S905 builds - general discussion

• Yes, this is enough. The point is to have original factory firmware on NAND to ensure that you have a working device tree.

Run LE from SD. When you take it out, your box will boot into Android.

I think the issue might be that you had wrong default framebuffer resolution in device tree. For the boxes with issue this was fixed in .003 aml_autoscript but you'd have to re-apply the script. Now that you applied the script for SD installation, NAND version may run OK. I am aware that issues are still there. I hope they can be addressed at least to some degree when I apply updates from latest Amlogic kernel release.

Can this run from a USB? I am not even sure how to run LE from a SD. As of now, I am having trouble with space issues. The box only has 5Gigs and it is already full! So it is running like crap. I would like somehow to use this with a larger USB flash drive, like I did with a Raspberry Pi and USB.

• Hello,

I like the function "reebot to nand" in kszaqs shutdown-menue, but I prefer the use the Xonfluence skin (former Confluence Customizalble Mod). Unfortunately the shutdown-option "reebot to nand" is not avilable with the Xonfluence skin. I could fix this, whwn I deleted the <DialogButtonMenu.xml> in the Xonfluence-Skin and coppied kszaqs <DialogButtonMenu.xml> from </usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence> into in the Xonfluence-Skin </storage/.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence/720p>.

Cheers
    Mark

Would be great if you can build the menu "reboot from nand" to phenomenal skin.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by quitroot (July 17, 2016 at 9:22 AM).

• Thanks Kszaq for Your work, as allways

just installed LE on Mini MX 1G/8G on sd card and everything run smoothly, no problem so far

speaking of problem, I have one interesting situation and dont know how to solve it

I'll try it 3 different android firmware ( 105L1 , 106L1 , 107L1 ) and wifi is not working on neither, in network settings wifi device is set ON, but box doesnt find any available network , on wire is all ok
    that doesnt happen in LE, wifi network is find and wifi is fully functional

what could couse this problem, and how to solve it ?

• What version of SoC does the box have? S905X is not supported yet and that may be the cause. For working remote you need a proper remote.conf.

Thanks Kszaq for Your work, as allways

just installed LE on Mini MX 1G/8G on sd card and everything run smoothly, no problem so far

speaking of problem, I have one interesting situation and dont know how to solve it

I'll try it 3 different android firmware ( 105L1 , 106L1 , 107L1 ) and wifi is not working on neither, in network settings wifi device is set ON, but box doesnt find any available network , on wire is all ok

This would be an issue with Android firmware, I am not familiar with it.

• Thanks Kszaq for Your work, as allways

since they changed the wifi chipset
    you need to use the correct software
    [hr]

What version of SoC does the box have? S905X is not supported yet and that may be the cause. For working remote you need a proper remote.conf.

hi, it is s905, not s905x.... and the spec is 1g ram, 8g rom.....so we have to put the correct remote.conf in the package, right?
    many thanks
    (the first photo is ok and is it normal? sorry for the questions.)
    tks

Edited once, last by acemaxtec (July 17, 2016 at 11:20 AM).

• Would be great if you can build the menu "reboot from nand" to phenomenal skin.

I have done this in several skins (I use about 6) by adding it as a submenu option to my 'Shutdown' main menu item. You could also add it as an extra main item on the home menu also. The key is to use 'custom item' when setting up the submenu option.

Where I already have a shutdown menu, I also have the standard reboot as a submenu option. I add 'Reboot Android' as another submenu option. Just add another item to the submenu panel in Kodi as usual, and then click on the 'Change action' setting in the submenu panel. Then, page down till you see 'Custom item' (or something similar) as an option and select that - I think it's the last option on the list. Then type in the following text:-

System.Exec(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)

So far I can only get this to work where you are allowed to enter custom actions. For example, in Xonfluence, I can't find a way of doing this, so I edited the DialogButtonMenu.xml.

The advantage of adding it as a submenu option is that skin upgrades should not remove that setting. I also found that when I added it to one of my skins - it was automatically added to the other skins (those that have the ability to enter 'custom item' that is).

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (August 16, 2016 at 11:46 AM).

• I have done this in several skins (I use about 6) by adding it as a submenu option to my 'Shutdown' main menu item. You could also add it as an extra main item on the home menu also. The key is to use 'custom item' when setting up the submenu option.

Where I already have a shutdown menu, I also have the standard reboot as a submenu option. I add 'Reboot Android' as another submenu option. Just add another item to the submenu panel in Kodi as usual, and then click on the 'Change action' setting in the submenu panel. Then, page down till you see 'Custom item' (or something similar) as an option and select that - I think it's the last option on the list. Then type in the following text:-

Exec.System(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)

So far I can only get this to work where you are allowed to enter custom actions. For example, in Xonfluence, I can't find a way of doing this, so I edited the DialogButtonMenu.xml.

The advantage of adding it as a submenu option is that skin upgrades should not remove that setting. I also found that when I added it to one of my skins - it was automatically added to the other skins (those that have the ability to enter 'custom item' that is).

Thank you , I will check it out.

• I thinking about buying K1 plus (Ki plus) S905 box with built in dvb-s2 dvb-s2

Can anyone confirm to me, the built in tuners are supported, or not, or will be supported this build of libreelec?

Edited once, last by envagyok (July 17, 2016 at 3:11 PM).

• I thinking about buying K1 plus (Ki plus) S905 box with built in dvb-s2 dvb-s2

Can anyone confirm to me, the built in tuners are supported, or not, or will be supported this build of libreelec?

Please delete links to sellers READ THE RULES

Edited once, last by kszaq (July 17, 2016 at 7:46 PM).

• Please delete links to sellers READ THE RULES

...but anyway...this question sounds intersting. This box is sold under different names, e.g. “VIGICA K1 Plus DVB T2 DVB S2 Android 5.1 S905 Quad Core“.

A LibreELEC S905 box with an integrated DVB-S2/T2 tuner would be a progress, even I know that DVB-T2 with HEVC will work not until Kodi 17.

Cheers
    Mark

Gesendet von meinem H60-L04 mit Tapatalk

Edited once, last by kszaq (July 17, 2016 at 7:46 PM).

• kszaq,

I just tried the Mini MX again, and the remote control power ON works .

I was impatient, if I power off the box and I wait for it to shut down properly (around 10-15 sec) and press Power On on the remote. It starts LE again!

I sent some beer money!

Model MiniMX Version 5.1.1
    Android Build s905_107L 1.
    Kernel version ly@ubuntu#1 Wed Apr 20 11:15:09 CST 2016.
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.003 SD CARD

Edited once, last by anemeth (July 17, 2016 at 5:22 PM).

• In short : it is standard UNIX practice.
    Myself I made a swap partition on external sdcard (it became /dev/mmcblk0p3)
    Usually I take swap space 2x size of RAM.
    Then, specific to ELEC, one would add to /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Code
    # swap
    [ -e /dev/mmcblk0p3 ] && swapon /dev/mmcblk0p3

the swap partition working good but new problems began.
    Each type at shutdown menu: shutdown, Restart, boot to Android, cause the device to stuck.

• I have done this in several skins (I use about 6) by adding it as a submenu option to my 'Shutdown' main menu item. You could also add it as an extra main item on the home menu also. The key is to use 'custom item' when setting up the submenu option.

AppTV (DialogButtonMenu.xml.) weiB4E

Hi ukmark62

I need some help with reboot from nand option. Seems you have done this on 6 skins your thoughts would be appreciated.

I have the AppTV skin and i replaced this skin DialogButtonMenu.xml (see above link) with kszaq confluence DialogButtonMenu.xml

I have all the options in "text only" appear one at a time from top.
    See my previous post. LibreELEC

I am 1 step from getting this to work. I believe editing the AppTV file is needed but not sure how to add Reboot to Nand.
    Cheers.
    [hr]

@ acemaxtec

off course I'm using correct software, but problem is still there

on wire is all OK, and in LE both wifi and wired connection work, so is not a big issue

Hi kamacnik1
    I have no issues with wifi in Android. Check my signature below and see if your box matches Android OS.
    Cheers.

Edited once, last by kostaman (July 17, 2016 at 3:21 PM).

You should change it to System.Exec(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)
    And then it's working like a magic. Thanks.

[hr]
    Only one thing is missing and everything will be perfect. efficiently handling for ram memory.

Edited once, last by quitroot (July 17, 2016 at 3:43 PM).

• You should change it to System.Exec(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)
    And then it's working like a magic. Thanks.

[hr]
    Only one thing is missing and everything will be perfect. efficiently handling for ram memory.

Sorry
    This skin has no custom item options.
    I'm lost you say "change it to System.Exec(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)" Change What?
    I use icons in the skin theme and it has a Quit icon, when pressed all power options appear.