Posts by GeoffatMM

I don't really understand your post.

Hi Irusak,

This is a RP2 I bought with a preconfigured card. I have never added anything to it or (to my knowledge) accessed the Libreelec interface through the shift button before. So where has noobs come from? And how do I get rid of it?

I have used ssh to get in to the OS and can see it is protected so will not respond to any apt instructions. So how do I access the configuration files for the inbuilt Samba server as the KODI and Libreelec settings are pretty limited? I would like it to be a domain controller. I used to have a server on my iMac but for some reason it has stopped responding and I now cannot connect my vBox to my network media files on the iMac. The apple smb system works fine for almost every item on the network but the vBox. I have tried getting their support but it is a deprecated model so say they cannot help me.

I just thought running samba on the RPi2 in the background as a domain controller might be the answer but it os proving more difficult than I thought it would be.

If no one can help I will just give it up.

Geoff

3. Boot RPi2

4. Enable SSH in first run wizard (gives CLI that you don't need)

5. Leave Samba enabled in first run wizard (it's embedded, no need to install it)

Hi Chewitt,

I have done all that but (see the response above) I cannot access what I want.

How do I remove noobs? Or is this all I should see when I access the OS in Libreelec? Not that accessing it seems of any value as can get to it via ssh but it does not let me do anything with it. I guess this is what is intended so it does not get messed up?

I just thought it would be accessible for me to add to if. I wanted to but perhaps I am wrong.

More importantly, how do I get the OS to manage the TV correctly so I can see the whole page? Kodi is correctly using the screen at 1080 but as soon as I reboot Libreelec drops to 480 and going into the OS interface (which just gives the noobs page) is also at 480 and it is impossible to work with. None of the TV settings have any effect. I have tried disabling overdscan but it does not seem to do anything. Can I adjust something in the config file to get it to manage the screen properly?

Geoff

Hi,

Have happily run my RPI2 Libreelec for Kodi on a TV for some time. I know I must have got to know the OS when I first got it but have never pressed the shift button since.

I need to run an SMBserver (I use Macs and certain connections cannot be made) so thought I would use the RPI as I found a simple guide and have installed Samba on several machines so did not foresee any problems. LOL! What a disaster.

When I first tried to access the OS I was confronted with a NOOBS screen (v1.9 built March 2016. I can just about see the title and cannot see the language selector as the resolution seems out of kilter. I tried changing overscan settings and rebooting to check they were picked up but no change. In reading about NOOBS it appears only to be an installer and once run, should drop me into the OS. Is that right? Cos it isn't.

So I reinstalled Libreelec using NOOBS losing all my KODI settings. After resetting them all and rebooting to get to the OS, guess what`. It's Groundhog Day! I was right back where I started except the config file has changed in the overscan section (maybe others as well but it was overscan I was looking at). So presumably this is a slightly different version to the one I bought preloaded to the SD card from the Pi Hut.

Could someone help me:

1. Set the resolution so I can see the entire NOOBS information so I know what I can do with it?

2. Explain how I get past the NOOBS screen to a CLI so I can do some linux commands to install my Samba server?

Appreciate any advice you can offer.

Geoff

mglae

Thank you again. I thought I should receive an email when a response is posted but I am not so it is only when I remeber to come and look that I find the response.

I will check all the issues you listed, thank you so much for working through it for me, it is much appreciated.

The under-voltage could be because I am using the USB connection to power the RPi. What specifically will the undervoltage give problems to as it does appear to work OK (and is a lot more convenient). However it is an old TV so possible an early USB version.

I will read the material you linked and let you know how I get on.

G

Hi again.

I noticed that the paste terminates suddenly and it seems it has not copied the entire file. I have opened the 01_kodi.log file (466kb) and pasted it to pastebin to show the full log. It is here:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do you need any of the other logs pasting?

Geoff

Hi mglae,

Again apologies for the delayed response. Building a house on my own so pretty shattered most evenings.

Well that seems to have worked, thanks. How do I get pastekodi to run without the full command? Do I need to adjust a path?

The output is here:

http://ix.io/2vV5

Same procedure. Record HD, playback HD then playback SD. No sound on HD. I logged the audio component as well.

Do the logs help?

Hi Again,

So now I am confused!

Deleted all old log files.

Set up debug login with audio component logging.

Recorded short HD channel.

Replayed short HD recording. No sound.

Replayed short SD recording. Sound.

Turned off all logging.

Opened Kodi over samba. NO LOGFILES!!!!!

Thought it might be the audio logging so I disabled that and did the whole thing again with just debug logging. Still no log files in the logfile directory.

What have I done that is wrong?

Geoff

Hi CvH

I have done the log file. I recorded a few minutes of HD then played back as it was recording and there was no sound so the log file should show what has happened.

However, the log file is 3.5MB and pastebin has a limit of 512KB unless I upgrade to Pro. Which I cannot as there are no more Pro slots available. :cursing:

So how do I now get the file to you? Is there an alternative to pastebin that will accept a file of this size?

Can I email or PM it to you?

I could upload it to my website on its own page then send you a link?

Please let me know. ?(

Geoff

I am running Kodi on a RPi 2 through a TV. I use a VBox Communications server to distribute satellite TV (Freeview) over my internal network and the recommended PVR (4.7.0.1) to integrate with Kodi.

When I record standard definition programmes the system works and I get audio playback but when I try to record HD programmes, there is no audio on playback.

I do not have a problem using the VBox app on my iPhone etc. nor on my AppleMacs using Kodi 18.7 or 18.8 so it appears to be isolated to the RPi build. In fact a programme recorded through the RPi 2 in HD plays back fine on any of the other machines.

I have upgraded to 9.2.4 (running Kodi 18.8 to see if the problem was fixed but it remains the same. I have also ensured I am fully updated on the PVR interface (4.7.0.1).

Can you offer any solution to this problem?

Geoff

HI zomboided,

Have used your plugin for some time now but a recent server change made me rebuild my private VPN. When I try to connect to it I keep getting keep alive v ping clashes reported in the log. I have removed all reference to keep alive and ping in both the client config (on the raspberry pi) and the server config (it is a separate VPN server on my VPS just for the Kodi connection set up on port 1195). However, it does not make any difference and I keep getting the error. I have rebooted everything and it still reports the error.

How do I access the options that are in your plugin to see if changing that will help (or do you have any other suggestions for me) please?

Update: Started from scratch and built an ovpn file containg all certificates and it was immediately accepted. Then found that the iPlayer add-on does not appear to be working properly. Onwards and upwards. You can ignore this post but thanks again for the plugin.