LIVE TV Enhancement--how to use xTeVe on LibreELEC Generic x86_64

• Lately I have been looking for ways to do things better with Live TV on LibreELEC and Kodi in General, as I have found a lot of streams that seem problematic and have been looking for ways to surmount some problems.

I found a script called xTeVe (https://github.com/xteve-project/xTeVe) , and was able to run and use the Linux x86_64 from within LibreELEC Generic x86_64. I imagine the ARM64 version might also run on Raspberry Pi 4 (?) with LibreELEC, but I also built a version for Raspberry Pi 3 that I only tested on Raspbian Stretch (not on LibreELEC) which I had wanted to attach but they frown on executable files and do not allow large enough attachments. As I recall getting the "go-lang" and all of its dependencies on the pi3 to make the build of xteve on pi 3 was not very easy and there is no Pi3 binary download.

xTeVe calls itself a "M3U Proxy for Plex DVR and Emby Live TV" . Although xTeVe says it if for Emby or Plex it can also be a HUGE benefit for live TV if you use IPTV Merge, IPTV Simple PVR Addon, or most any PVR back-end. I use nextPVR back-end. running on Raspbian Stretch on a Raspberry Pi3 , but one of my LibreELEC x86_64 boxes is now running xteve to proxy problematic content before sending it to NextPVR

xTeVe can also merge and re-stream m3u playlists and xml guide data.

You will need the ffmpeg addon installed.

I suggest once you download and unzip the file , create the folder /storage/.kodi/xteve and place the file there. Make sure it is executable.

Once you have the script installed for your platform , you need only run xteve from the command prompt. from the directory where the file is installed run ./xteve or if the file is installed in the recommended location /storage/.kodi/xteve/xteve

I suggest you eventually add the following line to /storage/.config/autostart.sh to make it start up with kodi

Code
    /storage/.kodi/xteve/xteve >/dev/null 2>&1 &

then reboot

Once running you should have a web interface available at (where IPADDRESS is the IP address of the LibreELEC system running the script) http://IPADDRESS:34400/web

This is not a tutorial how to use xteve rather is intended to increase awareness of this highly useful script. Please refer to the xteve pages for more info on how to use it.

I am not certain that ffmpeg is required to use xteve, it claims to have its own proxy internally but my results have been far better with ffmpeg. Another nice feature is its ability to spoof a User Agent string where necessary and will ( it seems) take advantage of those user agent strings found in many of the m3u files.

Log on to your LibreELEC over ssh ( where xteve is installed) and type

Code
    which ffmpeg

This will return the location of ffmpeg via the addon and you can enter this path into the "FFmpeg Binary Path:" on the settings page of xteve (oif not already detected) if you do not find the path to ffmpeg you probably need to install the addon

Good luck!