New install

• Hi,

I am trying to make a new install for my Pi 3, but I am having difficulties. my laptop runs Linux Mint 19.1, following your guide I have downloaded LibreElec usb cd creator 32 bit bin file but for some reason it will not open and install. When I click on the download from my download folder a Libre office blank page opens up. I cannot work out how too install creator or go any further. As I am probably doing something wrong some advice please preferably a blow by blow instruction on how to create a micro SD card installed with Kodi leia 18.9.

regards

Brian

• I am trying to make a new install for my Pi 3, but I am having difficulties. my laptop runs Linux Mint 19.1

It should be straightforward if you already have the gnome-disk-utility installed, just download the image instead, and then 'restore disk image' to the card/drive you wish to use.

• example of howto enable the operation of the "LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-32bit.bin" file you have dowloaded on your linux pc

How to execute a .run or .bin package in Linux
    For the apps that are not available through the Ubuntu software center, some developers package the executable in .run and .bin binary packages. Let's see how…
    www.fosslinux.com

Run and use dowloaded tool steps 1, 2, 3, 4 to guide you and setup LibreELEC suitable for your rpi3 written as an image on your SD