S905 builds - general discussion

• Phenomenal skin has custom item and it's work, but you should change the code to what I wrote.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Are you telling me to install Phenomenal Skin and follow your instructions and this will fix my AppTV Skin. With Rebboot From Nand ?

• Are you telling me to install Phenomenal Skin and follow your instructions and this will fix my AppTV Skin. With Rebboot From Nand ?

No. I'm saying that if you uses phenomenal skin then it would work in it. I have no idea what's going on with Apptv skin.

Edited once, last by quitroot (July 17, 2016 at 4:49 PM).

• No. I'm saying that if you uses phenomenal skin then it would work in it. I have no idea what's going on with Apptv skin.

I installed the APPTV skin and it is not very customizable. I don't see a way to add a submenu option. I'm guessing directly copying the Confluence xml to Xonfluence works so well because both skins are very similar.

It's a lot easier using skins where you can add your own menu and submenu items (Mimic, Aeon Nox, Refocus, Metropolis, Eminence 2.0 are ones I have done). This way also means that if you upgrade the skin to a later version, you will keep the new 'reboot to nand' option intact, as you are not modifying the .xml directly, but via the skin settings.

My original post did have a typo - as quitroot said, it is System.Exec and NOT Exec.System as I had put .

If I were to try it in APPTV I would add the following text to DialogButtonMenu.xml after "togglebutton" id="10" (i.e. put the new code in after line 157), as you have to use a number that has not previously been used - so I used 11 as it is not used in the xml as far as I can tell. Something like below might work (not tested as yet). Set the 'Quit button action' in 'Home Menu' to 'Power Menu'. Remember, if you upgrade the skin, you'll probably lose these changes - so you may want to turn 'auto update' off for APPTV skin, or you'll have to re-apply the changes each time the skin is upgraded.

Reboot once you have changed the xml.

<control type="button" id="11"><!-- Reboot to NAND -->
    <width>360</width>
    <height>50</height>
    <align>center</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <textwidth>330</textwidth>
    <font>font11</font>
    <onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
    <visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
    <label>Reboot to NAND</label>
    </control>

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (July 17, 2016 at 7:31 PM).

• Can this run from a USB? I am not even sure how to run LE from a SD.

You cannot run my builds from USB. First post explains how to run from SD card.

hi, it is s905, not s905x.... and the spec is 1g ram, 8g rom.....so we have to put the correct remote.conf in the package, right?
    many thanks
    (the first photo is ok and is it normal? sorry for the questions.)
    tks

My builds don't contain remote.conf, it is copied from Android on first install. If you don't have Android with proper file in internal memory, you have to provide remote.conf by yourself.

Can anyone confirm to me, the built in tuners are supported, or not, or will be supported this build of libreelec?

Build-in tuners are not supported, it's already said in first post. Unless you can provide me a driver (source code, not kernel module from Android) they will not be supported.

• Build-in tuners are not supported, it's already said in first post. Unless you can provide me a driver (source code, not kernel module from Android) they will not be supported.

Hy kszaq,
    Alex already build openelec 6.95.3 for this device with working dvb. Maybe you can ask him.
    Here's link to discussion from build this device:
    index.php?topic=24.90

And maybe there's what you ask:
    aml_tvin-2016-05-04-8c65191d45.tar.gz

Edited once, last by envagyok (July 17, 2016 at 9:08 PM).

• I have some issues with the latest build (7.02.003) on my MiniMxIII (SD card install)
    - the "mouse button" (original remote control) does not work.
    - I cannot acces the internal memory
    - most important for me, I cannot setup LibreElec for SD video output (800x600, for an old video projector).
    It could help one sample of xorg.conf file, like ones from Configuring a Custom xorg.conf - OpenELEC
    Also, I have noticed missing xrandr command from this build, is there any addon containing it?

Thanks for the support.

• First of all, thanks for the builds!! I have tried SD LE on Mini MX 1/8 and 2/16. The 1G/8GB works great but the 2G/16GB locks up after putting in a web address in the file FILE MANAGER. I've tried 002 and 003 and both do the same thing. Any ideas?

• - the "mouse button" (original remote control) does not work.

As far as I remember, there os no support for the "mouse" button in remote.conf from Android firmware. You can try using this configuration file: remote.conf

- I cannot acces the internal memory

You have to mount internal storage manually, e.g. add these lines to autostart.sh:

Code
    mkdir -p /media/internal
    mount /dev/data /media/internal

- most important for me, I cannot setup LibreElec for SD video output (800x600, for an old video projector)

There is no support for 800x600 in video driver at the moment. Amlogic doesn't use X, it uses EGL and there is no xorg nor xrandr.

• First of all, thanks for the builds!! I have tried SD LE on Mini MX 1/8 and 2/16. The 1G/8GB works great but the 2G/16GB locks up after putting in a web address in the file FILE MANAGER. I've tried 002 and 003 and both do the same thing. Any ideas?

Just to help any others, it seems updating to 107L from 106L solved the freezing problem on the 2g/16GB model

• Permanently install it on My K1 Plus, 1gb. Ram device. After test driving the SD bootable Version. I went on and compiled a build on my LinuxMint Machine.

Remote Works, Playbacks great, Ram hasn't been a issue as yet. Turning on off, rebooting works great.

SentFromMyLinuxMintPhone

Edited once, last by Nemsis72 (July 18, 2016 at 1:28 AM).

• the swap partition working good but new problems began.
    Each type at shutdown menu: shutdown, Restart, boot to Android, cause the device to stuck.

perhaps symmetrically try

Code
    swapoff -a

in /storage/.config/shutdown.sh
    [hr]

About TVheahend. The predifined mux for my area had a few mistakes. It works now without errors.
    I should say: other clients can watch/listen TV/Radio but the LE frontend pvr.hts itself cannot watch/listen the LE tvheadend backend on same machine. But ... such was the case for me for all Kodi tvheadend/pvr.hts pairs on same machine. It's certainly not LE specific.

i moved machine to other room and now LE can receive its own dvb-t tvheadend backend with pvr.hts frontend.
    So all I can think of is that dvb-t signal quality may have mattered. Good news is: it works!
    (I have bluetooth working as well now, albeit not the internal one bit an external USB one)

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (July 18, 2016 at 2:44 AM).

• perhaps symmetrically try

Code
    swapoff -a

in /storage/.config/shutdown.sh
    [hr]

i moved machine to other room and now LE can receive its own dvb-t tvheadend backend with pvr.hts frontend.
    So all I can think of is that dvb-t signal quality may have mattered. Good news is: it works!
    (I have bluetooth working as well now, albeit not the internal one bit an external USB one)

Swapoff -a would completely eliminates the swap action?. So what have we accomplished?.
    I want to use the swap partition...

[hr]
    Sorry I saw now that you talking about shutdown.sh, not autostart.sh.

Edited once, last by quitroot (July 18, 2016 at 3:32 AM).

• Ungh... So I finally got this installed only to find out that I lost H.265 support and that was the ONLY reason I bought this device (3 days ago). Does anybody know how I can falsh back to the orriginal software? (Android) So I can get H.265 back? I have NO idea why I mess with things! lol

• Ungh... So I finally got this installed only to find out that I lost H.265 support and that was the ONLY reason I bought this device (3 days ago). Does anybody know how I can falsh back to the orriginal software? (Android) So I can get H.265 back? I have NO idea why I mess with things! lol

Lost H265 needs expanding on because kszaq specifically refers to hevc now working at 4k in the very first post on this forum. I'd suggest you have a read of the section on how to report bugs ( with logs etc). I can play H265 on a box with S805. With the correct tone you will find him to be very supportive.

Can't help you find your Android firmware to reinstall but I have to point out that if you'd installed to SD first and gone down the dual boot route, android would still be there for you. I know it doesn't help but it is the risk free way to follow when you've got android back.