Loosing WIFI configuration

• I have four RPi4 running LibreElec 11.0.3. All four are on WIFI.

Just recently one of them dropped its WIFI connection. It takes about an hour for the pi to time out and to come up if there is no WIFI connection, so after waiting for that hour, and I was able to get back on the device, I had to reauthenticate the pi to my WIFI. I did a reboot so it would reconnect to the infrastructure and once again it's hanging due to not being able to connect to the WIFI. I'm sure once it comes up, I'll have to reauthenticate it. BTW, the pi is mere feet from the access point.

Any reason why this pi would be dropping of the network? Suggestions on what to look for?

Thanks

• The mostly likely cause (and unfortunately the hardest to debug) will be "some radio issue in your environment" .. it could be interference or loading on the AP or proximity to other devices or too-strong a signal or .. /shrug

To investigate you'd likely need to run iwd in debug mode, which will generate mountains of debug log output, which probably nobody on staff will really understand (as none of us are wireless engineers).

Pi is close-enough to run a short cable? Ethernet really is the best solution to WiFi problems (though never the answer people want).

• The mostly likely cause (and unfortunately the hardest to debug) will be "some radio issue in your environment" .. it could be interference or loading on the AP or proximity to other devices or too-strong a signal or .. /shrug

To investigate you'd likely need to run iwd in debug mode, which will generate mountains of debug log output, which probably nobody on staff will really understand (as none of us are wireless engineers).

Pi is close-enough to run a short cable? Ethernet really is the best solution to WiFi problems (though never the answer people want).

HMMMMM.....not sure what could be interfering. I don't have anything else running. Yes, I can run a cable, and I have been considering it. Perhaps that is best.

Thank you