Posts by bit_creepy

I can successfully load a game within Retroarch, however I'm met with a black screen when trying to launch from IAGL. When launching a game within IAGL, a notification pops up saying "Retroarch: now loading the frontend." then nothing but a black screen, forcing me to hard shutdown the machine. I've set System Type to Libreelec Remix and selected External player. Not sure if IAGL is causing the issue or RR.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging

http://ix.io/2bL0

2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Iplayer is throwing an error. This might be because the stream is being rejected because of your vpn or it might be a problem with the plugin.

It could be that the expressvpn ovpn files are out of date, but it is connecting ok. I'd download a UK ovpn file from their website and connect using the command line as documented on the wiki. If that fails then go moan at their support as they claim it works. If it works then PM me and we'll get the connection file updated.

Good choice of TV too 🙂

Thanks for the advice, but I've just tried what you've suggested with no success. Something is definitely not right, because now I'm trying VYPRvpn with the same results. I can't get ANY geo restricted addons to work. I think I'm going to give up and get my money back.

Yeah, I see it now.
    There are no errors in the changelog. It looks like the issue lies with ExpressVpn and the UK server you're using.
    Does ExpressVpn have only one UK server? (Other providers have 3 or four servers, some even have dedicated servers for bbc iplayer and netflix.)

Well it's works fine on my Windows machine when viewing via the bbc.co.uk website. Also when I check the IP location from Chromium on my Libreelec machine it says the server is located in UK. It's driving me nuts!

Are you sure you are connecting to a London server?
    In the log you supply you are connecting to New Zealand, using a New Zealand ovpn file

Code
    Connecting to VPN profile /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/ExpressVPN/New Zealand (UDP).ovpn
    18:02:05.675 T:140683507648256  NOTICE: VPN Mgr : (common.py) Received connection info from ipinfo.io, IP 221.121.135.68 location Auckland, NZ, ISP AS45671 AS45671 Network Operation

If you check the beginning of log you'll see that it's connected to a London - UK server as I have set up VPN Manager to switch to that server when I open iPlayer WWW. When I exit iPlayer WWW, VPN Manager then switches back to the default New Zealand server, hence why you see New Zealand at the end of the log.

Hello,

I can not seem to be able to stream from iPlayer WWW as it keeps saying I have to be in the UK to view videos, even though the VPN I have selected is in London - UK. You clearly see in the logs that I'm connected to a UK server, but iPlayer WWW continues to give me the error:

"BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only."

I've tried clearing cache and packages with no success. I'm currently using ExpressVPN. Can anyone see what is going wrong from the log?

I don't have any issues viewing BBC iPlayer from my Windows machine using ExpressVPN on the bbc.co.uk website, so I'm assuming something is wrong with my Libreelec config.

kodi_18-02-10_18-07-41.log