7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Hello
    I have a Beelink Mini MX III and for some versions, I have to start the Android TV several times to get the Ethernet connection. What is due? How can I solve it?
    Thank you

This is a Libreelec forum. :)

However, I would plug the box directly into your router with another network cable, just to check.

Or, you could install Libreelec to sd card & try that. I think my wifi is much better with Libreelec. ( not really applicable I know)

• I have a Beelink Mini MX III and for some versions, I have to start the Android TV several times to get the Ethernet connection. What is due? How can I solve it?

However, I would plug the box directly into your router with another network cable, just to check.

Or, you could install Libreelec to sd card & try that.

It is a known issue with these boxes. All Black Non Branded Beelink version.
    Only happens on Cold Boot.
    Android and LE same issue.
    If the box has power to it , it never happens again after it has hooked up.

• It is a known issue with these boxes. All Black Non Branded Beelink version.
    Only happens on Cold Boot.
    Android and LE same issue.
    If the box has power to it , it never happens again after it has hooked up.

In the Libreelec settings menu, under network, there is an option to wait for network before starting Kodi, have you tried enabling and rebooting?

Edited once, last by 7up (December 31, 2016 at 11:13 PM).

• I'm very shy about posting, always worried I'm going to get slammed for not reading something. For that reason, I always read ... then read again .. and search .. before posting.

In this case, I must be doing something very stupid and I'm missing it. No matter how much I've read, I just can't figure it out.

I apologize in advance if I'm wasting anyone's time with this, but I'm hoping it helps future readers as I've personally spent over 8 hours testing different approaches, without success.

My situation:

• In the past I've run Amlogic s812 boxes using the Amlinux.ru s806-s812 builds. I've installed and updated dozens of times without any issue. In the past, I've done this by booting into recovery using the reset button (or terminal method). Then I manually flash the .ZIP image that I've downloaded from Amlinux.ru. This has always worked on s812 hardware.

• They stopped supporting the s812. Good excuse to upgrade :-). I've purchased several s905 boxes (1GB / 8GB / 100Mbit -- branded "Mini MX" (same hardware as "S95 Pro", Tronsmart MXQ, etc) they boot to an "MBOX" branded Android firmware.

• I discovered @kszac highly rated, custom Amlogic buildtrees and decided to use these the s905 boxes. I thought @kszac's builds would be more customized due to his very well researched buildtrees.
    • I've downloaded @kszac's 32 and 64 bit versions to try both, I've downloaded the correct buildtrees (gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb as dtb.img) for my boxes, and I've moved the recovery.img over from the original ROM's.

• These s905 boxes do have the reset button behind the AV port. Unfortunately, no amount of pressing that button, no amount of time, will get me into Recovery. I've tested dozens of different methods.

• To enter Recovery, the only thing that has worked so far is issuing a "Reboot Recovery" from a Terminal Emulator

Methods I've used for attempting to enter recovery:

• Hold Reset (on this box it's behind AV port) - tested 50+ different boots, different ROM's, no luck

• Shorting the Reset-switch's pins (in case the switch itself is not triggering properly) - tested a dozen-plus times, no luck

• Use an Andriod Terminal Emulator to Reboot to recovery (or reboot update)- This does boots to the stock-recovery but it will not boot / run the SD version of @kszac's build.

Methods I've attempted to use for install:

• Booting off the SD using Rufus-Built img.gz versions. I cannot get it to run after testing 30+ attempts (32 & 64 bit builds + gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb as dtb.img + recovery.img)

• Booting from USB Flash using Rufus-Built img.gz - (same results: cannot get it to boot)

• Booting to a SD prepared with the LibreElec USB Boot Maker, supplying it with @kszac's custom .img.gz - (same results: cannot get it to boot)

• Flashing the .ZIP version directly from recovery (with proper dtb.img and recovery.img in the root). This flashes successfully, but will not boot after flash.

• Using "Backup & Update" app in the Android firmware to specify the .ZIP build

So far, the only working option:
    Using terminal emulator to reboot to recovery. Then, flash the .ZIP (because nothing I've tried will allow me to boot to the SD/USB to test without burning a new system image).

The problem is that after booting, the system is simply stuck on the logo image. The only way I can fix this is to flash in AmLogic's "USB Burning Tool" with my original Android firmware. Then try it all over again with a different version.

The only time I ever notice any sort of error, or anything out of the ordinary, is when flashing, I notice that it cannot mount the "/misc" partition to erase it. There is nothing else that indicates anything is wrong.

In summary, I have a couple questions to determine next-steps:

• Is there another way to force this to boot to the SD / USB to run these images without burning the image, considering all the options I've attempted do not work?

• Is there a build I can install using Amlogic's "USB Burning Tool", rather than flashing through Recovery (allow me to test more builds rather than having to re-flash original stock ROM every time)?

I've photographed the PC board for this s905 "Mini MX" 1G / 8G / 100-Mbps (gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb) Box:

Edited once, last by rkmfl (December 31, 2016 at 11:15 PM).

• I have a Beelink MiniMXIII not the same as you, I have used the realtek version of the dtb. Perhaps you could try that on yours?

Sorry, I can't help you about an easier way to get to recovery.

• mariozo - Thank you for the suggestion.

I apologize, I should have mentioned that I tested this. I've tried past versions, but one of the issues is that @kszac stated that there are issues with the 64-bit builds and we should start with the 32-bit. For that reason I didn't try initially. Later I did try the 7.0.2.009 builds (you mentioned 3.009 but I think you meant 2.009 because 3.009 is not in the FTP). Because they are only published as .img files and not .zip files, I am unable to boot to them (going back to my question on how I can force the box to boot from SD/USB).

bubblegum57 - I did try the Realtek version early-on and I didn't have any luck. However, I've made several changes since then and I don't think I had ever flashed a Realtek .ZIP version. I've tested so many variations, I could be wrong, but I'm going to try that again now and let you know. Thank you!

• rkmfl, I was lost in your very long post, and because of this, I didn't quote your post again.

I have a couple of Mini MX boxes (1G/8G S905 with Bear boot logo and then MBOX when boot into Android, gave all but one to my friends), one Mini MXIII (also S905 but 2G/8G) and just received a Mini MXIII II (S905X, 2G/16G) the day before yesterday. They're all running kszaq's LE build (mostly 7.90 except one was running 7.0.3).

I got no tools (and not brave enough) to take out the circuit board. Based on the photo in your post, it should be Mini MX and no AV port on it (like what I had on my M18 or MX64 boxes). Correct me if I'm wrong, the reset switch which leads you to boot from mSD card should be located in the very small hole 1/2" away from the power plug on the bottom (or reverse side of your circuit board photo). For Mini MX and Mini MXIII received several months ago, and Mini MXIII II that just received, they all have similar layout only the latter two are smaller. Hence I could not tell which one do you have but all 3 of them got that small reset hole on bottom of the chassis.

When I got the Mini MXIII II on Thursday, I thought they removed the reset button to cut cost as I felt nothing when I put a pin inside the reset hole. I then found the reset switch is slightly offset and boot LE from mSD right away. The only thing that I worried about was WiFi (2.4 and 5GHz band) and they are all working.

One thing I like to mention is which device tree I used for different devices:
    Mini MX (1G/8G): gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb (sounds strange as specification is 100M only)
    Mini MXIII (2G/8G): gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    Mini MXIII II (2G/16G): gxl_p212_2G.dtb

• Doh! The second non Beelink MiniMX-G just fell foul tho the bootup issue in 7.0.3.01x
    Now they're all back on 7.0.2.009 :dodgy:
    [hr]

Methods I've used for attempting to enter recovery:

• Hold Reset (on this box it's behind AV port) - tested 50+ different boots, different ROM's, no luck

None of the Mini MX boxes that I have even have an AV port. The reset button operated through a tiny hole in the bottom of the box.

What does the case of your Mini MX look like?
    Where in your picture is the AV port or the reset button that you pressed / shorted?

Edited once, last by Poida (January 1, 2017 at 3:55 AM).

• One thing I like to mention is which device tree I used for different devices:
    Mini MX (1G/8G): gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb (sounds strange as specification is 100M only)
    Mini MXIII (2G/8G): gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    Mini MXIII II (2G/16G): gxl_p212_2G.dtb

wkchick - Thank you for the reply.
    Yes, we're on the same page, I am certain my boxes are standard s905 1g/8g/100-Mbps which can also be confirmed on the PC board markings and the FORESEE NAND. So it is the same as your "Mini MX" as well.

The location of the reset switch definitely is not an issue in my case, it's behind the AV port I'm certain. I can feel the actual click of the switch as I hold it down/release it. Also, upon opening the PC board, I attempted to short the pins to hold it down (just to be sure switches are not defective).

So unfortunately for me, the solution isn't a different location for the switch.

HOWEVER, I have not yet tried the device-tree for the 1-Gig board (being that mine is 100 Mbps). This is a good suggestion, I'll try that as well. Thank you!

Poida - The AV port is the black plastic piece with three metal dots, top-left of the photo. Behind it, you'll notice a small white square. That's the reset switch.

My box claims to be a "Mini MX+" or "T95N" which would technically be an S905X chip. The boot logo is an S905, no mention of the "X". I should have mentioned in the original post that I've tried the dtb.img file for the 905X version as well, dozens of different attempts ... but that did not work either. I was trying to keep the post as straightforward as possible as it was long only with the key points I did included, lol.

For reference, here is a stock photo of my box, which suggests it's an "X" although when I purchased the boxes, they are all listed as S905's (no "X") which matches the boot screen as well.

Here's the sell-sheet / spec page included when I purchased the unit:

If you're interested, I located the original Alibaba link too (bypassing any information that is changed by the American resellers) -- this is my exact box:

Alibaba Mini MX+ s905

Edited once, last by rkmfl (January 1, 2017 at 4:22 AM).

• Poida - The AV port is the black plastic piece with three metal dots, top-left of the photo. Behind it, you'll notice a small white square. That's the reset switch.

LOL ah yes, of course it is. I was comparing the positions to the Mini MX and took that to be the power socket :D

I think that explains the confusion (for me) as that isn't a regular Mini MX board :s

I seem to remember having some Nexboxes, a while back, with Reset buttons that weren't connected and had to flash LE to nand.
    I think that from LE on nand I could reboot to TWRP on SD (renamed recovery.img and with original Android dtb.img on same SD)

Edited once, last by Poida (January 1, 2017 at 4:22 AM).

• rkmfl, Your box definitely is different from mine. Where you have your AV port, it is always SPDIF output on mine.
    You're right, the RESET switch is inside the AV port where you can feel the click when press it with a toothpick. For me, I can't reach the RESET switch thru the tiny hole on the bottom with a toothpick.

If your box is running Android 5.1 then it must be S905. All boxes I knew that equipped with S905X are running Android 6.0, although there's not much difference you will notice. The reason, I believe, is because of Amlogic.

It's no much difference if you use device tree of 100M instead of 1Gbit, only the ethernet doesn't work. It can still boot.

Perhaps you knew about boot issues of recent 7.90 or 7.0.3.11 builds. In may case, it stays at the box boot logo. If it is a fresh install, it only fails to boot the second time, i.e. after the ext4 partition was extended.

• Thank you both, this is really helpful.

Poida - This box is identical to the Nexbox 95X, and I'm positive it suffers from the same problem. You solution is exactly what I was looking for. The only problem is that I didn't understand what you wrote, lol.

You said you would flash LibreElec to the NAND as your first step. That's what I've been trying to do all along, without luck. I've tried the various options, but none of them have worked. Can you expand just a bit on how you were able to get it to boot into the SD/USB to install LibreElec, without using the reset?

wkchick - I did read about the boot failure being only once, but with everything else I read, I wasn't thinking about it. I wonder how many dozens of attempts where I only tested the first reboot and didn't test it again. Now that you've mentioned that, I will only test 7.0.2.009 from now on, which will save me a lot of time between each test!

• rkmfl,
    You're right, the RESET switch is inside the AV port where you can feel the click when press it with a toothpick. For me, I can't reach the RESET switch thru the tiny hole on the bottom with a toothpick.

Switch inside 3.5mm socket, one very good tool is cotton swab (cut head away)

Bottom reset switch can push with needle (thread hole side is better)

[hr]

You said you would flash LibreElec to the NAND as your first step. That's what I've been trying to do all along, without luck. I've tried the various options, but none of them have worked. Can you expand just a bit on how you were able to get it to boot into the SD/USB to install LibreElec, without using the reset? this is impossible

You must do this reset procedure first time, even you start from sd-card. (if you update android version, you must press again first time)
    Remove power cable, put in sd-card, keep reset switch on, plug power plug in, wait starting, release reset switch.
    Some boxes not boot right from usb-stick. Flashing stopped in error.

If you want install in nand, you must start first from sd-card and then install it via Putty (copy installtointernal file and execute it).
    But this is old information, i'm not sure if direct flashing with reset switch is now possible.
    Try extract files in sd-scard.
    to_internal_in_recovery

don't forget copy device your tree file
    device_trees

It is bit difficult understand, first boot Librelec from SD-card and Flashing Android in Nand memory use same reset procedure, only files are diffrent.
    Openelec boot in kodi and Android NAND flashing in Recovery menu, where you can flash it. Some Firmwares boot direct in NAND flashing.
    I need more information, maybe it depend naming zip in Update or extracted files.
    I'm pretty sure you must press reset swith, because i have s905, s905x, s912 and all not boot from sd-card without pressing. Later pressing not need.

Edited once, last by Miks (January 1, 2017 at 7:41 AM).

• rkmfl, I am not the right person who can give you any advice. I believe you have more experience than I as you started flashing with S805, S812 boxes until it was no longer supported. I just came up with an idea if you want to try.

Presume that it was the u-boot of your Android firmware that doesn't support (or allow) boot from mSD and you did flash the original Android OS using Amlogic's USB Burning Tool so many times. Is it possible to flash another Android of other boxes (e.g. 106L1 or 107L1 for Mini MX) with its u-boot that surely support boot from mSD? Of course, some functions (e.g. ethernet, bluetooth, remote control etc.) of your box might not work again when you boot to Android OS but you can boot LE. After all, you planned to flash kszaq's LE build to internal ROM and worse case scenario you can flash the original Android OS back.