Question using texturecache.py

• I know there is a thread out there somewhere on texturecache.py, but I have a hell of a hard time finding it, and I've finally decided just to create a new thread and see if I can get some assistance.

A couple of day's ago, I lost my SQL database and I had to build it. Fortunately, I had a good backup and I was able to import back all of my movies/TV show/music.

I have four RPi4 media centers running LE Matrix (whatever version that is). The primary PI is wired, where as the other three are all on WIFI. When I got the database back up and did an import of the Movies/TV Shows, all of the posters, fan art etc... showed up. However, that was not the case with the three remote PI's. I use Eminence for the skin with the movies rotating across the screen. I could see the movie descriptions, but no images. I remembered texturecache.py script, downloaded it and I've been trying to update the cache for a couple day's using it.

I've ran it multiple times, and it appears to reload the images, but still nothing appears. I think that I now understand that it is actually updating the local textures database and not the SQL database that I use on the back end. I've looked through the help to see if three was a setting to point it to the database, but I don't see anything, and I can no longer find the main thread that talks specifically about texturecache.py.

If someone can confirm my suspicion about the script only updating the local db, and how to point it to the back end database, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Daryl

• Never mind. I just realized that the script that I'm asking about is actually on kodi.tv. I just found the thread that I've been searching for. I'll check over there.

Thank you.

Daryl