VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Hi guys,

Im getting an issue with connecting via this app in the last few days and im Stuck!

Tried fresh install with loads of different options but still no go.

The connection process hangs on "getting location info"

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The log is showing that you can't connect to two of the three providers used to determine the external IP address. It also appears to have other messages in the log that suggest you've got some network issues that are preventing external connection, ie:

21:00:11.850 T:1516237568 ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for ncsi.txt

21:00:17.378 T:1516237568 ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

You should look at your network and firewall settings and see if you can connect outside of the Kodi environment.

• The log is showing that you can't connect to two of the three providers used to determine the external IP address. It also appears to have other messages in the log that suggest you've got some network issues that are preventing external connection, ie:

21:00:11.850 T:1516237568 ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for ncsi.txt

21:00:17.378 T:1516237568 ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

You should look at your network and firewall settings and see if you can connect outside of the Kodi environment.

Hi Zomboided,

Thank you so much for replying so quickly 😍.

I am only semi techy however I thought the same. Weirdly on the disconnection cycle it displayed the location etc so it must be able to get outside when the vpn is disconnected. I can also download add-ons etc when disconnected from the VPN so yes I can definitely get to the internet when I disable your addon.

Could this be a PIA issue by blocking the location providers? It still works on my laptop however.

I don’t really know else to try tbh.

• Tried a fresh install of libreelec and it works!!! 😍

Something has changed in OSMC’s latest update...

Thank you so much for helping!

OSMC recently updated to debian stretch which was a big update.

Using PIA with this addon still works fine with latest update.

You could try reinstalling the addon.

• OSMC recently updated to debian stretch which was a big update.

Using PIA with this addon still works fine with latest update.

You could try reinstalling the addon.

I did, multiple times and also older versions. I even tried a full fresh image with no success...

More than happy with the install libreelec solution 👍

• Perhaps I spoke too soon.... :(

I am streaming and the video freezes, then the VPN Manager popsup and advises that its has disconnected.

2 seconds later, it reconnects itself. and repeats.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Something about ID doest exist??

• Looks like it's working at designing. Something is screwing up the connection and it's reconnecting when it notices. This tiny extract of your log is just showing that your dodgy streaming add-on is causing problems. I'm not going to be debugging that for you.

• Hello,

I've just built two new RPi media devices. I'm attempting to install VPN Manager on both, and I get the exact same error:

20:10:09.045 T:1458566048 NOTICE: VPN Mgr : (vpnproviders.py) Checking downloaded ovpn files for NordVPN with GitHub files

20:10:09.387 T:1458566048 ERROR: VPN Mgr : (vpnproviders.py) Can't get the metadata from Github for NordVPN

20:10:09.387 T:1458566048 ERROR: VPN Mgr : (vpnproviders.py) HTTP Error 404: Not Found

20:10:10.266 T:1458566048 ERROR: VPN Mgr : (common.py) Unable to download the VPN provider files. Check log and try again.

I'm using VPN Manager 4.1.0 and my VPN provider is NordVPN.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daryl

• Looks like it's working at designing. Something is screwing up the connection and it's reconnecting when it notices. This tiny extract of your log is just showing that your dodgy streaming add-on is causing problems. I'm not going to be debugging that for you.

Haha I thought as much!!

I’ll keep playing around and try some stuff.

Many thanks

• rosede, I am using nordvpn, you have to select user defined. I have nord server config files saved to a location on my devices, & point the config to that folder

Select user define? Since when? I have two other RPi's that use NordVPN and I didn't select user define on those. I select NordVPN, enter in my credentials, downloaded the opvn files and was able to connect to vpn servers.

Thanks

• Bonjour d'abord, je vous souhaite une bonne année 2018

J'essaie désespérément de comprendre comment corriger l'erreur qui apparaît dans le journal du gestionnaire VPN pour openVPN.

le chemin etc / resolvconf n'a pas été trouvé. quand je regarde le dossier n'existe pas. Je ne comprends pas comment créer ce chemin etc / resolvconf .... pour résoudre l'erreur. Je ne pouvais pas trouver le dépôt ou l'emballage ou l'extension qui installe le resolvconf. Je ne peux pas utiliser la console ssh parce que je ne comprends pas pourquoi la commande sudo ne fonctionne pas. Je suis français et je ne comprends pas bien la langue anglaise. Je ne suis pas très compétent pour utiliser linux. Je vous remercie de votre patience pour expliquer pourquoi je ne peux pas installer resolvconf.