[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Guys, can anyone confirm that dolby atmos and dts x bitstream work in libreelec? I have it installed and everything is working great but as of now I don't have an atmos capable amp but still want to know for the reference if it's problem free.

Edited once, last by makakam (January 27, 2017 at 6:45 PM).

• Can anyone guide me how to install libreelec on Nexbox a95x s905 1gb with android 5.1 version? I know how to made sd card. just want to know which device tree, usb port and recovery method to use.

• There is no video of how to install LibreELEC.

Go to the main page & download the image thread-3588.html use the one without temp sensor to begin with

I use rufus, from the drop down select dd, burn image to microsd card. Then with the downloaded device tree change ***.dtb to dtb.img YES change the file extension. Copy this dtb.img to the sd card replacing the dtb already on there.

With the power lead disconnected Stuff the sd card into the device, use a toothpick, hold the reset button in, plug the power lead in, after a few seconds it should start to go to recovery, release the reset button. It will boot to Libreelec, next reboot, it will automatically go to Libreelec.

This is how you choose the device tree

How to choose a device tree:
    Important: Do not use device trees from previous build! You also cannot use device tree from Android firmware as in 99% cases it won't work.

• S905: First look for device tree with your box name in it. In case there is no such image, download generic one. Device trees for S905 boxes start with gxbb.

• example: for a box with 2GB of RAM and 100Mbit Ethernet, you should download gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb
      • example: for boxes with Gigabit Ethernet download gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb
      • for boxes with Realtek WiFi (e.g. K1 Plus or K2 Pro) download device tree with RealtekWiFi in name
    • S905X: Device trees for these boxes start with gxl. You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount. If internal memory of your box is not visible, try a device tree with _nand suffix.

SD card/USB drive:
    Note: only 1 USB port is able to boot the box. You have to try them all. Some boxes are unable to boot from USB drive.

• From 7.0.3.012e i have a constant caching issue on several live channels from tvheadend. It's not relevant to stream speed - 4k channels work fine, but some SD from satellite has caching issue. Many iptv channels caching every second.
    7.0.3.012d works fine with all channels.
    I think it happened after this patch:

Code
    adjusted Kodi patch to fix video stalling in some samples

mini m8s+ s905x

Edited once, last by Yuri666 (January 27, 2017 at 7:47 PM).

• S905X with Aigale chip
    WiFi back to similar to how it was in rev 'c' - need to toggle 'wifi active' on/off to enable it, whether or not Ethernet connected prior to start

Will try to get log later today if you plan to pursue it further
    But honestly not a big deal in this config - can start wifi manually if need be.

• S905X with Aigale chip
    WiFi back to similar to how it was in rev 'c' - need to toggle 'wifi active' on/off to enable it, whether or not Ethernet connected prior to start

Will try to get log later today if you plan to pursue it further
    But honestly not a big deal in this config - can start wifi manually if need be.

I have tried to solve this in many different ways but it looks like fixing it for QCA9377 (Aigaile included) breaks it for others. For a next build I will try to add QCA-specific udev rule as a workaround. You should know that the need to toggle is a long non-solved connman bug which we can only workaround. :(

• I have tried to solve this in many different ways but it looks like fixing it for QCA9377 (Aigaile included) breaks it for others.

7.0.3.012f Internal Install
    gxl_p212_2g.dtb

TX5 Pro with Qualcomm QCA9377

Sorry to report this Update has caused 100% Toggle required to start Wifi.
    Whilst 7.0.3.012e required toggle only 1 out of 5 reboots to hook up.
    Bluetooth works.
    Log: log-2017-01-27-23.13.08.zip

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 28, 2017 at 12:09 AM).

• I have tried to solve this in many different ways but it looks like fixing it for QCA9377 (Aigaile included) breaks it for others. For a next build I will try to add QCA-specific udev rule as a workaround. You should know that the need to toggle is a long non-solved connman bug which we can only workaround. :(

I think you've gone way above & beyond in your efforts here
    As I say, it's only a minor issue and the fact there IS a simple workaround especially mitigates it.
    Thanks again for ALL you do.

• I'll have to upload the complete mkv and pm you a link later. At work right now.

With 012e there was a new dtb file released, can't remember the full name. p212g 2g nand. New one that had nand in the name. Can't give full name as downloads offline right now. I used that new dtb with 012e as I've installed LE to internal. Could that maybe be causing the stutter? It's not massive, but noticeable on panning scenes.

For the record the mkv is 1080 24hz, video settings are 1920x1080 24hz. Refresh to set match video on start/stop. TV is reporting 24hz from LE.

Issue I reported appears to have gone by updating to 012f. Nice work with these builds, thank you. Started using the new gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb as I'm installing to internal. Running excellent on Venz V10 Pro.
    [hr]

The community server is down since yesterday and I host addons there. It's out of my control, we all have to wait for it to be back up.

I've got a dedicated OVH server sitting idle, if needed drop me a pm.

Edited once, last by Sicilian (January 28, 2017 at 8:07 AM).

• I see there is a 012f version with temperature sensor disabled. I remember seeing somehtign somewhere about this here on the forum but a search on "sensor" and/or "temperature" gives me no relavant results. So do I need the temp sensor disabled build for my MXQ M12cx S905X 1G/8G box ??

On my V 012e the temperature does show (60C reported but it is always pretty hot here in Thailand) in the KODI System Information/Hardware screen. What problems would I get anyway if I should use the disable sensor build and I use the ordinary build ??

Cheers
    RayW