S802 devices

• I'm using your 7.02.2 mate
    When I ssh into it there is no .config in storage? Should I create the .config folder and drop remote config in there?
    I did find a config folder in etc to which I dropped the remote conf file in there however this didn't work

.config is a hidden folder, you need to activate "show hidden folder" in settings-appearance

• .config is a hidden folder, you need to activate "show hidden folder" in settings-appearance

thanks for your help however this still doesnt work,.config wont appear in storage im completely stuck
    is there any chance someone who has a working a standard remote uploading a tar file/

• gazrob
    The .config folder is to 100% in the storage folder. All files and folders with a leading dot are hidden on posix systems. If you wanna see them, you can use ie. "ls -la /storage". For more info rtfm (man ls).

Edited once, last by drieschel (August 19, 2016 at 7:16 PM).

• gazrob
    The .config folder is to 100% in the storage folder. All files and folders with a leading dot are hidden on posix systems. If you wanna see them, you can use ie. "ls -la /storage". For more info rtfm (man ls).

ok mate thats exactly it,the ones with a dot before arent showing only
    lost and found
    music
    pictures
    screenshots
    tv shows
    videos

i know im missing
    .cache
    .config
    .kodi
    .ssh
    .update

sorry i dont understand what you mean by to see them? is that a command of some sort to type in somewhere?
    i know its me guys ive flashed loads of different roms before but never had to replace remote configs so i appreciate the patience and help :)
    ill get there in the end lol
    [hr]

The .config folder has to be there.

What folders do you actually see in /storage?

yes mate its got me baffled too lol, but its definitely not there
    ive replied to dreischel regarding what is and isnt there
    cheers
    gaz

Edited once, last by gazrob (August 19, 2016 at 7:30 PM).

• Alternative method:

Open a windows explorer window and in the address bar type

\\192.168.x.xx

Use the box's real IP address, obviously.

You'll see a list of samba shares, one of which is 'Configfiles'.
    Click on that and it takes you to /storage/.config

• Alternative method:

Open a windows explorer window and in the address bar type

Use the box's real IP address, obviously.

You'll see a list of samba shares, one of which is 'Configfiles'.
    Click on that and it takes you to /storage/.config

got the remote working guys :) thanks

• Hi All, new here and just made the switch to LE from OE.

My box is a square M8. Flashed to NAND worked perfectly and everything seems to be working fine with the exception of CEC.

I do not use the original remote anymore and use my TV remote... In OE I never had any problems but in LE CEC works when the box is first booted up but if left for a period of time it stops... Same happens when you are streaming and have not used the remote for a while.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers, Adam

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Yes it should work! I will add the M8 device to the project so I can make a build for it where also the remote control will work.

Edit: I included the M8 device in the project and made a build you can download here! Feedback is much appreciated.
    Edit2: And source can be viewed here!

Please ignore my request...in one of the posts there is a link to remote.conf...if you right click save it...it doesn't actually save the remote.conf...it saves the info for github into remote.conf lol.
    You have to actually click the link...and copy the text...lol..or that was my experience.

Everything working fine.

I need to look through the forum more, but wanted to let you know upon installation the remote control doesn't work.
    I saw a snippet about modifying a remote control file, but that didn't seem to work.

I will start searching the forum to see if I can find where someone has fixed this already.

I went back and read this thread...tried the reomte.conf but no luck. It's the M8 with 2gb, square, blue triangle.
    Remote worked with openelec and is the orignal remote that came with the box.

I put remote.conf in .config

Edited once, last by Crackerboy (August 22, 2016 at 2:21 PM).

• Just upgrade from OE to LE 7.0.2-2 for my MX-III 2GB and finally it's possible to save the IP assigned over reboot...
    Befre 7.0.2-2 i tried with the latest 8 build but CEC doesn't works at all with my philips tv. thanks!

• Yes it should work! I will add the M8 device to the project so I can make a build for it where also the remote control will work.

Edit: I included the M8 device in the project and made a build you can download here! Feedback is much appreciated.
    Edit2: And source can be viewed here!

Hiya..
    Sorry been a long time, i actually just tried this on my TRMK1 M8 box.
    All is good except no wifi.

Anything i can do or try to get that working?

Cheers
    Deez

• Did not work.. please see screenshot
    using putty on win10 machine.

Hmm. Can you check the path manually? Start with /sys/bus/sdio/devices/ and use the path auto completion (tab). You could also check /sys/bus/sdhc... but I never had one with sdhc yet. If that doesn't work, we need more infos about the wifi chip. You could open the box and check which wifi chip is inside.

PS: Maybe someone knows a better way to figure out which chip is in the box.

Edited once, last by drieschel (August 29, 2016 at 10:50 PM).