[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Yes this page includes a lot of information for remotes. In this page, there is a suggestion about the way to use multiple remotes at the same time. I tried without success, because only the last one is taking into account. If someone knows a trick to do that, it could be useful.
    For example, I would like to change the remote, to use one with more buttons. But the power button, for power ON, is always the button of the initial remote. Is it hard coded, or related to uboot ?

So I would like to put in my Harmony remote two version of the power button : the original one for power on, and the new one for power down, after the remote.conf was read.

Here's page, shorter, but with a more precise information on XX and YY (the logical inverse) :
    Remote control configuration for Libreelec on Amlogic Socs | Micro Devices

• Strange thing just happened to my
    TX5 Pro s905x 2gb/16gb with Qualcomm QCA9377
    LE Internal 7.0.3.012h

Red light on but not turning on via remote or un plugging power supply and re plugging to power.

Red light comes on and stays on when power is connected.

Tried Android SD Card firmware using toothpick recovery method with no results except red standby light.

My first Bricked box. :idea: I've never bricked a box in years of testing , not even an all black MXQ S805.

[hr]

I just have the USB Tool open and the box is recognised immediately when i insert USB .
    I chose the image and it errors 7% into the flash with errors.

Amlogic Burning results.2017.02.16-21.txt (Size: 24.74 KB / Downloads: 19)

[hr]

Supplier asked for me to send them back to "Shenzhen Sally" who will get her Engineer "Hong Kong Harry"
    to tell me what happened? I will report back

Hong Kong Harry just replied advising HARDWARE FAILURE on both boxes.
    Replacements on the way. So all efforts to flash back to Android were not going to work.

Hope this helps people with the same errors in the future.

Edited once, last by kostaman (March 20, 2017 at 11:48 PM).

• Yes this page includes a lot of information for remotes. In this page, there is a suggestion about the way to use multiple remotes at the same time. I tried without success, because only the last one is taking into account. If someone knows a trick to do that, it could be useful.
    For example, I would like to change the remote, to use one with more buttons. But the power button, for power ON, is always the button of the initial remote. Is it hard coded, or related to uboot ?

So I would like to put in my Harmony remote two version of the power button : the original one for power on, and the new one for power down, after the remote.conf was read.

Here's page, shorter, but with a more precise information on XX and YY (the logical inverse) :
    Remote control configuration for Libreelec on Amlogic Socs | Micro Devices

Have you seen this topic? If two remotes are enough for you then there is a solution.

• So I would like to put in my Harmony remote two version of the power button : the original one for power on, and the new one for power down

I've probably misunderstood the issue but, you can already use different commands for PowerOn and PowerOff with the Harmony remotes.
    Learn the PowerToggle Button from remote two to remote one and name it PowerOff.

• Have you seen this topic? If two remotes are enough for you then there is a solution.

Looks very interesting. I'll try it. It could be an easy way to extend the number of buttons with a Harmony remote.

I've probably misunderstood the issue but, you can already use different commands for PowerOn and PowerOff with the Harmony remotes.
    Learn the PowerToggle Button from remote two to remote one and name it PowerOff.

You're right, my sentence was not clear (even for me, after reading it again :dodgy: ). I mixed two different problems.
    The first one is to use two remotes at the same time. And the post above could be the solution.
    And the second problem is the power on key, that stick to the original remote. And it will be the case even if I declare two remotes, as configuration is only set after poweron.

If I command from Harmony, you're right, I can learn to Harmony the two power buttons. And with harmony remote, it could be even better to have a power on separated from power off.
    The real problem occurs when I don't have the harmony (use the box in another place, give the box to someone else). If I give the new remote, it will not be possible to power on (only off). Not a big deal, but it could cleaner if I was able the change the default setting.

Edited once, last by Vette (March 21, 2017 at 10:30 PM).

• If I command from Harmony, you're right, I can learn to Harmony the two power buttons

You can use one button for power on and off. Register second remote for using with Harmony and learn power button from the original one.
    Also I would recommend cheap universal remote SONY RM-VLZ620

• How does one find out weather a box has 1 or 2 gb in android settings? I need to know before I flash LE. It's a T95m 4K

EDIT: I went with calling it a S905X and no device tree and everything is fine.

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (March 26, 2017 at 10:55 PM).

A couple of things I do not like though that is IMHO not as good as on the other box I have the MXQ M12CX S905X. Firstly and a minor gripe is that the reset hole in the base is way too small as it won't accomodate even a normal wooden toothpick and that means I have to use a metal pin or needle and I hate poking any metal objects into the box as you never know whether it will short and damage the box without knowing the layout inside.

Hi Ray, here is the inside of a Beelink Mini MXIII II. As you can see the reset button is far away from anything.

• Hi Ray, here is the inside of a Beelink Mini MXIII II. As you can see the reset button is far away from anything.

Hey thanks a lot Ed. I really did not want to open my box unless I really had to so this is a great relief to see a metal needle is safe to use for the reset button. Nice lot of heat sink paste they use it seems from your photo so this is clearly one of the numerous reasons why many here seem to praise this box, and it does run a lot cooler (10C less) than my MXQ M12CX S905X box. I am very happy with it I have to say but wish they would use an external WiFi antenna and a brighter front power on indicator led. Other than that I see no point in buying any other boxes as the 2G/16G package price is very good for what you get with this box. And has no problems at all with the latest 8.0.1b either. I will be using this box now and recommending it to my KODI box user contacts.

• I have 4 A95x units and have flashed them and they are working perfectly. Many thanks, really great work. If you have a link, I'd like to buy you a coffee.

• It would most likely not boot at all (failing to initialize the ram). You can try it without harm on a microsd card.

So what would be the advantage of using a device tree on a s905x box then? I read that you don't need to add a device tree you can just use the included one if you like.