Posts by TCC

Thanks for all of the help, really appreciated.

Gigabyte have done a great job at neutering the available options, there's nothing that allows you to configure the HDMI/DP ports.

I'll take some pics first thing tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Code
    Dec 09 23:23:10.200081 LibreELEC kernel: [drm] Got external EDID base block and 1 extension from "edid/edid.bin" for connector "DP-2"

Create a custom EDID.

PS: The specs say, you have a "Mini DisplayPort" (DP) and an "HDMI 2.0" port. The log says, DP is in use, so the connected HDMI cable makes no sense without a DP adapter. Can you switch to "HDMI 2.0" port in the EFI / BIOS settings?

This confuses me too, I have a few Gigabyte Brix machines in other rooms and they're the same. They report that they're using DP despite being connected via HDMI.

• The Intel i915 kernel driver is crashing/complaining early.
    • Don't use getedid until something is visible. Remove the configuration it with getedid delete.
    • Not all log messages are stored. To see the early ones add log_buf_len=4M to the APPEND line of /flash/syslinux.cfg. Use dmesg|paste after reboot.
    • Try to boot LE 10.0.0 and a LE nighty from USB stick to test different kernel versions

The TV loses signal before you even see the Libreelec boot logo but with the stable release I at least see the installer/live options but as soon as you choose to either install or run "live", the display drops.

I've just tried the latest nightly and I don't even see the (installer/live) options. It boots, loads for a couple of seconds and then nothing.

Scratch that, I thought it was booting from the USB stick but it was booting from the HDD. I get the exact same thing with the nightly, boots, choose installer/live and then instantly lose video.

:(

I've just installed 10.0 on a Gigabyte Brix 8250u connected to a Samsung AU8000 TV but I get no signal upon booting.

Brix is connected via a high speed HDMI cable (tried 3x different cables), all I see is the machine's POST screen, I don't even see the Libreelec logo.

The machine is up and I can SSH.

I've tried disabloing CEC on the TV.

Can anyone help?

Edit: even the installer wouldn't run, I had to install Libreelec whilst connected to another screen and then plug this in afterwards. The installer gets to the choice of installer/live etc and then the signal drops once you make your choice.

LibreELEC:~ # tail /sys/class/drm/*/status

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-DP-1/status <==

disconnected

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-DP-2/status <==

connected

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status <==

disconnected

I've been having issues with disappearing text with a new install of LibreELEC 9.2.6.

To combat this I opted to follow the custom EDID guide.

I tried both the built-in script and changing this manually (the machine reports that it's connected via DP-1) and both methods produce no video upon rebooting.

This is with an Intel NUC Bean Canyon NUC8i5BEH3 i5 8259U connected via a Sony AVR.

Now I'm stuck with having to put up with the GUI text disappearing randomly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Since updating to 9.0.2 I've noticed when 10s in after starting playback on certain x264 videos I see a brief black screen (for about 1/2 a second) and then video continues to play fine.

These same videos played fine previously and there has been no change to hardware.

Adjust refresh rate on playback is not enabled and I've tried playing around with different resolutions/refresh rates with no joy.

It doesn't happen if I rewind/skip back to the beginning of the video but it always happens at the same time when I start the video afresh.

I use multiple Gigabyte BRIX GB-BKI5HA-7200s around the house with LibreELEC and have no issues at all with Samsung, LG and Toshiba TVs (some direct to TV and some connected to AVRs).

I recently picked up a cheap Sharp 40" TV for the garage but I can't get audio working via HDMI at all with a BRIX GB-BKI5HA-7200 that woked fine with a Samsung TV previously. Analog audio is fine via the 3.5mm jack.

The new TV model is Sharp LC-40CFG4041K.

I've installed a fresh install of LibreELEC and also tried updating to a later Millhouse build but the issue persists.

I've tried changing "Output Configuration" to Fixed and the various frequencies but no change with "Number of Channels" left at 2.0. If I change "Number of Channels" to 5.1 and "Output Configuration" to Fixed with various frequencies I do hear some random crackling sounds.

Debug log attached and a couple of screenshots of the TV ID under "Audio Output Device".

The TV also works fine with other devices.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

kodi.log