tvheadend, ATSC and epg...

• I'm having issues with the epg and zap2epg. I finally got the zap2epg running and mapped it back to the channels after discovering that zap2xml was broken and my epg was empty. However, now when I click on a show in the TVHeadend EPG and click record series, every single show in the EPG is selected to record. I mean everything. The only work around I've figured out is to create a manual recurring autorecord entry.

I'm running a RPi3 with LE 8.0.2, TVH 4.2.2-32 with Zap2EPG 0.3.0

• OK - I've figured out a way to create the OTA subchannel number (that is missing from the current data source) and append it to the xmltv data. I'm going to include this as an option in the next release. I also have added a function to match channel numbers in tvh and pull the service names and add those into the xmltv file. This allows tvheadend to automatically map the epg source for each channel (that has a match) eliminating another step in the setup process. This is currently a function for OTA lineups only as I don't have a way to test and build cable channels (and they probably name match already).

Both of these features don't necessarily help users that have already manually setup their system - but should be very beneficial to new users.

Before I update this release - are there any other functions that anyone would like to see? I think I am ready to more broadly publish after this.

Thanks again for all who have provided feedback! I'm one step closer to building an affordable and simple to install DVR setup. My next step will be to combine my different addons and create a simple DVR setup wizard that will install/enable the necessary addons, scan channels and add lineup & epg data. :)

• Thanks again for all who have provided feedback! I'm one step closer to building an affordable and simple to install DVR setup. My next step will be to combine my different addons and create a simple DVR setup wizard that will install/enable the necessary addons, scan channels and add lineup & epg data. :)

Sounds promising! I'll continue to check your work! Nice stuff! Thanks for your work!

• New update! This version adds a function/option to get the channels from tvheadend and append the subchannel number and service name to the xmltv file. For new setups, this should create an automated matching/setup of the epg source in tvheadend for the OTA (broadcast/antenna) lineups. This function/option is ignored for cable lineups.

Here you go and thank you for testing!

Releases · edit4ever/script.module.zap2epg · GitHub

--- update note: I updated the github release to 0.5.1 - this added a cleanup in the xtra details downloads that should speed up errors due to failed downloads. If you happened to have grabbed the 0.5.0 release before I updated to 0.5.1, you can just redownload and update. Please note that the release will still say 0.5.0 in kodi.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (November 20, 2017 at 4:20 AM).

• Thank you for your work on this addon. I confess I've just discovered it! I am trying to get v0.5.2 to work on LE 8.2.1. When I "Run zap2epg and Update Guide Data" from the LE addon page I get an error and the log is below:

Any help in what I am doing wrong is greatly appreciated!

• Thank you. Yes, I am able to access that site and my local TV listings in a browser. I also verified I can access other online streams to eliminate the possibility it is the internet connection. I still get the same error.

Many thanks though. I'm moving my TvHeadEnd server from a Linux box (being retired after 12 years) to a LE box. So I'm somewhat familiar with TvH. I feel I'm just one step away from solving this!

Thanks!

• ScotyBro - If I'm right, you have a username/password setup on your tvheadend system and for some reason it is not reading that info from the tvh client (maybe you don't have it installed on this system). You can manually enter that info in the zap2epg addon settings.

My code should deal with that - but I think I missed something. Please try entering your user/pass for tvh and see if zap2epg runs.

In the meantime, I'll check the error in my code. Thanks!

• Yes! That worked perfectly. I'll confess I'm on my way out the door for a long week away so I can't test it too much but it generated a xmltv file and TvH sees it fine.

Prior to this, I did use a username and password for zap2xml.pl. I did not see anywhere in your script to enter this info, but in the latest version, it didn't matter and ran just fine.

Again, I sincerely appreciate your efforts into this script. You made something incredibly complicated seem a little easier!

Scott

ETA - Yes, a user/pass on TvH as well. I was reading too fast. Yes, I created a user just for this but perhaps I didn't have to?