VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Are you sure you are connecting to a London server?
    In the log you supply you are connecting to New Zealand, using a New Zealand ovpn file

Code
    Connecting to VPN profile /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/ExpressVPN/New Zealand (UDP).ovpn
    18:02:05.675 T:140683507648256  NOTICE: VPN Mgr : (common.py) Received connection info from ipinfo.io, IP 221.121.135.68 location Auckland, NZ, ISP AS45671 AS45671 Network Operation
  • Are you sure you are connecting to a London server?
    In the log you supply you are connecting to New Zealand, using a New Zealand ovpn file

Code
    Connecting to VPN profile /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/ExpressVPN/New Zealand (UDP).ovpn
    18:02:05.675 T:140683507648256  NOTICE: VPN Mgr : (common.py) Received connection info from ipinfo.io, IP 221.121.135.68 location Auckland, NZ, ISP AS45671 AS45671 Network Operation

If you check the beginning of log you'll see that it's connected to a London - UK server as I have set up VPN Manager to switch to that server when I open iPlayer WWW. When I exit iPlayer WWW, VPN Manager then switches back to the default New Zealand server, hence why you see New Zealand at the end of the log.

• Yeah, I see it now.
    There are no errors in the changelog. It looks like the issue lies with ExpressVpn and the UK server you're using.
    Does ExpressVpn have only one UK server? (Other providers have 3 or four servers, some even have dedicated servers for bbc iplayer and netflix.)

• Yeah, I see it now.
    There are no errors in the changelog. It looks like the issue lies with ExpressVpn and the UK server you're using.
    Does ExpressVpn have only one UK server? (Other providers have 3 or four servers, some even have dedicated servers for bbc iplayer and netflix.)

Well it's works fine on my Windows machine when viewing via the bbc.co.uk website. Also when I check the IP location from Chromium on my Libreelec machine it says the server is located in UK. It's driving me nuts!

• Iplayer is throwing an error. This might be because the stream is being rejected because of your vpn or it might be a problem with the plugin.

It could be that the expressvpn ovpn files are out of date, but it is connecting ok. I'd download a UK ovpn file from their website and connect using the command line as documented on the wiki. If that fails then go moan at their support as they claim it works. If it works then PM me and we'll get the connection file updated.

Good choice of TV too 🙂

• Iplayer is throwing an error. This might be because the stream is being rejected because of your vpn or it might be a problem with the plugin.

It could be that the expressvpn ovpn files are out of date, but it is connecting ok. I'd download a UK ovpn file from their website and connect using the command line as documented on the wiki. If that fails then go moan at their support as they claim it works. If it works then PM me and we'll get the connection file updated.

Good choice of TV too 🙂

Thanks for the advice, but I've just tried what you've suggested with no success. Something is definitely not right, because now I'm trying VYPRvpn with the same results. I can't get ANY geo restricted addons to work. I think I'm going to give up and get my money back.

• zoogvpn (uk server 4) and VPN unlimited both work with VPNmanager and iplayer is accessible. (zoog requires manual set up.)
    Windscribe have a dedicated server for uk and us netflix. But it seems to be only available for their android app, not seen it pop up on ios or in the download files.

• I think the blocking happens based on IP addresses, so unless your provider is changing them frequently, they'll get blocked. You might have more luck with a smart DNS instead tho.

• If you drag the discussion onto the use of VPN services to bypass geoblocking (which some view as a soft form of piracy) this thread will be locked and then binned.

You can bin this thread for whatever reason but not because geoblocking circumventing is a form of Piracy.

Breaking Netflix Terms and Conditions of Use is not Piracy nor is it Illegal.

In Australia and New Zealand The Copyright Act does not make it illegal to use a VPN to access overseas content.

While content providers often have in place international commercial arrangements to protect copyright in different countries or regions, which can result in ‘geoblocking’, circumventing this is not illegal under the Copyright Act.

Using a VPN to get around geo-blocks to access overseas content is a violation of the provider's terms of service, it is not Piracy.

if you don't mind breaking a contract and the contract being potentially, terminated, then its fine.

Is it a crime? No.

• I’m an IPVanish user and I’m noticing that the full server list isn’t being loaded. The server list stops at St Louis. Right now I’m using a New York server, but I’m actually much closer to Washington DC. I’ve tried resetting everything and updating the provider files, but the list still stops at St. Louis. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks so much.

• I've updated list of IPVanish servers as there were some changes, but the reason the list stops at St. Louis is because alphabetically that's the location of the last US server that IP Vanish provides. Just because you're near to a large metropolitan area it doesn't imply that there will be a server located there. You can see the list of servers on their website.

• I've updated list of IPVanish servers as there were some changes, but the reason the list stops at St. Louis is because alphabetically that's the location of the last US server that IP Vanish provides. Just because you're near to a large metropolitan area it doesn't imply that there will be a server located there. You can see the list of servers on their website.

Technically, Washington is the last in the list of servers. It appears in the official IPVanish app, but not the addon. The server list stops at Washington not St Louis. I understand there won’t be one in every city, but there are several servers in Washington.

• hello, i'm new here. thanks very much for your addon which works great. have been using it for a while and everytime at some point the vpn disconnects without any reason.

platform libreelec lastest stable

vpn manager latest

vpn provider purevpn

vpn server swiss

unfurtunately i can only test it on the swiss server for my purpose, so don't know if it is a server side problem, or some glitch in kodi/addon

i have the log file, but it's 70mb large and when i try to copy it on pastebin it just hangs for ever and then crash. is there any other way i can publish the log anywhere? unfortunately being a random problem, it could happen any time, that's why it is so large.

• The only way to eliminate Kodi and the add-on is to run openvpn with one of the ovpn files from the command line. That's documented in the troubleshooting page in the first post. You might want to increase the debug by adding verb=4 to the ovpn file (or do this via the VPN Mgr settings/debug options and regenerate the files).

Disable the add-on before you run the test though as Kodi will still be running on the box in the background and it could conflict.

I really doubt that either Kodi or the add-on is causing your problem - I'd guess that looking at the log would just show the connection going away and VPN Mgr trying to reconnect, assuming you've left that option on. I suspect kostaman is giving you the advice you need.