Posts by MikeKL

Yes I think I probably had similar symptom/issue prior, to a more specifically fixed HDMI setup; via use of getedid command.

My thoughts would be to give getedid command a try (only when sure both HDMI connections from rpi4 are working as you expect) to store the known status/profile of each working HDMI connection.

It cannot hurt to use "getedid create" to store HDMI profiles such that your rpi4 "always" uses same known working HDMI 0 & 1 profiles between boot-ups, rather than occasionally switching to something that cause Video HDMI 0 or Audio HDMI 1 to suddenly not work as expected.

Note: You can always revert back to vanilla HDMI setup/installation (default installation is restored) with "getedid delete" command if it doesnt help.

---edit---

I extracted following info from the log you posted in other thread, to highlight what I believe you wish HDMI 0 and HDMI 1 to be permenently assigned to and never get confused between them.

Video

Code
    m_deviceName      : hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0
    m_displayName     : vc4-hdmi-0 (vc4hdmi0)
    m_displayNameExtra: GSM LG TV SSCR2 on HDMI

Audio

Code
    m_deviceName      : hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0
    m_displayName     : vc4-hdmi-1
    m_displayNameExtra: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0

Great you have it working, just by simple selection of correct device for Audio in Kodi Audio settings.

Yes in my case, I was able to use TV CEC remote to control Kodi GUI and adjust AVR volume with following HDMI connections between devices.

• AVR HDMI OUT <-> TV HDMI (ARC connection)
    • Rpi4 HDMI-0 -> TV (Video)
    • Rpi4 HDMI-1 -> AVR (Audio)

I found in my usage case that configuring EDID further ensured that HDMI connections would not get confused when devices were being switched off/on in any un-intended sequences.

Can I use one HDMI output of the Raspberry Pi 4B for video and the other HDMI output for audio?

Yes you can but it takes time to setup and overall inter-operability (i.e. CEC control) may not work between all your devices as seamlessly (due to use of Rpi4's Dual HDMI connections at same time) as you would like/expect. However the Video and Audio outputs will be assigned to correct devices and work as you wish them to.

It involves use of SSH from a PC to Rpi4 and getedid commands to gather and store specific information on "confirmed connected" HDMI connections for TV and AVR so they are always assigned on boot-up, in prefered sequence. Ref https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid

Then once this is setup, you will need to review Audio options within Kodi to ensure that the correct HDMI to AVR options are selected and utilised for Audio :-

• Settings -> System -> Audio -> Audio output device
    • Settings -> System -> Audio -> Passthrough output device

With Passthrough options then enabled for HD Audio that your AVR supports.

Been a long time since I previously successfully setup my older system to do this (Which worked OK) and I have just recently updated my AVR so not able to fully recollect and review previous sequence of setup etc.

Been looking for most suitable Libreelec thread to direct you for your specific desired usage case, if I find something will post link.

I can personally say from my own experience that Zattoo pvr add-on works really well in Kodi for Live, Timeshift and recording; with all recordings stored in the cloud. (Can be accessed from multiple devices/locations) The guide within Kodi can look forward and back up to seven days (as setup by user) and any item in guide can be selected for playback/recording from start etc.

Another more basic manual option is to goto "Settings -> Media -> Library" and use "Video Library -> Clean Library" option.

(To manually perform a clean-up of removed video items as and when you require)

Note in order to see/utilise this particular option you will need to be switched from the Standard view, to Advanced (or higher) view of Kodi GUI settings.

See https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Library#Clean_library for further information.

Thanks for the suggestions.

This unfortunately did not work.

My goal is for the TV to power off when Kodi screensaver is activated and power on when Kodi screensaver is deactivated.

OK had not picked up on that requirement when I responded, focusing in on correct interaction between devices regardless of screensaver "suspended" state or not of Kodi libreELEC device. :blush: (CEC being a fickle beast to get perfect between combinations of older/newer HDMI connected devices)

But maybe its an alternative compromise for your current layout/setup that may allow soundbar and tv to correctly maintain control and interact with LibreELEC when TV is being switched on/off, where I had also assumed you may wish to use TV CEC remote for interactive control of all three devices. (Rpi4 LibreELEC always powered up and running in background)

When LibreELEC is in screensaver mode are you highly concerned about need for TV to switch off as usually these are shorter periods when we are distracted away from watching TV, intending to return; rather than forgotten, to switch TV and soundbar OFF via TV remote.

(Well in my typical usage case)

My thoughts, are due to fact that most of the time I personally use TV remote as main daily remote for control and operation of TV, AVR and LibreELEC. (When switched to rpi4 LibreELEC as my active HDMI playback device)

example of howto enable the operation of the "LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-32bit.bin" file you have dowloaded on your linux pc

How to execute a .run or .bin package in Linux
    For the apps that are not available through the Ubuntu software center, some developers package the executable in .run and .bin binary packages. Let's see how…
    www.fosslinux.com

Run and use dowloaded tool steps 1, 2, 3, 4 to guide you and setup LibreELEC suitable for your rpi3 written as an image on your SD