7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Is what you did the same as #183 Link. fw_setenv upgrade_step 1
    Make all u-boot variables go back to default values and thus disable SD and USB booting ?
    I ask because this did not fix the boot freeze executing command over ssh

• I am using a 2g 16g S905, and I am experiencing one problem with h.264 videos via Live TV. If h.w. decoding is enabled, each time you try to watch Live TV, the channel just shows the first frame of video and audio for 5-6 seconds, and then freezes altogether. Changing channel does not help, you need to restart PVR in order for channels to change. However, same again, when you turn on a channel, it shows the first frame of the video and several seconds of audio, then freezes.

Same with all PVR addons, and also with previous S905 alpha firmware versions.

Any ideas?

Edited once, last by linelis22 (December 28, 2016 at 7:59 AM).

• Hi Kszaq. I have this version on my Wetek HUB on SD card. This version is with Kodi 16.1. When Kodi 17 is stable, will this also be in this 7.03 build? Or is kodi 17 only in the 7.9 devellop build?
    Thanks.

• Hi Kszaq. I have this version on my Wetek HUB on SD card. This version is with Kodi 16.1. When Kodi 17 is stable, will this also be in this 7.03 build? Or is kodi 17 only in the 7.9 devellop build?
    Thanks.

My builds follow LE numbering.
    Kodi 16.x -> LE 7.x (and 6.90 alpha/6.95 beta)
    Kodi 17.x -> LE 8.x (and 7.90 alpha/7.95 beta)

• does anyone know if the advancedsettings.xml file is getting parsed at all

I am having buffering issues while playing large blu ray disks from a NAS(smb)over the network and trying to paly with the cache settings to battle the buffering issues however no matter how much memory I set for cache I am not seeing kodi use more RAM

Edited once, last by kirilan (December 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM).

I am having buffering issues while playing large blu ray disks from a NAS(smb)over the network and trying to paly with the cache settings to battle the buffering issues however no matter how much memory I set for cache I am not seeing kodi use more RAM

Are you sure it is not a network problem. Running over wifi could be the cause of buffering.

• Are you sure it is not a network problem. Running over wifi could be the cause of buffering.

I can play the same files from the PC normally(kodi on windows no buffering issues) over the same LAN, even though the PC has a Gigabit port and the LE Box is 100Mbit the traffic from the NAS side is not peaking over 50-60Mbit

LibreELEC

• Is what you did the same as #183 Link. fw_setenv upgrade_step 1
    Make all u-boot variables go back to default values and thus disable SD and USB booting ?
    I ask because this did not fix the boot freeze executing command over ssh

complete story is that my box was bricked dead and unable to boot.
    i've unbricked it shortcutting NAND pins 5-6 at power-on.
    in this way I've got the u-boot prompt back (and perhaps also the factory default environment variables)
    but, just to be sure, I did the env reset from the serial console executing "defenv_reserv"
    in attach my current env dump for your reference.

• I'm just wondering why someone tells bricked a box dead and then unbricked it.
    If something has bricked then its bricked for ever and it means its useless as a brick, isn't it?
    If you can use it later then it wasn't bricked.

• I'm just wondering why someone tells bricked a box dead and then unbricked it.
    If something has bricked then its bricked for ever and it means its useless as a brick, isn't it?
    If you can use it later then it wasn't bricked.

bricked: without any skills or additional info (or patience or just luck) you would throw that brick away..
    un-bricked: sometimes it's a brick until you figure out and fix the problem

no hard feelings.. ;)

ciao

• My Nexbox A95x (with mali-450 and S905X and 1GB RAM) currently lags in Kodi when I stream 1080p streams. Will moving on to Libreelec(from Android 6) most likely solve this issue? I just want to stream smooth 1080p but this box can't do that and I have no idea why...Any help would be worth gold.

Mine is reading and parsing the advancedsettings.xml because my central SQL library is connecting, reading, and updating, and all that info is stored in the advancedsettings.xml.

• MiniM8sPro S905 2gb/8gb
    LE Internal Flash
    7.0.3.011 stock version. gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb 18-Dec-2016 16:54 38576
    SD Card November 19th Dev Build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161119092613-r23439-gc23e2fb.img.gz  #138

I have some breaking news on this boot freeze. I am sorry to add my previous quote to this but it is important.

Today i tried another variable in that i have the stock 7.0.3.011 internal and the 19th November Dev Build on SD Card boot.

I have a USB Stick inserted and a USB Receiver for my keyboard also inserted whilst testing.

The good news is whilst using November 19th Dev build on SD Card i have tried over 40 times to make the box freeze by using
    Reboot from Nand 7.0.3.011 without any freezes at all. The Boot animation skips fast whilst using reboot from nand compared to reboot whilst in 7.0.3.011 without the SD Card installed.

I am not sure if this method of bootup bypasses the USB option of bootup and hence does not freeze or kszaq might enlighten us on what this means.
    Important to mention i executed fw_setenv upgrade_step 1 over SSH before toothpicking fresh November 19th Dev Build.
    That alone did not fix boot issues. I then toothpicked the fresh 19th Dec SD Card.

Can some other members try a working version on SD Card and the 7.0.3.011 on internal to see if you get the same results.
    I ask this because this Bloody Box will not Freeze at all now.
    Even when i have pulled the SD Card out and still have USB peripherals plugged in.
    :@
    Looks like we might have this bug fixed by Christmas :D

Edited once, last by kostaman (December 29, 2016 at 6:07 AM).