FLAC files not showing up?

• I downloaded some FLAC tracks from https://www.simonswerwer.com to play on my HTPC RPI4.

While I can browse to the files on the file manager of LE and they play fine there (over a local samba share) they do not show up at all under my music folder (same samba share mounted permanently on the LE).

Any idea what gives?

• Go to Best Answer
  • There's no need to add extensions for flac files, it's one of the defaults. Have you defined the SMB share as a source and scraped the media into the Library? (Music is a Library view). Flac files are similar to mp3 and contain tags that are scraped.

• Check that your downloaded Flac files have also been tagged sufficiently/correctly.

I downloaded one of the files from site you mentioned and Flac file had NO tag information.

(I use Mp3Tag on Win PC to check if file(s) have tags)

Read important info on Tagging that is required for music in your Kodi library?

Music tagging - Official Kodi Wiki

Edited once, last by MikeKL (January 28, 2023 at 9:37 AM).

• There is no "Everything" mode in Picard, and I would caution against trying to stuff lots of files into the "to be scanned" pane. Your files will not always exactly match; requiring you to drag and drop things, which is easiest when there's only the files for a single album there. It will take time to go through and match/cleanup/correct all your albums. However, this is only a task you'll ever need to do once. You can train your children to do it ($free slave labour) although they often lack the obtuse knowledge of your music collection to tag everything right :D