No signal (new install) Generic / 10.0

• digging the inet with "drivers/gpu/drm/i915/display/intel_dp.c:1918 intel_dp_max_link_rate+0x79/0x90"

cause mostly one is not the only one on earth with a bug...

and found some similar bug reports with black screens and such

but all from 2014 or 2017, so they should be fixed and/or maybe they are not for all cases ...

some thoughts:

to me (I'm no developer) it seems the GPU driver crashes during negotiation about data rate and such and maybe reveals a up to now hidden bug which should be fixed (for ever)

1. question:

while we can't adjust TV output on the Brix via bios is there maybe a setting in the TV to (temporary) ~lower/limit~ the input ?

2. Q.:

you said you could install LE only with another monitor

why not setup a LE release with that (good) monitor, update to nightly and connect the Brix to the problematic TV and see what happens ?

maybe with a look into dmesg before and after OR the upload of both

and surely with the parameter mglae suggested in comment #9

advantage: a newer kernel (5.15.y) and therefore a newer GPU driver (where the bug is maybe already fixed ?!)

I guess the i915 driver developer is interessed in "why the driver i915 crashes (only ?) on the problematic TV ..."

maybe we get some useful input together ...

3. Q.:

the Samsung TV seems to be really new

if correct:

- does a samsung forum regarding that TV exists and is there some useful info's available (=> maybe another user and same bug) ?

- maybe a newer TV firmware in the pipe ?

@ALL

comments/thoughts/rotten fruits ?

TCC

you know to how to get a nightly installed while no usb creator is available ?

- will tell if not -

I think that's it.

to me the above translates to "das war's im Sinne "es ist fertig/erledigt" so I guess you meant "I think that it is" (...ist es doch)

und das grin-smiley wirkt abstossend (war das so gemeint ?)

Edited 2 times, last by GDPR-7: Merged a post created by JoeAverage into this post. (December 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM).

• Every point of mglae should be done now. Loading the graphics driver failed, and we want details about it. I don't think we need screenshots from BIOS.

GDPR-7 I thought a BIOS update could solve it, but it was not available. My English isn't perfect.