HDMI, any time kody was displaying the version during th boot, or when playing a video, or when kodi was entering in sleep mode, or after a long pause on a video, the anynet+ was seeing it and was switching my TV source, apparentlty this Anynet+ recognizes my Kodi, I could see it listed in my TV menu settings under Anynet+ search devices.
    Disabling it, worked for me.

Youhou !

I sucessfully updated to alpha4 by using the method via ssh. It's really awesome to have access to a shell on the box :)

Kodi seems more stable than alpha3.

I was able to add samba share, but scrapping movie and tv show informations at the same, made kodi buggy, and was displaying an empty library.
    Few reboots of the box, and few "update library" fixed the library.

I was able to play some movies properly. fast forward is working great too.

No problem to add opensubtitltes addon.

The remaining annoying issue(except som kodi freeze/crash under high load), is the resolution switch not recognised by the TV, which forces me to switch HDMI source again when booting the box, and when playing movie too.

In system/settings resolution, I could see two resolutions 1920x1080p ?
    Which one are we suppose to use ?

I'm a new user of LibreElec, I found this project after looking for an alternative firmware on my new box X-Player.
    Kodi 17 worked pretty well on my Android Marshmallow but sometimes Kodi was stopping video without any reason.

I just tried the alpha 3 version with the gigabit 2GB .dtb file.

So far I could say Wifi AP6330 / Ethernet / Bluetooth / Remote / Remote with keyboard / accessing share samba work nicely.

- Like previously reported in the first post and by other users, I have random freeze and crash of kodi, by playing video or browsing the interface or even doing nothing.

- When starting the box, I could see the libreelec logo, but when Kodi just starts, My TV is loosing the resolution. I have to switch to source again.
    Same bug when playing video.

- The CPU temperature is 131 degres fahrenheit. Is it normal temperature in idle ?
    - Memory used just after start 171MB