No signal (new install) Generic / 10.0

• I've just installed 10.0 on a Gigabyte Brix 8250u connected to a Samsung AU8000 TV but I get no signal upon booting.

Brix is connected via a high speed HDMI cable (tried 3x different cables), all I see is the machine's POST screen, I don't even see the Libreelec logo.

The machine is up and I can SSH.

I've tried disabloing CEC on the TV.

Can anyone help?

Edit: even the installer wouldn't run, I had to install Libreelec whilst connected to another screen and then plug this in afterwards. The installer gets to the choice of installer/live etc and then the signal drops once you make your choice.

LibreELEC:~ # tail /sys/class/drm/*/status

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-DP-1/status <==

disconnected

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-DP-2/status <==

connected

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status <==

disconnected

Edited once, last by TCC (December 9, 2021 at 7:00 PM).

• With pastekodi you can upload the whole log situation, so if you can paste its URL here, we can see some action going on under the bonnet.

• Code
    Dec 09 23:23:10.200081 LibreELEC kernel: [drm] Got external EDID base block and 1 extension from "edid/edid.bin" for connector "DP-2"

Create a custom EDID.

PS: The specs say, you have a "Mini DisplayPort" (DP) and an "HDMI 2.0" port. The log says, DP is in use, so the connected HDMI cable makes no sense without a DP adapter. Can you switch to "HDMI 2.0" port in the EFI / BIOS settings?

• The Intel i915 kernel driver is crashing/complaining early.
    • Don't use getedid until something is visible. Remove the configuration it with getedid delete.
    • Not all log messages are stored. To see the early ones add log_buf_len=4M to the APPEND line of /flash/syslinux.cfg. Use dmesg|paste after reboot.
    • Try to boot LE 10.0.0 and a LE nighty from USB stick to test different kernel versions
  • The log says, DP is in use, so the connected HDMI cable makes no sense without a DP adapter.

are you sure ?

running a NUC (see signature) with HDMI and "tail /sys/class/drm/*/status" shows me this:

LibreELEC:~ # tail /sys/class/drm/*/status

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-DP-1/status <==

connected

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-DP-2/status <==

disconnected

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status <==

disconnected

AFAIK here is converter (LSPCON) DP => HDMI involved (picture attached)

I guess this could be the case for the Gigabyte Brix 8250u too (don't know)

• Code
    Dec 09 23:23:10.200081 LibreELEC kernel: [drm] Got external EDID base block and 1 extension from "edid/edid.bin" for connector "DP-2"

Create a custom EDID.

PS: The specs say, you have a "Mini DisplayPort" (DP) and an "HDMI 2.0" port. The log says, DP is in use, so the connected HDMI cable makes no sense without a DP adapter. Can you switch to "HDMI 2.0" port in the EFI / BIOS settings?

This confuses me too, I have a few Gigabyte Brix machines in other rooms and they're the same. They report that they're using DP despite being connected via HDMI.

• The Intel i915 kernel driver is crashing/complaining early.
    • Don't use getedid until something is visible. Remove the configuration it with getedid delete.
    • Not all log messages are stored. To see the early ones add log_buf_len=4M to the APPEND line of /flash/syslinux.cfg. Use dmesg|paste after reboot.
    • Try to boot LE 10.0.0 and a LE nighty from USB stick to test different kernel versions

The TV loses signal before you even see the Libreelec boot logo but with the stable release I at least see the installer/live options but as soon as you choose to either install or run "live", the display drops.

I've just tried the latest nightly and I don't even see the (installer/live) options. It boots, loads for a couple of seconds and then nothing.

Scratch that, I thought it was booting from the USB stick but it was booting from the HDD. I get the exact same thing with the nightly, boots, choose installer/live and then instantly lose video.

:(

Edited 2 times, last by TCC: Merged a post created by TCC into this post. (December 10, 2021 at 6:14 PM).

• OK, then I think DP-1 is the "Mini DiplayPort", and DP-2 is the "HDMI 2.0" port. Can you check EFI / BIOS settings anyway? Maybe you can switch among HDMI and DVI mode for DP-2.

• OK, then I think DP-1 is the "Mini DiplayPort", and DP-2 is the "HDMI 2.0" port. Can you check EFI / BIOS settings anyway? Maybe you can switch among HDMI and DVI mode for DP-2.

Annoyingly there's very few configurable options in the BIOS, nothing for HDMI/Displayport etc.

• Thanks for all of the help, really appreciated.

Gigabyte have done a great job at neutering the available options, there's nothing that allows you to configure the HDMI/DP ports.

I'll take some pics first thing tomorrow.

Thanks again.