S905 builds - general discussion

• I have already included the patch for the next build, just noticed it at SPMC today morning. Thanks for the heads up.

kszaq i have noticed in the latest "SPMC 16.4.2", whilst playing a video i can bring up Codec Info with the contextual/option button. Something usefull.

The other thing i have noticed which may or may not be important is that whilst playing a video i can no longer hit the back button to go into system info or wherever which i used to do. Since the new SPMC if i hit back button during a video the video stops. I dont know what this means as far as memory or efficiency goes. It does mean a way to stop a video without bringing up OSD.
    Just putting it out there to let you know.

• kszaq i have noticed in the latest "SPMC 16.4.2", whilst playing a video i can bring up Codec Info with the contextual/option button. Something usefull.

The other thing i have noticed which may or may not be important is that whilst playing a video i can no longer hit the back button to go into system info or wherever which i used to do. Since the new SPMC if i hit back button during a video the video stops. I dont know what this means as far as memory or efficiency goes. It does mean a way to stop a video without bringing up OSD.
    Just putting it out there to let you know.

You can do both of those with keyboard.xml (and script.commands for multiple commands) if you want.

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 21, 2016 at 3:54 PM).

• I followed instructions but can't get 006 NAND install going (MiniMX 2GB): when I hold toothpick, I get stuck on a bootloop just showing a teddy bear saying "hi, welcome". When I release the toothpick after a few loops it just boots back into 005. Any help much appreciated.

The files on my FAT32 msd card are;

EDIT: Oh as I'm running 005, this is NOT my "first install", therefore I need recovery.img and dtb.img too...? I'll try that..

EDIT2: Makes no difference, still bootlooping at the teddy bear bootscreen.

EDIT3: Teddy bear bootloop with toothpick even when no microsd card is inserted..... I'll try a different microsd card now....

EDIT4: I tried other microSD cards, a 2GB FAT32 one, and a 8GB FAT32 one.. still stuck at the teddy bear bootloop. Any ideas guys? Maybe I should use USB Burning tool to go back to Android stock (again) then try to flash 006 from that..

EDIT5: Used USB Burning tool flash back to stock Android... still I was getting bear bootloop if I held toothpick with microSD inserted. So I held toothpick without MicroSD inserted to get into Android recovery, then manually selected the LibreElec zip. Bingo.

Edited once, last by RowanDDR (August 21, 2016 at 7:45 PM).

• It looks like staying on 005 seems the better
    option than updating to 006 for now, when
    regarding the disadvantages or did I misinterpret
    something?

For me one of the key improvements is smooth playback start without 5-10 seconds missing bug. I did not found any new bug to bother me so I prefer the latest 006 build.

Sent from mTalk

• Anyone have issues using reboot over ssh? If my TV is off and i use ssh to reboot i notice kodi does not start until the TV is turned on, almost like the box is waiting for a HDMI singnal before kodi starts. Like i'm able to ssh in but the kodi.bin service is not running until the tv is on.

I do not recall this being an issue with 005, I like to restart the box in the early mornings so that ram stays low to avoid possible freezes.

Disabling CEC does not help

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 23, 2016 at 3:56 AM).

• Power menu is menu that menu you can find when you move focus to the bottom and chose power sign next to the favourites (star).

@Kaszq do you have any idea how to fix a95x poweroff/reboot troubles? Is there any way we can help by ripping something directly from the device? BTW: what is your nationality? - of course if it is not a secret I ask becouse maybe i could lend this device to you for some time.

Edited once, last by Szymon_Zy (August 23, 2016 at 11:44 AM).

• Anyone knows how to reproduce the "Reboot from NAND" command in the power menu? I'd like to use it with another skin other than confluence.

Edit your skin's DialogButtonMenu.xml (/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.xxxxxxx/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml).
    Take a backup first.
    Mine (xonfluence) looks like this now:

Bear in mind a skin update will override your changes, so back up the new file as well.
    Alternatively add the System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand") function to favourites, a skin sub-menu or anywhere else more imaginative.

Edit: if you quote my post as if to reply and look in the code box the changed section is bolded.

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 23, 2016 at 12:17 PM).

• Power menu is menu that menu you can find when you move focus to the bottom and chose power sign next to the favourites (star).

Lol...When I read "power menu" I had some really powering stuff before my eyes like power tools or some super-secret-dev-menu. Basically didn't thought about place where power button resides.

Edited once, last by Draghmar (August 23, 2016 at 12:40 PM).

• Hi,

wich libreelec can I download for the mxq pro 4k that supports the realtek 8189ES wifi chip?
    the latest version (and others) have an unstable connection and cannot store the wifi password.
    or can i add one myself?

thanx!

gr,
    J

• jkeijner Please don't double-post. 8189ES driver is included from the version 001 and it works flawlessly on my device - I'm getting 100Mbps throughput on WiFi. I would say you are having hardware issues.
    [hr]

do you have any idea how to fix a95x poweroff/reboot troubles? Is there any way we can help by ripping something directly from the device? BTW: what is your nationality? - of course if it is not a secret I ask becouse maybe i could lend this device to you for some time

The issue with Nexbox is that they have a broken u-boot as it doesn't allow to wake up the device in any way from suspended state. When you "power it off" in Android the only thing it does is turning off the screen, not true suspend. Implementing that in LE might be possible but I don't want to waste my time on it for manufacturer that doesn't care about community at all - multiple messages to them have all hit the wall and not only from me but from other developers as well. I don't understand why they broke u-boot in the first place yet they are known for many weird choices.

It would be easy to borrow a device from you since we live in the same country - but I don't want a Nexbox.

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 23, 2016 at 2:12 PM).

• My gf was using libreelec on my k1 plus with release 006 that I updated last night without any issue. Then she hit "pause", did something and when she came back, the picture was "weird" and the box was frozen. She then unplugged and replugged the box but unfortunately it is now staying on a black screen after the first logo (S905 logo). I made her try the toothpick method without success.

LE is installed on sdcard, removing the sd card enables the box to boot into android. Everything was working fine, what could have happened? Fried SD Card? The box was quite hot so maybe some kind of overheating but still, android boots fine...

Edited once, last by cyberden (August 23, 2016 at 2:15 PM).

• multiple messages to them have all hit the wall and not only from me but from other developers as well. I don't understand why they broke u-boot in the first place yet they are known for many weird choices.

They tried to push an update today via OTA but it failed on my friends box. Owners can google and get the firmware online.