LE 10.95 Kodi 20 Beta .

• I have migrated an install to LE 10.95 to see what would happen and I believe I found a bug with IPTV Simple Client

I use streams from FrndlyTV as well as streams I add from iptv-org/iptv: Collection of publicly available IPTV channels from all over the world (github.com)

I use this script to login to FrndlyTV and get the channels

matthuisman/frndlytv-for-channels: Frndly TV for Channels (github.com)

I also run IPTV Merge Kodi addon to merge my customized iptv-org list and FrndlyTV list. This list is written to a NAS where it is accessed by different Kodi systems.

All worked perfectly well until Kodi 20/ LE 10.095.x

On Kodi 19 I was always able to get the highest quality streams 720P (for FrndlyTV cannels) or 1080p (with the two streams below) with no issues.

Now on Kodi 20 I get reduced resolution. (see attached screenshots of the same exact channel playing on IPTV Siple on Kodi 19.x vs Kodi 20) These screenshots were from the History Channel on Frndly TV (720P) where I first noticed the issue. You can see the difference in "resolution" in On Screen Display

Screenshots from Libreelec Generic x86-64 on Intel hardware Chrombox CN62 running Mr Chromebox

So to compare, I had the following channels in my manual list from the huge list at IPTV-ORG github These are both 1080p streams (confirmed on Kodi 19) however on Kodi 20 (on Windows and Librteelec) only reproduce at 720p

Code
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="AlJazeeraEnglish.qa" tvg-country="INT" tvg-language="English" tvg-logo="https://nologo.com/logos/AlJazeera.png" group-title="News",Al Jazeera (QA)

https://live-hls-web-aje.getaj.net/AJE/index.m3u8

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="NHKWorldJapan.jp" tvg-country="INT" tvg-language="English" tvg-logo="https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/NHK_World.svg/512px-NHK_World.svg.png" group-title="News",NHK World (JP)

https://nhkwlive-ojp.akamaized.net/hls/live/2003459/nhkwlive-ojp-en/index.m3u8

Upon additional investigation........

I installed Kodi 20/IPTV Simple on a Windows machine and found the exact same limited resolution playback (720p) so the Bug goes back to Kodi not LE. It is worth noting however if you ever post on the Kodi forum and so much as mention Libreelec you are likely to be attacked for trying to get support for LE on a Kodi forum, even if you have already found the same bug on Kodi (without LE). I therefore leave it in this forum's capable hands

I think with the above two streams on IPTV Simple , anyone can easily reproduce this bug on Kodi or on Libreelec by comparing IPTVSimple on Kodi 19 vs 20

Note the "resolution" in screenshots

• I installed Kodi 20/IPTV Simple on a Windows machine and found the exact same limited resolution playback (720p) so the Bug goes back to Kodi not LE. It is worth noting however if you ever post on the Kodi forum and so much as mention Libreelec you are likely to be attacked for trying to get support for LE on a Kodi forum, even if you have already found the same bug on Kodi (without LE). I therefore leave it in this forum's capable hands

If this is true, then why not report the Window form of the issue?

In general, to get the right developers to see an issue, report kodi issues on the kodi and libreelec issues on the libreelec forum.

• I guess you did not read my post. Doing ANYTHING that so much as MENTIONS libreelec on the Kodi forums usually results in poster being attacked. No thanks. I use Libreelec only confirmed it on Kodi 20 on windows. My bug report STANDS as I will not post any Libreelec Bug on Kodi forum even if I confirm the same problem is in Kodi on Windows. I feel no need to be attacked neither here nor there

Please READ my post next time even if you are a dev that does not justify ignorance, as it was clearly stated in my OP.

• I guess you did not read my post. Doing ANYTHING that so much as MENTIONS libreelec on the Kodi forums usually results in poster being attacked. No thanks. I use Libreelec only confirmed it on Kodi 20 on windows. My bug report STANDS as I will not post any Libreelec Bug on Kodi forum even if I confirm the same problem is in Kodi on Windows. I feel no need to be attacked neither here nor there

Please READ my post next time even if you are a dev that does not justify ignorance, as it was clearly stated in my OP.

Please READ my post.

Don't mention libreelec when reporting on the kodi forum an issue that affects kodi on windows.

Then the devs cannot attack you for using libreelec.