S905 builds - general discussion

resolution switching might result in garbled screen: use 1920x1080 for Kodi GUI to prevent most of switching bugs

How can I set the resolution to 1920x1080? When I try this, the screen goes garbled/hangs so I an unable to confirm the setting and have it save.. when I reboot its back in 720p mode.

• I've read what to do if I get "Error in mount_flash: mount_part: Unknown filesystem". All I have on SD is aml_autoscript and when I use toothpick method it boots into recovery and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

• I've read what to do if I get "Error in mount_flash: mount_part: Unknown filesystem". All I have on SD is aml_autoscript and when I use toothpick method nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Same thing happened to me, did the install. Got the same error, did the whole aml_autoscript. With toothpick and like you nothing happened. Had to revert back to ANDROID, let it boot up. Then did the LibreELEC installation again. Success 2nd. Time around...

SentFromMyLinuxMintPhone

• I came straight from Android. Will reflash and try again, thanks.

I just tried again straight from Android using update&backup without factory_update_param.aml this time and it still goes to Error in mount_flash.

I have 1GB Mini MX v1.

• Can someone please check if Moonlight is included in this release (like it is for the Odroid C2 release) and has possibly tested to stream games with it? I'd like to know if the generic S905s are able to do a smooth game streaming without any noticeable latency.

• I came straight from Android. Will reflash and try again, thanks.

I just tried again straight from Android using update&backup without factory_update_param.aml this time and it still goes to Error in mount_flash.

I have 1GB Mini MX v1.

Reflash toothpick method.. not through back up update.. I reverted back to Android then I reflashed again with all Scripts through the toothpick method. When I did that it finally took...

SentFromMyLinuxMintPhone

• Just a question: is it possible to use a different remote by changing the remote.conf? I bought the recommended device (wetek.hub), which is quite impressive, but I am totally disappointed about the remote...
    btw: to avoid stutter on high-bitrate files, I had to create an advancedsettings.xml with more buffersize: Now libreelec works in many cases already very very impressive (passthroug for dts-ma, true-hd - never worked on my S805 devices).
    big tnx!

• Just a question: is it possible to use a different remote by changing the remote.conf? I bought the recommended device (wetek.hub), which is quite impressive, but I am totally disappointed about the remote...
    btw: to avoid stutter on high-bitrate files, I had to create an advancedsettings.xml with more buffersize: Now libreelec works in many cases already very very impressive (passthroug for dts-ma, true-hd - never worked on my S805 devices).
    big tnx!

Yes. It's possible. You must change the remote.conf.

If you are using Android, you must put the new remote.conf in the system/etc folder

Id you are using Openelec or LibreELEC you must put it on the storage/.config folder

I'm not sure now but I think in android you must be root and change permissions to write in system/etc

• Just a question: is it possible to use a different remote by changing the remote.conf?

Yep - everything Gato Felix wrote.
    Just one thing to add - the 'power on' will be hard-coded to your original remote - not a problem if you're using a Harmony or other programmable remote, but a pain if you just want to swap to another 'normal' remote.

Edited once, last by trogggy (July 23, 2016 at 11:00 PM).

• Restart with toothpick maybe solve your probkem

• Restart with toothpick maybe solve your probkem

The LG tv you have has resolution 1366 x 768p ?? Can it play 1920 x 180p ? It should.
    It may be your TV is sending back a resolution not properly recognised.
    Go into Android resolution settings and TURN OFF AUTO.
    Set it to 180p 50 or 60 HZ .

• Ok,guys i have stupid question. I see on system info in kodi that i have more than 14 gb free,but dont know the pat how to use it. I need it for addon for kodi that want space (torent based)..i search on paths (check hidden files in setiings) but still couldnot find it

• Reflash toothpick method.. not through back up update.. I reverted back to Android then I reflashed again with all Scripts through the toothpick method. When I did that it finally took...

SentFromMyLinuxMintPhone

Worked via the toothpick method, thanks man!

*edit*

Any resolution other than 720p on my Philips 4K TV I get corrupted output like the picture above.

• Okay, I have a Philips FullHD TV...
    1080p should be no problem at all.
    Automaticly libre starts with 720p resulution, if I try to change it to 1080p graphical glitches apperar. Similar to the ones deezel posted.

Now I tested a movie. FullHD and it looks the same as I would switch to 108ßp resolution.

Another thing..
    On this build and on the on by wrxtasy I have a grapical glitch on the right side of the picture. There are a few pixels of the left side, that are missing on the left side itself. (picture moved a few pixels to the left, the cutted part is shown on the right)
    Edit: Have to check if this occours on android too...

This is on android too, no libreelec problem (Still any ideas?)
    There was a setting on my TV that fixed it. (Overscan?)

If any logs are nessesary, please tell me.

Edited once, last by Stimmenhotel (July 24, 2016 at 9:17 PM).

• Hello,

Thanks kszaq for your great job.
    That's the first time I am able to see "DTS-HD" on my AVR
    I need to test more on SD before flashing NAND, but it seems to be realy good.
    My box : Mini S8 Pro (S905 / 2G / 8G).

Does someone use the mode to split stereo signal on 5.1 channels from Kodi directly ?
    When I tick this option, I no more have sound on AVR. Only 5.1 from movies is decoded.