[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I'm having OSX 10.12.6. Having trouble with Samba. When I transfer small files to the kodi box it usually works. Big files always stop. I'm getting a error that says that the host cannot be reached. It works great for a minute or two, but then it stops. Looks random, but it happens every time. My Wi-Fi is rock solid. Also tried with a cable.

Any fix for this?

• I meant the specific post and this command: dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

had done so.. the resulting dtb.img came out at 225kb.. quite a size difference in comparison to the ones supplied by you. Also unable to decrypt the file. No problem doing so with yours and many other examples across the forum. Making me think this dtb is not quite right. Is there something I'm missing after dd ?

many thanks

• KEgg dd copies whole partition, including zero padding. Size difference is inevitable. You're free to interpret the file but it would be much easier for me to help you if you attached it to your post.

• kszaq Love to know what the next steps are.. Best to teach a man to fish than to do the fishing for him.

I will look at your file later. It's hard to write any tutorial on a mobile phone, so I can only give you a stick and some line, you have to figure our making a rod and fishing on your own. ;) Look for these key works: dtc (tool), dtbSplit (tool), dtb (device tree blob), dts (device tree source).

• I will look at your file later. It's hard to write any tutorial on a mobile phone, so I can only give you a stick and some line, you have to figure our making a rod and fishing on your own. ;) Look for these key works: dtc (tool), dtbSplit (tool), dtb (device tree blob), dts (device tree source).

Success this end.. Have been able to pull the dtb out of the dd image using dtc. Have decompiled it to check it against the two posted by your good self. Looks like it should of done the trick, but still no change when it comes to Ethernet.

Thanks for all your help kszaq

• KEgg I have looked at your device tree and everything regarding Ethernet is the same - actually there are very few differences in whole device tree file. You can try deleting dtb.img from your SD card to use device tree from internal memory but I suspend this won't solve your issue.

• KEgg I have looked at your device tree and everything regarding Ethernet is the same - actually there are very few differences in whole device tree file. You can try deleting dtb.img from your SD card to use device tree from internal memory but I suspend this won't solve your issue.

Came to the same conclusion.. But not a complete waste of time.. Learnt a few new things on this fishing trip ;)

Thanks for all your help, and keep up the great work you do for all

• Hi all, i've an "Alfawise H96 pro +" a 3Gb DDR4 device, i'm using Libreelec for S912 from first release.

When the the use of a new DTB was mandatory, i've downloaded the new DTB from devices tree (gigabit Lan and 3GB ram), but i've lost all images until libreelec starts.

Also during an update, i've about 10 minutes of black screen (no more messages of updating kernel and so on).

Once boot finish, all is ok.

So is a problem of my DTB? I've also extracted a DTB from android 7.1 images for this box, but the problem is the same.

On another box (a Beelink GT1) i've no problem, i see the boot messages or libreelec logo.

Anyone has some idea or suggestions?

this is my current dtb

• Hi gulp

I noticed the missing s912 and librelec boot logo while using my Panasonic plasma screen. It would show blank until the Kodi splash screen.

Using the same setup on my Toshiba LCD and the boot logos showed fine.

So if you could try on a different TV seems to be TV settings issue.

• I have a H96 pro+ if you give me the dtb your using i will test it on mine

• Ran this from an SD card on my MXIII-G II and it's excellent across the board.

WiFi and Ethernet work very well.

No Bluetooth but no big loss.

Lower temps than when running Android too.

Big thumbs up from me :)