VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Thanks for the info...for now I can not verify it

But now I have another mistake

After a few days of working properly I get this error

On another computer and the same settings

Server / client works well ...?

If you want to use User Defined, debug your own issues - it's provided for people who know what they're doing and want to add things that the plugin doesn't support. IPVanish is supported natively. Select it directly as a provider, enter your password and ID and try and connect.

• Looking at VPN's and in particular Express VPN, IP Vanish and PIA in that order. Are there any known issues with any of these running in VPN Manager?

They all should work, and they've all been tested at some point. I use PIA so I can only tell you that I have no issues with that provider.

• Thanks Zomboided for your response and excellent addon.

I know this is not related to the addon, but what sort of percentage speed reduction if any do you see with PIA?

• Difficult to tell exactly as I only really stress the connection when attached to one particular server. I guess it runs at about 60% of my maximum but i still get about 5MBytes/s. Other servers may vary.

If you want to use User Defined, debug your own issues - it's provided for people who know what they're doing and want to add things that the plugin doesn't support. IPVanish is supported natively. Select it directly as a provider, enter your password and ID and try and connect.

Changing settings did not help

But ... works on tcp port!

• Works for me through to authentication failing (because I don't have an account). Looks like it's passing and accepting all the certificates fine.

The generated ovpn files are also the same as those that IPVanish supply, and I think I've seen other people have success with this, so either you'll need to trouble shoot this yourself (as it's maybe related to your network) or talk to IPVanish about it.

• 4.1.0 just released, pushed out on the repo.

It adds support for black.box VPN

It improves detection/display of IP address by using the ipinfo.io as the primary IP resolver, and adds a bunch of extra tracing if it fails. If you're using a different provider, you may need to go into Settings/Debug and change it back to Auto.

It fixes a bug where after upgrade the VPN would not reconnect despite everything being setup, and adds a bunch of extra tracing if it fails.

It fixes a minor issue with verb setting being ignored in some UserDefined ovpns

If you see problems, switch on debug and get a log.

Edited once, last by zomboided (July 21, 2017 at 11:52 PM).

• Hello All, have any of you got Ivacy VPN working with VPN manager for open VPN?

I try several times and always got error message to use both -cert and -key file.

Thank you

• They copied my plugin for their own. And then it stopped working. Oh dear. Maybe get a new provider.

Their addon works on Kodi 17.3 running on PC but I still cannot make it work on Rpi3 + LibreElec 8.0.3 or even OpenWRT router.

It might be the LibreElec limitation of PPTP (it's been removed since ver 8.0.0).

Now, have to use another common router and change server manually through the config to use VPN.

• Hi Zomboided,

I'm using NordVPN, but very frequently it fails to connect when I bootup my pi3 or when I wish to cycle through my connections list.

Is there anything that I can change in their (UDP) config file to speed up the hand shake? I can show a config file if you wish.

I figured Zomboided would know, but anyone else's feedback would be welcome.

Thank you.

• Is there any possibility to add the ovpn.com provider?

Having a really hard time sorting this out with the UserDefined configuration. Just don't work! =(

Thanks

• I'm not uber motivated to add more providers, especially the small ones, as there are just too many and I'd waste my life making these changes. If you can't get it to work with UserDefined, use one that's already supported - there are like 40 of them

• Post the log of the failure

Hi Zomboided,

Here's a log of the connection failure for NordVPN...

I had another log that I tried to post but they said it was too long.

Thanks for any help on this. It happens quite frequently.

Bob