Posts by rosede

I have four RPi4 and I've upgraded all of them to LE v10 (Matrix). I am not getting 5ghz WIFI at all on any of them. I was able to get 5ghz with v9.2, but not with v10. Why not? Is there something that I need to change to get 5ghz?

Thanks

Daryl

Okay. Doing a little digging and I discovered that either the RPi4 is not compatible with Sony Bravia, or Kodi v19. Either way, I got a message telling me that Bravia will enable once a compatible device is set up. This is perplexing, because the previous Pi's / kodi that I've used all worked. Why all of a sudden Kodi v19 / LE 9.97.1 is not working?

Thanks

Daryl

I just stood up a new installation on an RPi4 using LE v9.97.1. My TV is a Sony smart TV with CEC and I use a Logitech Harmony 650 remote. In the past, its just always worked. I have the Harmony configured for the Sony, and the pi had just always worked.

I'm just wondering why the harmony remote is no longer working with the pi? I verified that the CEC plug-in is setup and enabled. Any other thoughts that I should look at?

Thanks

Daryl

Its not just the Logitech that isn't working, I tried the regular Sony remote as well and its not working either. When I reboot the Pi, I see a message saying that the CEC is connected to the TV, but something just isn't working.

Thanks

Daryl

You can increase the log level (1 or 2 will be fine) by editing your existing advancedsettings.xml. It's worth to comment out all other tags inside <advancedsettings> for testing.

Thinking similar to what you mentioned, I moved advancedsettings.xml to advancedsettings.xml_sav and sources.xml to sources.xml_sav, rebooted. I'm not sure if it was something in one of those files that was causing the video from being displayed, but after a couple of reboots, the video suddenly came back. I then moved both files back to their correct names, and all is good.

Are you leaving the RPi on? does it work if you boot the RPi after turning the TV and receiver on?

I did not try leaving the pi off turning of/on the TV and then booting the pi. If this happens again, I'll give that a try as well.

Thanks

Daryl

I have an RPi4B running the LibreElec 10.0 beta, kodi v9.95.2 image. The reason why I am using the beta version is because I wasn't getting any video output using the LE v9.2.6, kodi v18.9. Someone on either this forum, or on kodi suggested that I use the beta and it worked, up until now.

I now turn on the TV, and.......no video. I can tell there is a signal to the TV, but no video. I've tried everything that I can think of and have run out of idea's, so now I'm turning to the experts.

Please find the error logs here. Pastebin logs

Sorry, no debugging. I don't know how to turn on debug without going into the settings and enabling it.

Thank you

Daryl

GBM (V4L2) is the new video pipeline that all ARM based LE devices are using for LE10.0. Codec licenses are not availaable as they are not needed: the RPi4 has enough CPU grunt to software decode all the media formats that historically needed them.

But that still does not solve the issue, the audio/video sync is is not an option in LE 10.

The setting isn't available when using GBM windowing in Kodi

I was digging through the settings and finally found in the Systems Info, under Video, "Windowing: Gbm".

I looked at one of my 9.2 pi's, there is no such. So, I'm assuming that this is new to v10, and if so, video/audio sync will not be an option? If that's the case, then Kodi will be pretty much useless. I can't even purchase a video codec license. They're not compatible with the RPi4.

Daryl

There is an audio sync option in the AUDIO OSD settings. Press ENTER during a video, select the Audio section, and adjust as needed.

Hmmmm.....Okay. I guess its been moved. It used to be in Player -> Videos -> Playback. I looked all over and didn't see anything, so I assumed that it was removed.

I'll take another look.

Thanks

Daryl

I am happy to report that LibreElec v10 Beta 1 is working. I'm a bit disappointed that the skin I use is not available, nor are a few other features, but I'm hopeful that they will be available once this go from beta to operational.

Daryl