[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• how to go from 009 64bit to 32bit version:

update to 32 bit and from command line:

Code
    cd /
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/*
    cd /
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons20.db

and refresh addons, faster than use tv remote and mount folders ... :)

Edited once, last by locki (January 9, 2017 at 8:36 PM).

• Thanks kszaq, Still works with Amlogic though, I presume ?

it does. this is the relevant part:

Code
    <latency>
    # general delay 
    <delay>0</delay>
    # delay for specific refresh rates, here 24p, you can of course specify for 50 or 60 hz as well, but at least in my case they are always the same so I use general setting for them 
    <refresh> 
    <min>23</min> <max>24</max> 
    <delay>175</delay> 
    </refresh> 
    </latency>

needs to be inside <advancedsettings> and <video> tags of course

Edited once, last by juramusger (January 9, 2017 at 11:20 PM).

• it does. this is the relevant part . . .
    needs to be inside <advancedsettings> and <video> tags of course

Very useful, thanks

[hr]

Not really sure why you edited my quote or why it would work for me just because it works for you. . . .

It's a feature that is supposed to work for all. I shortened the quote of your post in my response to only the relevant parts, so as not to create an outrageously long thread.
    Those reading the response, can click the little green arrow in the quote to be taken to, and read your full, untouched post if they haven't already read it (those that have, really don't need the complete post presented to them again) ;)

Glad that you discovered you no longer need any workaround in autostart.sh :D

Edited once, last by Poida (January 10, 2017 at 12:02 AM).

• I shortened the quote of your post in my response to only the relevant parts, so as not to create an outrageously long thread.
    Those reading the response, can click the little green arrow in the quote to be taken to, and read your full, untouched post if they haven't already read it (those that have, really don't need the complete post presented to them again) ;)

Glad that you discovered you no longer need any workaround in autostart.sh :D

Point taken :). But after a couple more reboots it turns out I still need the workaround for it to be stable (channels / EPG data / movies + music library not loaded), I should test more before making statements :(

• A good example is LibeELEC generic advancedsettings file (which is not used for Amlogic projects!):
    LibreELEC.tv/advancedsettings.xml at libreelec-7.0 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

So even though i see this being loaded in the log file
    [code=php]
    NOTICE: Contents of special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml are...
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <advancedsettings>
    <showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>
    <cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
    <gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
    <video>
    <latency>
    <delay>0</delay>
    <refresh>
    <min>23</min>
    <max>24</max>
    <delay>175</delay>
    </refresh>
    </latency>
    <busydialogdelayms>750</busydialogdelayms>
    </video>
    <samba>
    <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
    </samba>
    </advancedsettings>
    [/php]

It doesn't actually do anything?

EDIT: Ok after assuming that the above was working and was the reason for my audio issue for a while now, i add this to my own advancedsettings.xml
    [code=php]
    <video>
    <latency>
    <delay>0</delay>
    <refresh>
    <min>23</min>
    <max>24</max>
    <delay>0</delay>
    </refresh>
    </latency>
    </video>
    [/php]

And suddenly no more audio issues, so the default advancedsettings.xml in /usr/share/kodi/system was causing the problem lol

EDIT again: also the "<busydialogdelayms>" in that default advancedsettings.xml was removed in v12 Frodo advancedsettings.xml - Official Kodi Wiki

Edited once, last by dazed (January 10, 2017 at 12:47 AM).

• I've been running from an SD card for a while and I'm ready for install it to the internal memory.

I've read the install procedure with SSH commands, but don't know where to begin, is there a good tutorial on SSH commands somewhere ?

Or is there a simpler way for a noob like me to copy my SD card installation to the internal memory of my box (Beelink Mini MXIII II) ?

Thanks for the help !

• kszaq

Can you create a "to_internal_in_recovery" zip of the 7.0.3.012a build?
    (LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012a-temp_sensor_disabled.img.gz)

Would like to start using your build on my Beelink MiniMX.
    Thank you in advance!!

I second that, could you please compile an update.zip for 7.0.2.12a to install to internal like there was for 7.0.2.11.

I know how to "install to internal" via ssh but prefer to install/update via recovery/twrp to internal.

Thanks again for all your hardwork!

Edited once, last by iCanuck (January 10, 2017 at 1:39 AM).

• Hello I have a Nexbox A95x S905 (non-X) with 16gb/2gb with LibreElec installed internally.

I had .009 installed for about a month with great results. WiFi and bluetooth were solid. Performance was good, it would lock up maybe once every week.

I put the new .012 update into the updates folder with the relevant dtb file and rebooted. Everything seemed to work fine except for bluetooth. Wifi works, I was able to migrate to 32bit addons. The big hangup for me is that I lost bluetooth. Now when I go into librelec settings it says no bluetooth hardware.

The bluetooth hardware worked fine in .009 as I used my harmony hub remote to control the Nexbox via bluetooth. Now without blueooth I have to use the crappy IR and it's pretty rough. I've tried copying the update file and the dtb into updates and rebooting and it doesn't seem to help. I've tried disabling and re-enabling bluetooth as well to no avail. I've renamed the dtb to dtb.img and tried updating it that way and it didn't make a difference. The dtb I used was the one for .012 builds named "gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb". I've also tried a few other dtbs with no success at all. Some made me lose wifi (which is expected, I was just hoping to find one where bluetooth may work).
    Anyone else lose bluetooth with this update or have any advice?

• It works perfectly on the Nexbox A95X 2/16. Thanks! But there is a caveat. LE Settings->System, if you select the autoupdate source LE7, the menu "System" disappears itself. It is treated by removing the XLM file. This is normal? Autoupdate does not support? Identical problem: LibreELEC

• I've been running from an SD card for a while and I'm ready for install it to the internal memory.

I've read the install procedure with SSH commands, but don't know where to begin, is there a good tutorial on SSH commands somewhere ?

Or is there a simpler way for a noob like me to copy my SD card installation to the internal memory of my box (Beelink Mini MXIII II) ?

Thanks for the help !

Simpler than:
    Download putty on pc
    Open it and enter players ip adress
    Login with root/libreelec
    Enter installtointernal
    Enter yes
    Finished

Don't think so...[emoji6]

sent from my LG G2

• I second that, could you please compile an update.zip for 7.0.2.12a to install to internal like there was for 7.0.2.11.

I know how to "install to internal" via ssh but prefer to install/update via recovery/twrp to internal.

I think 7.0.2.008 was the last version with zip files to install internally.
    There were many failed attempts on too many boxes installing with this method and consequently kszaq
    dropped it. :idea:

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 10, 2017 at 9:02 AM).

• I think 7.0.2.008 was the last version with zip files to install internally.
    There were many failed attempts on too many boxes installing with this method and consequently kszaq
    dropped it. :idea:

7.0.3.011 is the last version to have a zip file to install via recovery.
    (to_internal_in_recovery)
    I have no experience installing via a ssh command. Still need to look into it...
    The point is I am running LibreElec version 7.0.2.005 from AmLinux.ru (905). I don't know what concequences it has when I install kszaq's version via SSH. Does this always succeed?

Edited once, last by zed85 (January 10, 2017 at 8:29 AM).

• The point is I am running LibreElec version 7.0.2.005 from AmLinux.ru

I have no idea what Amlinux has to do with LibreELEC versions.
    I believe you should use the SD Card LibreELEC first and learn how to SSH into your box as you will
    use it for more than just to install to internal.

You are going into dangerous territory trying to flash LE internally without knowing what the Amlinux version you flashed,has done to your original Android Firmware.
    Spend a little more time reading the instructions and ask what you don't understand.
    It will save you a lot of time now, rather than going into a Boot Freeze. Then you will have to learn more than how to SSH.
    Good luck with it.

• zed85: You could restore the original Android version to flash. This would provide you with a known starting point and also a means to de-brick your box should anything go wrong with the flash install.

• I wouldn't recommend using a micro-SD card but rather an USB stick. I tried a micro-SD card first, it somehow crashed and after that it was kind of deep level write protected so I can't use it for anything now. Tried different card readers and dozens of fomatting tools but it's just trash now. Better use an USB stick.