VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Thanks - I was already trying this - maybe got the wrong folder:

Does it need to be here:

Code
    /.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/Downloads/PIA

or here:

Code
    /.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PIA

I have been trying here /.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager (because here I saw the default up.sh script)

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/PIA/up.sh

• Z,

This is pretty much my last ditch effort. I have been at this for about 10 hours now.

First of all, running Libreelec with Xanax build on an RP4 using ExpressVPN.

For the last 8+ hours I was getting the Auth failed message that is supposed to just be an easy credential fix. I read every paid of this thread, put the long username and password in a dozen times, downloaded my keys and certs and reinstalled them probably 10 times, tried setting it up as expressvpn and as user defined, tried udp, tcp, nothing worked.

So I nuked everything, deleted all files and started fresh with DLing your repo. Went through the wizard and I finally got it to stop giving me the auth error and now I get this....

hUDBftq

Any ideas?

• VPN mnager just gave me another addon that did not work.

I would like to configure the OpenVPN clien directly with the VPN provider files that I have but nothing seems to work.

• Free software sucks so hard. This is for people that don't want to configure openvpn themselves. The instructions on the wiki tell you this.

There is NO OPTION tin the current version o configure it yourself! Only to load a config file. I can see that older versions had such options

• Auth error means just that. I think ExpressVPN has different keys/certs for different locations from memory. You need to supply exactly the right one. It may also require that you use a different userID/password than the one you log into the site. Someone using ExpressVPN would need to comment, I have no account there.

• Auth error means just that. I think ExpressVPN has different keys/certs for different locations from memory. You need to supply exactly the right one. It may also require that you use a different userID/password than the one you log into the site. Someone using ExpressVPN would need to comment, I have no account there.

This is all correct. Im using the "Chicago udp" VPN with the "chicago udp" keys. Im also using the long random Username and password string they give you for this "manual" installation.

Like I have previously said I know its not a problem with username, passwords or keys. Im going to chock this up as the program not working and move along. Thanks.

• Mike1605 could you provide kodi logs with "debug switched on" as your issue seems similar to my recent experience (I explain) been using ExpressVPN successfully with "VPN Manager for OpenVPN" for along time now on rpis. However more recently never been able to setup cleanly on freshly prepared rpi with latest version of LibreELEC installed, getting what I recollect is same as you "Auth error with a user, pass and cert/key"

As I had other rpi devices with ExpressVPN setup and working with VPN Manager for OpenVPN installed I got around issue by copying folders and files from working device.

I also firmly believe I was using correct credentials "checked and re-checked" and even compared key files and addons setup files between working/non-working devices checking that username and passwords in files were same/correct etc. (Used manual method and wizard, checked information with expressvpn help team, I could not get to bottom of what I was doing wrong with clean install)

I will re-test again in near future on a new rpi4 I recently purchased and if addon doesnt work I will post kodi.logs with debug switched on in the VPN Manager for OpenVPN addon and Kodi's settings.

• There are 100s of things traced, I can't remember what is shown. You'll probably see it in the ovpn file that's traced with each connect/disconnect with debug enabled. You need to enable debug in the VPN Mgr settings page tho, not for everything.

• zomboided  Mike1605 as mentioned in my previous post above. I have been having issues setting up ExpressVPN within VPN Manager for OpenVPN on clean LibreELEC installation running on my Device(s) I have tested today on rpi4 with clean LibreELEC OS and clean install of add-on and I am unable to set-up add-on correctly whatever method I use within addon.

Here is kodi.log (debug switched on) with info when utilising add-ons user defined wizard to transfer and then setup personally downloaded ExpressVPN *.opvn and key files that I checked and included in device downloads folder. (I sshd own files as initially thought that perhaps issue was due to possibly out of date expressvpn files being provided via addon)

Please note that before performing all above I took your troubleshooting advice from add-on wiki to test OpenVPN with ExpressVPN manually (sshing into device etc)

Following is ssh terminal information for a “successful vpn connection” when using exact same *.opvn files held in downloads folder and running OpenVPN manually. (key files not required)

I have checked and double checked username and password to be sure they are correctly entered within GUI of addon and transfered into settings.xml. In case its relevant I have noted that Userdata\addon_data\service.vpn.manager\settings.xml does not include validated username and password strings in "vpn_username_validated" and "vpn_password_validated" settings. (Which I do see within settings.xml of a working installation, set-up longtime ago on much earlier version of LibreELEC)

Hope provided information is helpful in understanding what issue could be?

• Good luck Mike. I just dumped the Program all together and moved on to other things. After spending several days messing with it and also talking with ExpressVPN customer support, its a problem with VPNmanager somewhere.

• Hi there.

One day to the other I started receiving this error message: Could not authenticate with VPN provider. Please check user name and password and try again.

I hope this is the log you need:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.