Posts by Mike1605

Good luck Mike. I just dumped the Program all together and moved on to other things. After spending several days messing with it and also talking with ExpressVPN customer support, its a problem with VPNmanager somewhere.

Auth error means just that. I think ExpressVPN has different keys/certs for different locations from memory. You need to supply exactly the right one. It may also require that you use a different userID/password than the one you log into the site. Someone using ExpressVPN would need to comment, I have no account there.

This is all correct. Im using the "Chicago udp" VPN with the "chicago udp" keys. Im also using the long random Username and password string they give you for this "manual" installation.

Like I have previously said I know its not a problem with username, passwords or keys. Im going to chock this up as the program not working and move along. Thanks.

Z,

This is pretty much my last ditch effort. I have been at this for about 10 hours now.

First of all, running Libreelec with Xanax build on an RP4 using ExpressVPN.

For the last 8+ hours I was getting the Auth failed message that is supposed to just be an easy credential fix. I read every paid of this thread, put the long username and password in a dozen times, downloaded my keys and certs and reinstalled them probably 10 times, tried setting it up as expressvpn and as user defined, tried udp, tcp, nothing worked.

So I nuked everything, deleted all files and started fresh with DLing your repo. Went through the wizard and I finally got it to stop giving me the auth error and now I get this....

hUDBftq

Any ideas?

Flex to the rescue again.

Ironically I had already installed the Argon script but for whatever reason I DID shut down with PSU a few times. I bet that is what is was, My guy!

So I...

Saved my old/working Config file

I wiped and formatted the card with an SD card formatter.

Deleted the Original Libreelec File I had for shits n grins.

ReDLed and installed a fresh copy of LE with their program

Replaced the config file

Installed the SD and booted.

Now I have done this several times since first starting this media center/Pi journey. One strange thing it has done that I have mentioned before is this: EVERY SINGLE TIME I have went to put in my wifi information into the wizard, Kodi has crashed and rebooted. Every time. I have done this probably close to a dozen times now.

Well on this last go around, This did not happen. I had set up my wifi with zero problems and didnt have 1 crash or reboot.

So I went through the setup wizard without a hitch, SSHed into the pi and installed the Argon ONE script like before. Opened up my guisettings.xml file and Mute was set to false and fvolumelevel was set to 1.0000 just like it is supposed to be.

So I preceded to install the Xanax build before testing anything any further. The build installed without any hiccups and im currently streaming a movie with sound.

Thanks again for all the help, Flex. I would not have made it this far without all the little nuggets you have taught me with all this. Ill refrain from using the PSU power switch and hopefully keep this thing working just in time for the Illinois quarantine that starts in 2 hours.

Thanks, Bud!!!

Ok so plot thickens.

Just fired kodi back up for the first time since I initially got it working.

No sound....

I go back into the guisettings and volume level is set to .5 and there is no sound.

So I put it back to 1 and save. restart kodi and there is no sound.

open it back up and volume level is set to .6 and there is no sound.

reset it to 1, save and restart kodi.

Now I can not get sound again and every time I reboot, the volume level automatically resets to something below 1.

What could be making this change?

Edit, to be clear, im doing all this through SSH in the guisettings.xml file.

running nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml, changing <fvolumelevel> to 1.00 then control o to write, control x to close editor, then systemctl restart kodi to reboot.

every time I do this it changes <fvolumelevel> to a different setting.

Hey Mike,

1. login by SSH
    2. open the config file by nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
    3. scroll down to the bottom and edit the described setting
    4. write the file by key combo "Control" + "O" and press "Enter" to confirm
    5. leave the editor by key combo "Control" + "X"

I'm pretty sure that's all you need to get audio.

Flex, My Dude, Thank you so much. That worked like a charm. Audio is now working. Thanks for all the help. time to try and get some repos loaded. Thanks, man!!!

That's low! Set it to 1.000000 (max).

Remove this, because it's ignored on RPi 4B (source).

Flex, removed the the latter from the config file.

newb question, where/how do I edit that fvolumelevel?

all those outputs I cut and past were unedited by me. thats how they came.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

Im new to both the Pi and Kodi and I told myself that I was going to figure all this out on my own but after 3 weeks of very little progress, Im finally throwing in the towel. It seems literally every step of the way Im having issues. First and foremost, here is a complete list of the setup:

Pi4 4gb Ram

Argon one case

Vilros PSU with on/off

SanDisk 64GB Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card

Newest Kodi release

Ugreen HDMI

Crappy Element TV without CEC

The very first problem I had was no video on my TV. After a full day of reading and trying different things, I finally got video working with this in my config:

hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080

disable_overscan=1

framebuffer_width=1920

framebuffer_height=1080

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

hdmi_group=1

hdmi_mode=16

hdmi_ignore_cec=1

dtparam=audio=on

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

max_framebuffers=2

config_hdmi_b00st = 9

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

That Finally got video to work, but now I have no sound whatsoever.

I have read through damn near every thread with "no sound" in the title but I can not seem to come up with anything.

I added This to my config as suggested in another thread:

hdmi_drive=2

Still no dice.

Enabling passthrough does nothing.

I even switched my audio output to HDMI and Analog and plugged in some headphones and the headphones also do not have any audio.

The HDMI cable is plugged into the left port on the argon case which is the one next to the power without the case. when I put the HDMI cable into the other port, I do not get sound Or video.

I have tried playing from numerous different video sources including a movie off a thumb drive and also a movie streaming from kodi.

At this point I can not come up with any other options. I have tried every single thing I can come up with.

Anyone have any other suggestions I could try?

Thanks in advance for any help. this is driving me crazy.....

Here is a copy of the settings from my pi

<setting id="audiooutput.ac3transcode" default="true">false</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.atempothreshold" default="true">2</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.audiodevice">PI:Both</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.channels" default="true">1</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.config" default="true">2</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.dtshdpassthrough" default="true">false</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.dtspassthrough" default="true">false</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.eac3passthrough" default="true">false</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.guisoundmode" default="true">1</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.maintainoriginalvolume" default="true">true</setti>

<setting id="audiooutput.passthrough">true</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.passthroughdevice">ALSA:iec958:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0</se>

<setting id="audiooutput.processquality" default="true">30</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.samplerate" default="true">48000</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.stereoupmix" default="true">false</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.streamnoise" default="true">true</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.streamsilence" default="true">1</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.truehdpassthrough" default="true">false</setting>

<setting id="audiooutput.volumesteps" default="true">20</setting>

<audio>

<mute>false</mute>

<fvolumelevel>0.173333</fvolumelevel>

</audio>