Posts by ram.khakurel

From all I have read and done here as a relative newbie I can say confidently that you must not change tree file name to dtb.img for updating. Just put the correct downloaded DTB file into the Update folder AS IS along with the build and reboot.

You only change the correct and relevent DTB file to DTB.IMG on the prepped bootable Libreelec SD card, so repeat do not change the name when copying to the update folder prior to rebooting.

Cheers
    RayW

Hi,
    I did that put dtb file and update tar and reboot ,now i get error as attached picture no libreelec is showing?cant access recovery to using tooth pick.what do i do now,i have 2 box same thing happened.
    I just get s905x splash screen,even using usb burning tool,flash stops after 5 percent.pls help.i had libreelec installed into internal in these box and was working except audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys,i have got librelec 7.0.3.12 build in my s905x tx3 pro box running in nand.
    All ok except audio.in kodi audio settings,audio output device os greyed out and selected to default Bluetooth audio pulse audio.
    Since its greyed out can't change,any idea how to change it?
    Why its greyed out?

Hi,i have installed both the addon zips in my s905x tx5 running kszaq 7.0.3.010 32 bit libreelec,from that post.
    When i run retro arch and go to menu,i can navigate with remote arrows but unable to select using ok button in remote.
    Any idea?also dont know how to add rom and play.

Lakka is a separate OS. AFAIK Lakka people are working on a build for S805/S905 partially based on my work.

All my future Jarvis builds will be with 32- and 64-bit userspace. My Krypton builds will only have 32-bit userspace.

I see ,anyway we can use retroarch or other similar to play emu rom games then in ur build?

ram.khakurel Can you try running this script to install: installtointernal

You need to use it one time, then reboot to see an error, then use the script second time.

Hi kszaq,
    U have done it .
    After using new script 2nd time ,librelec boots from nand.
    When i run new script ,gave same error after reboot.booted from sd then again ran script.after reboot get librelec.
    Whatever u have done with new script and,its works.
    Thanks ur help and great work.
    Now was wandering is there straight install into nand from revovery rather than doing twice from sd card ?
    Did u figure out why wasnt working earlier in my box?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Can you do an experiment: after you ran installtointernal once and get the error, can you boot once again from SD and run installtointernal second time? Do you get an error after running it for the second time?

I just did that.
    2nd time when i run installtointernal, it gives me error as attached.
    Dmesg after this is here:
    LUeg
    [IMG]4323670be1b5e791731b12e2cf9bb199.jpg[/IMG

Let me know any further experiments u want me to do.
    If i remove sd card and boot ,still error message as before.only way to unbrick is to use usb tool to flash android.

Yes and thank you for the log. I will tell you when I have something ready, I'm now busy with non-Amlogic-related life stuff. ;)

Sure.u are doing great job .ofcourse life things is important this.
    Keep me posted when u get chance.
    When i flash in s905x,i dont delete dtb.img should i replace with new test build tree dtb.img in sd card?
    Thanks

Hey kszaq, any word about post #408? I'd be glad to help you fix whatever needs fixing. If the issue is not on my side, ofc.

Hi Ram. Looks like you have a different partition table than standard Amlogic. Can you please boot from SD and paste result of dmesg | paste? Please do a fresh boot (i.e.disconnect from power) before you collect this log.

Have you updated your device tree? This has been mentioned before, you need to use a device tree that I provide to avoid audio issues.

Hi kszaq,
    Below above librelec boot from sd card .
    Dmesg for my tx3 pro s905x 1gb is NKJi

Dmesg for my tx5 s905x 2gb is
    eJTb

Appreciate ur work and hope u can help me install in nand .
    Thanks
    Ram

Spekkie There is support for using Balbes' autoscript but you don't have to use it. My script also uses dtb.img from SD card first and then reads dtb from internal memory if there is no tree image on SD card.

There is one reason to use a new device tree: audio. Device trees from vendors most of the time don't have support for HD Audio and there is no bc_timer entry that is needed for stutter-free playback after latest kernel updates.
    [hr]
    Here's a new development build. I'm posting it here since it has mostly S905X-only fixes: changed booting procedure, fixed 4K H.264 playback (not tested, please report!) and one change to device tree that should fix audio - I missed one from @afl1's post.

2016-10-03-devel

Hi Kszaq,
    I test ur new build released today with s905x fix in tx3 pro 1gb and tx5 both.
    In both sd card boot works fine.
    I run installtointernal script to install internal.when box reboots no libreelec. Just get error message.

Any idea.when i plug sd card and reboot ,works fine.
    Just internal boot dont work.