VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Latest Matrix build is here

Thanks and I'm pleased to confirm it installs and is working correctly for me on a test RPi3 running LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.80-nightly-20201202 with a User Defined Surfshark setup.

I use up/down scripts to address Libreelecs DNS leaks and these are working fine with it as well.

• Hello,

VPNsecure is not working at the moment in 6.4.1

I did see Zomboided requested some files. I provided these files in the attachment.

In previous build i had also a user.txt with password in it. In the new version not??

Thanks Fr33z3be I'll check these out over the next few days, work is in the way at the moment. I'm thinking I need to push out a new build to revert to the previous behaviour. Would you be willing to test?

• I am currently not able to install VPN Manager on my Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreELEC 9.2.6. I don't think this issue was resolved earlier ; I couldn't seem to find my exact situation using the search bar. I can provide the log file if needed.

• I am currently not able to install VPN Manager on my Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreELEC 9.2.6. I don't think this issue was resolved earlier ; I couldn't seem to find my exact situation using the search bar. I can provide the log file if needed.

Update on this: I was trying to install vpn manager from the zomboided repo, I realized this morning I could download the vpn manager zip file directly and install from that, I have 4.6.1 working and my vpn set up. So I'm good to go now.

• Hi everyone, for a month or more I have been having problems with VPN manager and Cyberghost, which I have already contacted, but they have not been able to give me answers.

When I set up the vpn with user defined (and also with wizard) I can connect to the servers and the vpn seems to be ok, the ip is actually the same as the set Italian server, the fact is that despite this, many Italian TV services are unreachable because they detect that I am outside my country.

The curious thing is that if I start openvpn from the openwrt router with the same server (s), the Italian services become reachable again. I can't understand how it is possible that the addon starts, connects to the Italian server, however, it is as if it became transparent, letting the foreign origin be detected.

I tried to change the dns on the libreelec network settings, in the part called librelec dns server, but nothing is not working ... You may be wondering, and why don't you use the openwrt router to connect to the vpn if it works? Because I want to set the vpn not on all devices but only for Libreelec and Italian TV.

Would you have a solution? Could I set values on cyberghost's openvpn configuration files? Is there any possible solution?

Thank you in advance for your support.

• Hi, i cant connect to my windscribe account with VPN manager. It says "auth-failiture" but i've checked several times and im sure that my login and password are correct. Any idea how to solve that problem? Libreelec 9.2.6 and VPN manager 6.3.7

LOG:

Edited 2 times, last by rav3k: Added code (December 14, 2020 at 7:12 PM).

• giggi_80 Cyberghost supplied the config files, e.g this commit Remove parameters from locations file by cristianaghe · Pull Request #51 · Zomboided/service.vpn.manager.providers · GitHub

If there's a problem with them, then the issue lies with their support to solve. You have a great question though, I don't know why it's so difficult for them to describe how their service works. Alternatively, you could look at how the router is being set up, what parameters are being used and make your own ovpn file and then suck it into VPN Mgr using the User Defined wizard. Requires some effort/knowledge though for sure.

rav3k I'd need to see an example ovpn file from the Windscribe website here so I can compare with their latest. PM it to me.

• giggi_80 Cyberghost supplied the config files, e.g this commit Remove parameters from locations file by cristianaghe · Pull Request #51 · Zomboided/service.vpn.manager.providers · GitHub

If there's a problem with them, then the issue lies with their support to solve. You have a great question though, I don't know why it's so difficult for them to describe how their service works. Alternatively, you could look at how the router is being set up, what parameters are being used and make your own ovpn file and then suck it into VPN Mgr using the User Defined wizard. Requires some effort/knowledge though for sure.

rav3k I'd need to see an example ovpn file from the Windscribe website here so I can compare with their latest. PM it to me.

Hi Zomboided, thanks for the support. I know what you say, every time I ask for support they say nothing other than what is already on the web, they say they can only provide support for the app but not for other devices like libreelec. I saw the file you attached, could you tell me how to use it to try to solve? Alternatively there would be a guide to create a custom openvpn (for example with specifics dns. and certificates)? Unfortunately I am not an expert and I have difficulties in configuring the files I am a simple lover of computers.

Thanks again for your support :)

• giggi_80 I'm sorry, I'm not about to do the job of CyberGhost's support, there is not enough time in the day. What they're telling you is that they don't support openvpn natively. Go read the trouble shooting section on running via the command line and then ask them why they won't support openvpn directly using an ovpn file you've donwloaded from their site...

What's irritating is that they claim they don't support anything but their app, but contribute the definitions in GitHub (clearly without bothering to test them). If they won't support you, find a provider that will.

I've send you a PM.

• Fr33z3be I've changed VPNSecure using the files you changed and the previous ovpn shared.

You'll need to be on 6.4.2 which I've not pushed to the repo because of some annoying minor Matrix bugs I need to fix, but you can get here

If it doesn't work, please share a log

• Thanks rav3k, I've made an update, you should get notified in the addon to pick it up.

Thanks for your trying but again i cant connect...

• I'm struggling to get Windscribe set up. It keeps failing although my openVPN username and password is definitely correct.

I note above that a new version has been pushed out, but I can't seem to update and I'm stuck on 6.3.7

Any help much appreciated.