VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Hi zomboided

Before I start, I wish to thank you for the effort and the time spent in the plugin. Since yesterday, connectivity with CyberGhostVPN is impossible. I've tried many things such full reset of "OpenVPN Manager", create new connection from scratch and following the tutorials (How to configure OpenVPN for OpenELEC 5 & 7 and LibreELEC 7 & 8 on a Raspberry Pi – CyberGhost VPN)... Same result.

Connection goes up. No connectivity, 60 seconds later dies of timeout. I've tried 3 server settings, France (UDP), Spain (UDP) and Switzerland (UDP).

And I found this post and stop thinking "maybe the world is against me". I'm not the solely looser.

I wish to help you, if it's necessary. I have symlinked the logs to reach them quickly. If there's something in I can help, please, don't hesitate to PM me or mention me. I'll be watching my email for updates.

With full of respect, maybe is a good idea to parse the .ovpn files that CyberGhostVPN passes to their users so the server directions are always up to date? I'm computer engineer but in this matter my knowledge is limited.

Thank you.

• Mistico Yesterday Zomboided pushed a new update for CyberGhost locations (LOCATIONS.TXT). This LOCATIONS.txt is actually from a CyberGhost engineer so the list is up-to-date at the moment. The VPN Manager get stuck at "checking location info..." so it is not able to determine the location. I think Zomboided is very tired of these CyberGhost issues because unlike other providers they are using different server addresses and a version of OpenVPN which is obviously outdated.

I am in touch with CyberGhost support and asked them to reprocude this behavior in their "lab" or whatever (LibreELEC, x64/x86 Device). I am waiting for feedback.

• Mistico Yesterday Zomboided pushed a new update for CyberGhost locations (LOCATIONS.TXT). This LOCATIONS.txt is actually from a CyberGhost engineer so the list is up-to-date at the moment. The VPN Manager get stuck at "checking location info..." so it is not able to determine the location. I think Zomboided is very tired of these CyberGhost issues because unlike other providers they are using different server addresses and a version of OpenVPN which is obviously outdated.

I am in touch with CyberGhost support and asked them to reprocude this behavior in their "lab" or whatever (LibreELEC, x64/x86 Device). I am waiting for feedback.

Thank for the reply. My issue with "stock" LOCATIONS.txt is different. My connection goes up, I see the green Padlock. After 60 seconds nothing comes from the VPN tunnel, for example:

Code
    tun0      Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00  
              inet addr:10.203.3.XXX  P-t-P:10.203.3.212  Mask:255.255.255.0
              UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:16 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:100 
              RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:1488 (1.4 KiB)

So, timeout occurs. I've raised the ping-timeout manually to 600, but doesn't work. The connection dies, VPN Manager tries to reconnect, and this until the end of the world. 48 hours before absolutely no problem!

I'm also in touch with a CyberGhostVPN technician (D a r l e n e), and I've mentioned this thread.

• CyberGhost are fixing this, I've just approved another one of their commits. This is good because it means I don't have to bother with it.

Mistico most providers are parsed but not all providers share their ovpn files. And honestly, I'm not good at keeping all ~40 up to date because life is too short (especially when it comes to writing software for free that enables someone else to sell VPN services)

• CyberGhost are fixing this, I've just approved another one of their commits. This is good because it means I don't have to bother with it.

Mistico most providers are parsed but not all providers share their ovpn files. And honestly, I'm not good at keeping all ~40 up to date because life is too short (especially when it comes to writing software for free that enables someone else to sell VPN services)

Glad to read good news. Shall we update manually or it will be like coffee rain?

Related to parsing, at least in Cyberghost case, users we download a .zip with the cert and keys, and also a .ovpn. Maybe is reasonable to parse the .ovpn file included so it's more mantainance free by your side. The setup/wizard don't ask for a .ovpn file, just user, pass, cert file and keys files.

BTW may I suggest to include this stuff in the FAQ / Wiki so you will have time for more interesting things? Or maybe a Patreon account, ha?

Thank you.

• Hi Guys

I installed Openvpn with Cyberghost today.

Im trying to open more shows on amazon prime video.

My Vpn connects to United State (TCP) I open Amazon Prime and when i select the show it says its not available in my country.

Changed the Location to UNited States (UDP) when i open Prime takes ages to open and then in the end times out and Openvpn Connects and disconnects aswell. What am i mising?

• Hi Guys

I installed Openvpn with Cyberghost today.

Im trying to open more shows on amazon prime video.

My Vpn connects to United State (TCP) I open Amazon Prime and when i select the show it says its not available in my country.

Changed the Location to UNited States (UDP) when i open Prime takes ages to open and then in the end times out and Openvpn Connects and disconnects aswell. What am i mising?

I suspect you are missing nothing. I tried to get access the USA netflix, using a vpn, but it didn't work. I suspect Amazon & Netflix have cottoned on to this, & are blocking.

• I suspect you are missing nothing. I tried to get access the USA netflix, using a vpn, but it didn't work. I suspect Amazon & Netflix have cottoned on to this, & are blocking.

Looks like you right Bubblegum tried to access on Win10 through cyberghost.

Primevideo.com isnt even opening

• I got another VPN ExpressVPN it works on windows but on VPNmanager it doesnt. Cyberghost was defnitly a issue.

I pulled up the logs and im getting one error multiple times

Got below issue resolved (Update of Libreelec Fixed it)

2020-05-10 17:14:24.388 T:140633966597888 DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (label1008) was not found.

2020-05-10 17:14:24.388 T:140633966597888 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[service.vpn.manager]: failed to find definition for setting label1008. Creating a setting on-the-fly...

2020-05-10 17:14:24.388 T:140633966597888 DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (label101) was not found.

Heres My Logs

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 3 times, last by Mince (May 10, 2020 at 4:59 PM).

• Mince Currently a lot of CyberGhost users have this issue. There is a DNS resolving issue with the new servers. Obviously CyberGhost technicians have no idea how to fix it but I hope they will in the future.

• Your log shows this :

2020-05-10 17:46:37.561 T:140163766281984 NOTICE: VPN Mgr : (common.py) Received connection info from ipinfo.io, IP 104.194.220.52 location New York, US, ISP AS35913 DediPath

2020-05-10 17:46:38.070 T:140163766281984 NOTICE: VPN Mgr : (common.py) Connected to a VPN

Profile is USA - New York (UDP)

Server is usa-newyork-ca-version-2.expressnetw.com

Using 104.194.220.52, located in New York, US

Service Provider is AS35913 DediPath

which means you've connected absolutely fine and it's been able to use an external site to check that it's working. If you can't connect to something after you see this, then it's not the VPN connection that's the issue (unless the target is blocking it - which is neither my problem or your VPN provider)

• Hi zomboided

Thx for the reply.

Im not saying its anything with the plugin. Im just trying to figure out what the issue could be. im not so good on the backend so i normally say its me before a program. Thats why i would normally try and resolve the issue just takes me longer.

Expressvpn is working on windows.

I read on your wiki it could be dns issues.

How will i be able to check yhis?

• The bit I highlighted shows it connecting to your VPN provider and then connecting to a web service external to your box. If DNS is not working you would have failed at connecting to the web service.

• The bit I highlighted shows it connecting to your VPN provider and then connecting to a web service external to your box. If DNS is not working you would have failed at connecting to the web service.

Thx zomboided. I checked on indigo ip defnitly changes aswell. Ill try a few other vpns see if its still blocked.

• HI zomboided,

Have used your plugin for some time now but a recent server change made me rebuild my private VPN. When I try to connect to it I keep getting keep alive v ping clashes reported in the log. I have removed all reference to keep alive and ping in both the client config (on the raspberry pi) and the server config (it is a separate VPN server on my VPS just for the Kodi connection set up on port 1195). However, it does not make any difference and I keep getting the error. I have rebooted everything and it still reports the error.

How do I access the options that are in your plugin to see if changing that will help (or do you have any other suggestions for me) please?

Update: Started from scratch and built an ovpn file containg all certificates and it was immediately accepted. Then found that the iPlayer add-on does not appear to be working properly. Onwards and upwards. You can ignore this post but thanks again for the plugin.

Edited once, last by GeoffatMM: Solved (May 11, 2020 at 5:41 PM).