remote.conf repository

• Where is this, how will I find it? and what should I do?

you can either get the remote.conf from your android box or create/edit another

Create remote.conf from scratch

you need to ssh in to your box, I use coreftplite, copy the remote.conf & edit using notepad, save the original

there is a list of remotes you can copy & edit

remote.conf repository

your android remote could be somewhere in the etc folder, but I am not sure, or it's in \storage\config

when you have created the remote.conf save it to \storage\config & reboot the box

• Can you power on the box with the remotes? I have the same box and remotes, but I can not power on the box.

I also want the power button of the mx3 remote to do nothing, because sometimes my son press that button by accident and than the box powers off. I have tried everything but maybe it is just not possible...

• Can you power on the box with the remotes? I have the same box and remotes, but I can not power on the box.

I also want the power button of the mx3 remote to do nothing, because sometimes my son press that button by accident and than the box powers off. I have tried everything but maybe it is just not possible...

I have a H96 Pro NOT PLUS. My remote looks the same, I can turn the box on & off with the red button

Yes with this remote.conf I can. With both remotes.

• zed85: can you please confirm which LE version are you using because for me, with 8.2.2.3. from kszaq running from SC card, your remote.conf does not power the box on using the red button :( I have tried all 3 conf files from this thread with the same result, both for the original remote and the MX3 backlit version

Edited 3 times, last by tyrol_gangster (January 9, 2018 at 11:03 AM).

• zed85: can you please confirm which LE version are you using because for me, with 8.2.2.3. from kszaq running from SC card, your remote.conf does not power the box on using the red button :( I have tried all 3 conf files from this thread with the same result, both for the original remote and the MX3 backlit version

Yes I'm running 8.2.2.3 on the H96 Pro Plus. The given remotes work.

• zed85: Thanks. Sorry to be a pain but could you please confirm whether you run it from SD card or internal? There must be SOMETHING different about our setups other than the remote.conf file :( Could the original device firmware play any role in this? My box is the 4K 'branded' H96 Pro+ as per your picture, 3/32GB version from geekbuying. Just to be sure - when you power the device off does it shutdown or go to standby (the red led)? For me, the standby option - which was the default in Android - is greyed out in LE so I can't even try if the remote would at least wake it from there.

• zed85: Thanks. Sorry to be a pain but could you please confirm whether you run it from SD card or internal? There must be SOMETHING different about our setups other than the remote.conf file :( Could the original device firmware play any role in this? My box is the 4K 'branded' H96 Pro+ as per your picture, 3/32GB version from geekbuying. Just to be sure - when you power the device off does it shutdown or go to standby (the red led)? For me, the standby option - which was the default in Android - is greyed out in LE so I can't even try if the remote would at least wake it from there.

Running from SD card now. When I use installtointernal to install Libreelec on internal memory from H96 Pro Plus, I can boot from internal a few times... The next day I get a system error.

• My last post got deleted, perhaps because it had a link to a picture of my box/remote km8 pro?

Everything I read is saying to put the remote.conf file in a /.config/ folder but that path doesn't exist on my [8.2.2.3] LibreELEC setup on the km8 pro.

When I go in via windows I can see \\MYIP\Configfiles\rc_keymaps but putting a remote.conf file in there does nothing.

• There is no storage folder when going in via windows...only as per attached screenshot.

It´s the Linux path connected to the box

Your picture shows smb shares

/storage/.config is mapped to smb \\<ipfrombox\Configfiles

I recommend ssh connection and edit remote.conf with Linux editor vi or nano