remote.conf repository

• Hi,

I’m new here. Can you help me, please, with a Minix Z64A remote control. It is the most basic control of Minix. After installing LibreElec on a flash drive, everything is fine, except the remote control. I can’t get my remote to work at all. Can you help me with this problem. What is the correct “remote.config” file for this IR Remote, and the correct procedure to make it work?

Thank you!

Rui

• Hi,

I’m new here. Can you help me, please, with a Minix Z64A remote control. It is the most basic control of Minix. After installing LibreElec on a flash drive, everything is fine, except the remote control. I can’t get my remote to work at all. Can you help me with this problem. What is the correct “remote.config” file for this IR Remote, and the correct procedure to make it work?

Thank you!

This has a 2.4ghz dongle? it should just work. There could be interference from your 2.4 wifi band, try turning wifi off

• No it doesn't have a dongle.

I found a file in android directory of the box (Android KitKat) called minix-remotectl.kl, and it's like this:

key 28 ENTER

key 116 POWER WAKE

key 158 BACK

key 139 MENU

key 217 SEARCH

key 232 DPAD_CENTER

key 108 DPAD_DOWN

key 103 DPAD_UP

key 102 HOME

key 105 DPAD_LEFT

key 106 DPAD_RIGHT

key 115 VOLUME_UP

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN

key 113 VOLUME_MUTE

key 402 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE

key 88 MEDIA_NEXT

key 87 MEDIA_PREVIOUS

key 141 SETTINGS

Does it help?

• see my post in the CE forum. I read both forums, but just reply in the CE forum, that is where the guide is, as you know.

• Anything in a Mega share controlled by one person is a "personal archive" not a "public repository" so we should avoid sticky links. Put the content in GitHub or similar and you have version control, the ability for others to contribute changes and new device content, and you can share the ownership and long-term management of the repo with others (less work for you, and others). If you restructure the repo using device-tree names or something similarly programmatic (but still simple for users to follow) instead of the multi-level A-Z format it becomes possible and easy to consume the content within distros which can make it easier for users.

• Hello community . Does anyone have a remote.confg for the ZOOMTAK. Thanks in advanced

First time poster...spent about a week working on one for the Zoomtak T8 Plus using the LibreELEC-n200-AP6330_2G.arm-9.2.8.3.img.gz software image. First on SD card then to internal storage replacing factory Android 4.x.x.

Just missing Setup, Zoom, AV/V, Audio & 16:9.

I'm curious about the remote code numbers like 116=poweroff(although I'm using 20) and 113=mute. They look like they can go 400+ but the Linux/LibreElec list is only 40. Through pure random entering I found 10 sec/min skip forward/backward and mapped those to the colour buttons. Are they specific to the boxes?

• Hello All,

I picked up this remote due to its simple design and tried searching for the config without success. Would anyone happen to have the remote configuration for this remote? The description for this remote is as follows.

Original Replacement Remote Control - Android TV Box Controller for H96 MAX, MX10,MXQ, MXQ Pro,T95M, T95N. T95Q. T9. T95X mx9 H96 pro+ tx3mini tx3max x96mini X96 x96max (H)

51MD8GcO-4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Some IR remote controls generate two different scan codes for the same key (when you repeat pushing it). Check with ir-keytable -t command if that's your case. Then you need to add both scan codes for the appropriate command to keymap file (so it should contain two lines for each command).

• multiple key presses

Adding those keys also to the repeat_key section should do the trick. Example:

Code
    repeat_key_begin
        0x17 114 # KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
        0x18 115 # KEY-VOLUMEUP
    repeat_key_end

Once it's working as should, maybe submit the file via github or post it here and I'll add it to the repository so you don't have to do this again and it's available to other users.

• Hi I installed libreelec on the T95Z max S912 box but cant get remote to work. Anyone has a working remote.conf file for this? And it has to be placed in the configuration directory, right?

Dont know if it matters, but I have another box with coreelec installed on it and also the remote.conf file for it. While that works on Coreelec, I tried copying it on the LE system but that doesnt work.