Use Libredelec to stream from Hauppauge HD PVR 2 gaming edition (older version)

• So if I can get a work- around for HDCP , which I have read a few solutions for, leads me to the following question...

can Libreelec support the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 so I can stream to other Libreelec Boxes?

I have a cable box on one TV and it also has a libreelec system on it. I was hoping to take Cable box output (circumventing HDCP) and connecting it to the cable box using libreelec as a host machine, to see the cable box output on my other systems by way of the network.

Is there support for the Hauppauge HD PVR2 Gaming edition and how might one make it work? If there is hardware support I think all I need is an ffmpeg addon and ffmpeg command. i think the hauppauge device itself handles encoding, so I do not believe it would be too heavy of a load.

• If your Hauppauge HD PVR 2 is capable of recording to (1) a local network drive or (2) a USB hard drive that is also accessible from the local network, then yes, you could share that you're recording, with any device, it doesn't have to be LibreELEC, that can also access the same hard drive without using ffmpeg or programming anything.

What you cannot do is connect your Hauppauge HD PVR 2 to your LibreELEC device via USB and use the LibreELEC hard drive.

• First the HDPVR 2 follows HDCP so you would need to use component video. HDMI streamers are probably a better choice.

Also there is no official Linux support for the HDPVR 2 but my HDPVR works fine with v4l on a Linux box but I never tested with LE.

Personally I suggest a full Linux that you can customization to change the module parameter and set up the proper tuning commands (I use a combination of firewire and IR blasters to control 3 STB's). I know there is a command line tool for some HD PVR 2 model that you could use for capturing but building it would be better on full Linux too.

Martin

• I have no intention of repeating the same things I already said in OP but here is one thing "So if I can get a work- around for HDCP , which I have read a few solutions for...".

Secondly what emveepee fails to recognize is that the device (by way of a host computer) is also capable of streaming to the web, and probably therefore to something like my PVR even if I have to use a go-between such as ffmpeg (available via addon) . I have no interest in using the hard drive on libreelec and no idea how you read that into my post at all.

Let me reiterate that those are NOT my issues. My issue is DRIVER SUPPORT, to say it more specifically.

Lets not make this thread about something it is not.

• Sorry I misread I thought you were thinking of the HDPVR 2 as the workaround for HDCP and weren't considering a video splitter.

I know the HDPVR family very well and they can't stream to the web directly like the HDMI network grabbers to. So yes you can pipe to another process but you'd have to pipe the command line tool to a streamer. I addressed that there is no driver support for the HDPVR 2 but there are a capture programs https://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/…nux.html#hdpvr2 that need to be compiled for Linux. If you want to use v4l as a driver you need the original HDPVR.

Martin

• Well looking again at it all, the device works for streaming to Facebook and YouTube with both the regular Hauppauge app in Windows and the standalone StreamEez (for Windows) https://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/…_streameez.html

You will notice that on that support page it says "hardware acceleration" which I take to mean hardware encoding.

Of course not interested in running it on Windows, not long ago I set up Kodi on windows and hated it the whole time

Will say again looking mostly for hardware support in Libreelec.