Posts by cloudfire

I'm having a unique problem with the EPG and zap2epg. I don't actually know if its a TvH problem or zap2epg. One of the primary digital OTA channels in my line up is being grouped with the secondary channel. 19.1 was missing from the "Electronic Program Guide" tab on TvH. I looked at the TvH Configuration tab under "EPG Grabber Channels" and it is listed as 19.2. I manually edited it and unchecked 19.2 and checked 19.1 and reran zap2epg. Now 19.1 shows up on the "Electronic Program Guide" tab but when I set up an autorec for a program on that channel, the autorec gets set for 19.2.

Any ideas?

zip: 35802

LibreElec 8.2.5

TvH Build: 4.3-1251 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.2.444

zap2epg 1.0.0

edit4ever I had the old zap2xml originally enabled but I disabled it when I installed zap2epg, which I enabled and remapped the epg grabber channels to. I also deleted the epg grabber channel mappings from the zap2xml addon.

I just re-ran the epg grabber from the TVHeadend EPG page refresh button and got the Communication error and the log below from TVHeadend. It seems to be grabbing information from the xml file but not displaying it in the EPG page? The log also lists several upcoming recordings but they also do not show up in the "Upcoming / Current recordings" Page

This seems to run and download the info but I get an error message from TVHeadend labeled "EPG Update" that says "Communication failure" and the EPG Screen remains blank on TVHeadend. From the TVHeadend log file, it looks like TVHeadend crashes and reboots. The XMLTV.xml file looks good and the log file from Zap2Epg looks complete but TVHeadend doesn't seem to load the xml file.

I'm running an RPi3 with LibreElec 8.0.2, TVHeadend 4.2.2-32, with Zap2EPG 6.2 using HDHomerun Connect as the Tuner.

I'm having issues with the epg and zap2epg. I finally got the zap2epg running and mapped it back to the channels after discovering that zap2xml was broken and my epg was empty. However, now when I click on a show in the TVHeadend EPG and click record series, every single show in the EPG is selected to record. I mean everything. The only work around I've figured out is to create a manual recurring autorecord entry.

I'm running a RPi3 with LE 8.0.2, TVH 4.2.2-32 with Zap2EPG 0.3.0

Thanks for the info. This explains a lot. I don't have my RPi3 hooked to a TV, only to my router. I access the TvH through the webpage to schedule recordings and make changes. Basically I have it setup as a network DVR that I pull the recordings from and watch elsewhere.

I've been following this very closely and really appreciate edit4ever's effort to get the epg grabber working. I'm using an RPi3 running LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA with TvH 4.1.2236 and a HDHR Connect tuner. I had issues with the update to Screenertv.com with the season and episode numbers but the 0.5.0 update fixed it. I'm curious how the additional elements affect the EPG in TvH. Can you explain a little what these are for and how I would use them?

Thanks again for the effort!

So, I have a 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive plugged into one of the USB ports but it only helps a little. I've found that I am actually getting a poor connection between the RPi and the HDHR Connect (digital noise and freeze frames). I'm wondering if this is because I'm using a wireless adapter on the HDHR Connect and connecting wirelessly with the RPi as well. I'm going to try to connect the two to the router to see if it helps. If not, I think I may have run this to the ground and I'm not using the right hardware to do what I'm trying to accomplish.

I've been lurking in the shadows reading the forum posts and I'm so close to getting everything working, I can feel it! But I'm running into a recording issue. First, here's my setup:
    I've got a Raspberry Pi 3 running LibreElec 7.0.2, TVHeadend Backend 4.2, HDHomerun Connect TV Tuner, Zap2XML 0.4 EPG all running on a Sandisk Ultra Class 10 32GB microSD card. I live in the U.S. so I had to manually enter my MUX frequencies since the ATSC-T split messed up the scanning profiles. I finally go the Zap2XML EPG working and I have attempted 3 different scheduled recordings over the last few days. Every recording has gone to the Failed Recordings tab because of too many errors (over 230,000). I've downloaded the recordings to my PC and they have a lot of frozen frames and major pixelizing. When I play live tv on the RPi3 itself, there is none of that.

Am I getting all these errors because I'm trying to record to the SD Card? Would it help to have a powered USB hub with an external hard drive to record to?

I've been trying to get a PVR solution to work ever since I cut the cord a few years back and I'm really trying to avoid buying the $400 Tivo solution since I feel like I can make this work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!