[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Does anyone no how to fix a issue where playback is zoomed on the top left of the image?
    Beelink mxmini iii 2gb 16gb

When I had that problem resetting LE from System --> LibreELEC --> Reset solved it for me, but then I had to reconfigure everything from scratch again.

• Hi,

I have a tiny question. For the moment being, I'd like to keep librelec on a usb drive and keep my Ki plus dual boot. But rebooting to nand always lead to reboot in librelec.

What could be preventing the system from booting in Android OS while leaving the LibreELEC usb drive plugged in my Ki plus?

Thanks!

Edited once, last by candien (February 1, 2017 at 5:41 PM).

• I really want to kiss you! After my S905x Box was basically an overpowered sluggish Android your build transformed it into a rocket.

However, before I donate to you your coffee which is definitly due, is it possible to add MPEG-DASH or inputstream? Neither your KODI 16.1 nor the 17.0 build contain it which limits the box to 720p in some apps and my Magine-Account will not work because the app is constantly crying for this lib.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 1, 2017 at 8:58 PM).

• From all I have read and done here as a relative newbie I can say confidently that you must not change tree file name to dtb.img for updating. Just put the correct downloaded DTB file into the Update folder AS IS along with the build and reboot.

You only change the correct and relevent DTB file to DTB.IMG on the prepped bootable Libreelec SD card, so repeat do not change the name when copying to the update folder prior to rebooting.

Cheers
    RayW

Hi,
    I did that put dtb file and update tar and reboot ,now i get error as attached picture no libreelec is showing?cant access recovery to using tooth pick.what do i do now,i have 2 box same thing happened.
    I just get s905x splash screen,even using usb burning tool,flash stops after 5 percent.pls help.i had libreelec installed into internal in these box and was working except audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by ram.khakurel (February 1, 2017 at 7:42 PM).

• I really want to kiss you! After my S905x Box was basically an overpowered sluggish Android your build transformed it into a rocket.

However, before I donate to you your coffee which is definitly due, is it possible to add MPEG-DASH or inputstream? Neither your KODI 16.1 nor the 17.0 build contain it which limits the box to 720p in some apps and my Magine-Account will not work because the app is constantly crying for this lib.

You probably need to install inputstream.adaptive addon from LE repo. This will only work in Kodi 17.
    [hr]

Hi,
    I did that put dtb file and update tar and reboot ,now i get error as attached picture no libreelec is showing?cant access recovery to using tooth pick.what do i do now,i have 2 box same thing happened.
    I just get s905x splash screen,even using usb burning tool,flash stops after 5 percent.pls help.i had libreelec installed into internal in these box and was working except audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have probably chosen a wrong device tree. That's why I recommend to try running from SD card first and check if everything works... You should probably be still able to run LE from SD card. Run in and perform  installtointernal after verifying that everything works.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 1, 2017 at 9:02 PM).

• Have updated my MXQ M12CX S905X 1g/8G box now to 012g and all is good except the old problem I have had with all the S905X V7 builds (starting as I did with 012c) of the delay in getting remote control access back after running up some video streams, particualrly noticeable with the TV catchup add-ons where they use an inbuilt dedicated proxy. The new version 012f and 012g are much better with much shorter delays in returning control to now usually only a few seconds, and it does not usually end up needing a power down reboot after skipping forward and/or back as was the case with those TV catchup add-ons I of course sadly cannot name here.

So it still seems that the slower the stream from my end to the distant end servers (logically made worse when a built in proxy is used) is a pivotal factor. But this never happened with my MXQ M12 S805 box with another Linux firmware build, and was not present when I tried the otherwise awful Android KODI 16.1 on this S905X box before thankfully upgrading it to Linux with LibreElec. So has kszaq or anyone else got any idea what is the cause of this problem ?? Everything else with the latest LibreElec 7 build (012g) on my S905X box is superb and very fast so I am delighted with it.

So do I need to send any log files ?? If so let me know and which ones, and also how I can get them and send them as never had to do that before after many years of using Linux based XBMC/KODI boxes.

Not treid the V8 betas yet as been too busy but maybe this fault will not be present with this build and KODI 17.

Edited once, last by RayW (February 2, 2017 at 7:52 AM).

• Hi.

I am using build 12. I see severe "flickering" when I switch from one video to another in a playlist in youtube. The was no such effect with build 09.
    The monitor just flashes about 7-8 times while the message "Opening stream" is displayed.

Did anyone experience this ?

Edit:
    It's a s905x 2gb/16gb box (x96)

Edited once, last by x-kent (February 2, 2017 at 12:03 PM).

• kszaq, any chance you'll let us know which box you run? I've asked a couple times and didn't get a reply.

If you're intentionally not replying, I understand -- just wanted to double-check before I order boards for my family because I'd really prefer to buy whatever box you are running.

Thank you in advance!

• kszaq, any chance you'll let us know which box you run? I've asked a couple times and didn't get a reply.

If you're intentionally not replying, I understand -- just wanted to double-check before I order boards for my family because I'd really prefer to buy whatever box you are running.

Thank you in advance!

My everyday device is WeTek Hub (gift from WeTek), I also have Odroid C2 (gift from Hardkernel) and T95x - the cheapest S905X device that was available at the time I was buying, but I don't like it for its weak WiFi. I used to have Beelink MiniMX but I broke down some time ago. I also have a few S805 devices - for testing only.

• Hi Kszaq,

How can I display AML-MBAUDIO S/PDIF as audio output and passthrough audio ouput?

Do I need a special DTB file other than gxbb_p201.dtb ?

Thanks