Posts by rosede

I accidentally wiped out my video library. Fortunately I do regular exports for just such an emergency. However, Libreelec (Kodi) will not import the videodb.xml file. From within the settings, I navigate to where the back up is stored, but I don't see the videodb.xml file to import. I know the file exists, but Libreelec (Kodi) doesn't see it.

Any thoughts?

I'm using Libreaelec 11.0.3.

Thank you

The mostly likely cause (and unfortunately the hardest to debug) will be "some radio issue in your environment" .. it could be interference or loading on the AP or proximity to other devices or too-strong a signal or .. /shrug

To investigate you'd likely need to run iwd in debug mode, which will generate mountains of debug log output, which probably nobody on staff will really understand (as none of us are wireless engineers).

Pi is close-enough to run a short cable? Ethernet really is the best solution to WiFi problems (though never the answer people want).

HMMMMM.....not sure what could be interfering. I don't have anything else running. Yes, I can run a cable, and I have been considering it. Perhaps that is best.

Thank you

I have four RPi4 running LibreElec 11.0.3. All four are on WIFI.

Just recently one of them dropped its WIFI connection. It takes about an hour for the pi to time out and to come up if there is no WIFI connection, so after waiting for that hour, and I was able to get back on the device, I had to reauthenticate the pi to my WIFI. I did a reboot so it would reconnect to the infrastructure and once again it's hanging due to not being able to connect to the WIFI. I'm sure once it comes up, I'll have to reauthenticate it. BTW, the pi is mere feet from the access point.

Any reason why this pi would be dropping of the network? Suggestions on what to look for?

Thanks

I use RPi4 for my LibreElec.

I just stood up a new WIFI network. In the past I could separate 2.4 and 5ghz into their own SSD, but I don't see that as an option in this system. All of the pi's automatically joined the 2.4ghz band. Is there a way to force them onto the 5?

Thank you

Daryl

I have several RPi4 running the latest version of Libreelec v10.0.4 I think.

Since September, I've been having issues with buffering and caching when streaming internet based content. I often get errors from tmdb saying it can't connect also from trakkit.com saying it can't connect. I use Sling as one of my streaming services and I get errors from it telling me to check my network settings.

Here is an example of the sling error from the logs:

Code
    requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ums.p.sling.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/user.json (
    Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0xd859a258>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known'))

If I turn on debugging, the log file quickly becomes to large for me to post to pastebin. I've tried more than once in the past, so, I currently do not have a log in pastbin. If I need to, I'll see what I can do to edit it down so it will fit.

Back in September, I was having a larger networking issue, a lot of devices kept dropping, even one's on wire, after some back and forth with my ISP, I finally got them to come out and look at my outside connections and they found a bad moca filter. Once that cleared up, I expected more of my internal issue to clear up. Most have, but I am still having WIFI issues.

About the same time, I put in a wireless security camera system. I started to suspect that is causing issue. This system has a different WIFI base station and I got to thinking that that might the cause. I discovered the networking tools addon and discovered that I can see what channel my pi is using with the iwlist command. The current frequency was something that my pi did not support, so I looked at the router and discovered that it was on channel 161. The pi only goes up to 149, so I adjusted, and for a while all seemed to work just fine.

After a few days, I started getting buffering and caching again. What's really odd, is how inconstant this is across the network. The pi closest to the router will have download speeds of 1.5mbps, while the one on the other end of the house, with a lot more walls and structures in place, is at 75Mbps. If I change the channel, it may work for a few day's, but then I start getting buffering and caching again.

I'm running out of idea's. I still suspect that it's the camera system, but it operates on 2.4 and all of my pi's are on 5Ghz, so it shouldn't be that causing the issue. My camera system does not have a single issue. I would think that if one was having an issue, the other would as well.

I just changed the channel in my router from 149 to something else, rebooted the pi, changed it back to channel 149 (which is the highest channel the pi can use) rebooted checked the speed. I am now getting 72Mps and not a single error, or caching or buffering.

Any thoughts on what to look at or is there something else that might be causing my WIFI issues? I can't just keep changing the channel every couple of day's when this starts acting up.

Thanks

I just updated to v10.0.2 on my RPI4. I know there was a bug in v10.0.1 that was causing my TV to turn on via CEC and I was really hoping that v10.0.2 fixed that bug, but apparently its still there. I rolled back to v10.0.0.

Please update CEC so it stops turning on my TV.

Thanks

Daryl

I know there is a thread out there somewhere on texturecache.py, but I have a hell of a hard time finding it, and I've finally decided just to create a new thread and see if I can get some assistance.

A couple of day's ago, I lost my SQL database and I had to build it. Fortunately, I had a good backup and I was able to import back all of my movies/TV show/music.

I have four RPi4 media centers running LE Matrix (whatever version that is). The primary PI is wired, where as the other three are all on WIFI. When I got the database back up and did an import of the Movies/TV Shows, all of the posters, fan art etc... showed up. However, that was not the case with the three remote PI's. I use Eminence for the skin with the movies rotating across the screen. I could see the movie descriptions, but no images. I remembered texturecache.py script, downloaded it and I've been trying to update the cache for a couple day's using it.

I've ran it multiple times, and it appears to reload the images, but still nothing appears. I think that I now understand that it is actually updating the local textures database and not the SQL database that I use on the back end. I've looked through the help to see if three was a setting to point it to the database, but I don't see anything, and I can no longer find the main thread that talks specifically about texturecache.py.

If someone can confirm my suspicion about the script only updating the local db, and how to point it to the back end database, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Daryl

Has anyone looked at the log file that I posted? This is a big pain the you know what. Every time I want to stream something from sling, I have to reboot the Pi to get the connection re-established. This was working fine up until I rolled back to v10.0.0. I even re-installed v10.0.0 from scratch and I'm still having issues.

Thanks

Daryl

I have four RPi4 which had been using v10.0.1, but because of a bug in CEC, I rolled all four back to v10.0.0. Ever since, I've been having a lot of issues with buffering/caching when trying to stream my TV service. I use Sling and I watch it via a plugin that I found on kodi.tv. Was working great until this recent roll back.

Here are my debug logs in pastebin.

Pastebin.com - Locked Paste
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.
    pastebin.com

Thank you.

Daryl

Right, this could be a bug. Before I'll ping the dev's, please provide another log, because your first log is at log level 0.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

As requested. The log is at pastebin.com

»¿2022-01-04 15:05:11.520 T:966 INFO <general>: --------------------------- - Pastebin.com
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.
    pastebin.com

Daryl