I have isolated this issue now that I may or may not have reported here or elsewhere in one form or another, but now I can Make it happen on an Asus CN60 "at will" and Can NOT reproduce it on other hardware such as Mission One Mini PC. The trick is when I started testing with a second CN60 chrome box and was able to get the same results with a few tweaks it told me more clearly how to reproduce it.
Chromebox CN60 4GB RAM internal SSD
Procedure (exactly what I have done to reproduce the error and not all steps may be necessary) .......
- Install MrCromebox for UEFI booting
- Install Libreelec to internal SSD
- Boot to Libreelec
- Install and switch to Confluence skin (may not be required but I did this on all test systems because it is easier for me)
- In Libreelec add-on set a fixed IP address (I used 10.0.0.100 and 10.0.0.101 with identical results. I tested this mostly with 5Ghz Wifi but saw the same results with Ethernet and 2.4 Ghz Wifi)
- Set IP V6 to Auto (it seems Netflix add-on is happier this way)
- Set DNS Server to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 (may not be necessary but as I did)
- Make sure network is set to auto connect if WiFi as there is a bug in Libreelec and it may not retain this setting at first. You may need to set again after reboot
- Make Sure Firewall is disabled in. Libreelec settings
- reboot Libreelec
- Make sure Libreelec connects to Wireless if using wireless, and if not change the auto connect setting and reboot again
- Now with Libreelec running and a fixed IP address go to a computer on the LAN and initiate a continuous ping ( I believe Ping -t in Windows???) Ping to the Libreelec fixed IP.
- When Libreelec first starts there will probably be no issue, but after several minutes you will probably start to see that the ping stops getting replies from Libreelec box
- sometimes at this point if you go and create some activity on Libreelec the ping MAY start getting replied to again , but not always.
So what this means is that this MrChromebox CN60 Libreelec box with the IPTV Merge Add-on with web server enabled (or a plethora of other addons) the box becomes inaccessible as it also becomes unavailable via ssh, as a web server , etc.
It however does not seem to affect outbound connections, for instance while I can not Ping Libreelec I can access my NAS from Libreelec and can access internet based sources like Hulu, Netflix, Paramount+, Frndly TV , etc from Libreelec
I have now confirmed this on a SECOND Asus CN60 and can CONSISTENTLY reproduce the same issue.
I have also removed the internal SSD and installed to an SD card and got the same results. In fact that same SD card will NOT give me the same issue when I use it to boot the Mission One Mini PC, but will CONSISTENTLY give me the same results on two different CN60s
I am unable to reproduce similar results on a Mission One Mini PC with intel hardware and exactly the same Wireless card.
I am reporting this as a possible bug to MrChromebox too as we do not know if it is a Libreelec issue or otherwise.
I also want to note that during this diagnostic process.....
I originally tore apart my entire network infrastructure and replaced it ALL, thinking I had a switch or wireless access point failing. NONE of my network hardware; switch, router, access point remains the same but the problem on the CN60 does and also remains even when connected to Ethernet!