[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi kszaq,

I see you"ve updated the device tree. I run LE 7/ 7.0.3.012j with device tree from 23.01.2017. It's there something new if I update the device tree only?

• Kodi 16 and Libreelec 7 have no active development beyond fixing of critical bugs. Is there anything lacking from Libreelec 7 on your device?

Active development continues on Libreelec 8 with Kodi 17 for S805, S905 and S905X (and lately, S912 in alpha with some serious hacks.)

In my opinion, there is no reason to even consider a S912 box...

• mmpp is 100% correct. In my opinion Jarvis builds are almost 100% working and I am backporting hardware-related fixes from time to time.

If you want a new box, get S905 or S905X. Do not buy S912. My S912 builds are a proof that it's possible, not something recommended to use.

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 5, 2017 at 2:13 PM).

• mmpp is 100% correct. In my opinion Jarvis builds are almost 100% working and I am backporting hardware-related fixes from time to time.

If you want a new box, get S905 or S905X. Do not buy S912. My S912 builds are a proof that it's possible, not something recommended to use.

I am using your latest Kodi 16/Libreelec 7 with a MXQ 4K Pro (S905).

Is there any reason or even recommendation (from you) to use Kodi 17/Libreelec 8 (on a S905 box) or should we rather stay on Kodi 16/Libreelec 7?

Are there pros and cons for Libreelec 8, even regarding addon support?

• I startet with Eden in 2012.
    You remember Frodo, Gotham, Helix and Isengard ?
    They are all out of development, Jarvis too.

Now it´s the time of Krypton in the future it will be Leia.

• Hi Ed. Thanks for the confidence booster for my getting a Beelink S905X box in to try. And yes I am well up and running with the device tree options, and yes am aware that for this Beelink box I have on order I will need the S905X one for 2GB boxes.

I will try the remote for the Beelink from the remote repository here and if needed can remap it to what I prefer. My MXQ box now has for example the @ button mapped for direct play/pause, the Home button does as it should and I have the other two redundant buttons on bottom left and right for PageDown and PageUp. Must upload that in the remote repository for the MXQ M12CX box and many others that seem to use this same remote from the numerous Shinningworth produced boxes like the Enybox X1 I now have on test.

Cheers
    RayW
    [hr]

Just a note to say the Enybox X1 1GB/8GB S905X box works perfectly with the latest 12j version of LE7.

There are though two small but annoying problems relating to the front panel on the Enybox. One is that the blue light stays blue all the time, even when shut down or in suspend mode, which is unlike the MXQ M12CX which changes to Red. Secondly there is a front panel clock display on this box, which as I expected only works in Android (which I really detest and won't use) and not in LE7.

The build quality of this Enybox X1 box IMHO looks and feels a little inferior to the MXQ M12CX box, though likely that the mainboard will be the same Shinningworth produced board in both boxes as indeed the remote is also identical. So overall this makes the MXQ M12CX still my current box of choice as now it has absolutely no problems and runs mega fast, smooth, and truly like a dream with the latest LE7. Pity it is so difficult to source still as a great value for money box that really works.

Also the new Enybox X1 has the same temporary loss of OSD controls as the MXQ M12CX box when running up a video stream if the Vertical sync is enabled. Of course easily fixed by staying with the default setting for the Vertical Sync option of "Let The Driver Decide"

Cheers
    RayW

Edited once, last by RayW (March 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM).

• kszaq
    I can finally reproduce a situation when audio goes out of sync.
    Happens mostly with AAC and sometimes AC3 sound after pausing the video for a couple of minutes.
    Step back to rewind video fixes this issue but it would be great not to do that :)
    I'm using an advancedsettings file:

In the changelog of version "i" is information about audio delay for 24p videos: "use standard advancedsettings.xml from LE (includes 175ms audio delay for ~24fps videos)".
    Well, without advancedsettings and command <rate>24</rate><delay>0</delay> all my videos are out of sync.
    Anyway, this should not have an effect on videos that go out of sync after pausing.

• I'm sorry but I will not change anything related to audio/video playback in 7.0 builds. One reason is that there is always someone who reports issues with their setup and it's impossible to make it work for everyone. Second reason is that Jarvis is almost 1 year old and no longer developed.

Like I said before, any updates to my 7.0 builds will be hardware-related fixes.

• I'm sorry but I will not change anything related to audio/video playback in 7.0 builds.

Thank God for that. I just Update through the Alphabet Versions waiting for something Bad to happen. I don't seem to have a lot of these issues reported by some. I just update to see what happens.

My only issue is all my S905 Chip boxes DONT freeze anymore using temperature sensor ENABLED. HA! ;)

Hi Kszaq,

I'm running [7.0.3.012j] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X on my S905 devices right now.
    Do you advice to step over to 8.0.0e right now? I don't think the mentioned issues in post #1 are a problem for me.

Thank you!

• Hi Kszaq,

I'm running [7.0.3.012j] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X on my S905 devices right now.
    Do you advice to step over to 8.0.0e right now? I don't think the mentioned issues in post #1 are a problem for me.

Thank you!

Five minutes ago I went from the latest 7 to the latest 8 and everything was running fine.

Even my skin AppTV (I love simple minimalistic styles) was working immediately.

Estuary looks fine, but is just not showing enough or showing too much. I reduced the list on the left side (navigation), but AppTV is still nicer, I think. :)

• So got a new MXQ PRO 4K (p212 - s905x) in today for the basement. Upstairs box is also MXQ Pro 4K --- new one on libreelec comes up with no wireless.
    Tried both 1g device trees. Still has android on it ... and I knew there was a program that would give you all the hardware info. I assume a new wireless chip inside....anyone know what app that is that shows the hardware info?

• I assume a new wireless chip inside....anyone know what app that is that shows the hardware info?

Try ssh issue below and see results.

Code
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

Also try

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    find /tmp/system -name *.ko
  • /tmp/system/lib/8188eu.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8188fu.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8189es.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8189fs.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8192es.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8192eu.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8723bs.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8812au.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/9082xs.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/audio_data.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/dhd.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/dwc3.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/dwc_otg.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mali.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mt7601usta.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mt7603usta.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mtprealloc.ko
    [hr]

Or did you mean when the device is running Android?? That was running libreelec.

Edited once, last by CanBert (March 11, 2017 at 4:54 AM).